Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why is it that eschatology seems to attract such a large percentage of nut jobs?

I mean, most areas of doctrine have their aberations, and their people who are out there...
But when it comes to eschatology, it just seems like it attracts craziness like moths to a flame. So are there any sane people around?

oh.. and what is with those people that show up and make some obscure, psudo mysterious statement about the new thing that God has revealed to them.... but they can't tell anyone... but keep your eyes open!*wink*!!!

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that eschatology seems to attract such a large percentage of nut jobs?

I mean, most areas of doctrine have their aberations, and their people who are out there...
But when it comes to eschatology, it just seems like it attracts craziness like moths to a flame. So are there any sane people around?

oh.. and what is with those people that show up and make some obscure, psudo mysterious statement about the new thing that God has revealed to them.... but they can't tell anyone... but keep your eyes open!*wink*!!!
:wave:
You should read what a well placed Jew has to say about Jewish conspiracy

Introductory Note -- Benjamin H. Freedman was one of the most intriguing and amazing individuals of the 20th century.

Mr. Freedman, born in 1890, was a successful Jewish businessman of New York City who was at one time the principal owner of the Woodbury Soap Company. He broke with organized Jewry after the Judeo-Communist victory of 1945, and spent the remainder of his life and the great preponderance of his considerable fortune, at least 2.5 million dollars, exposing the Jewish tyranny which has enveloped the United States.
Mr. Freedman knew what he was talking about because he had been an insider at the highest levels of Jewish organizations and Jewish machinations to gain power over our nation. Mr. Freedman was personally acquainted with Bernard Baruch, Samuel Untermyer, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Joseph Kennedy, and John F. Kennedy, and many more movers and shakers of our times. This speech was given before a patriotic audience in 1961 at the Willard Hotel in Washington, D.C., Though in some minor ways this wide-ranging and extemporaneous speech has become dated, Mr. Freedman's essential message to us -- his warning to the West -- is more urgent than ever before.
http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/israel/freedman.htm

with love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe in the rapture, and tribulation, and all. Thats what got me saved. But I have no idea when, and not a great idea how.
I have no mysterious knowledge; just like to read and study it.
Theres a fine line between nutjobs and believers.

Upvote 0

Covenant Heart

Principled Iconoclast
Jul 26, 2003
At home
Visit site
✟2,172.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
If You Are Saved...

(and I don’t question that you are), then that truth has nothing to do with the rapture and/or tribulation, and everything to do with the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

That's just the way it is.

Blessings!
Covenant Heart

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
I believe Satan is using these lunatics to try and decieve us.
If you have ever visited someone in a mental institution , you would know that these people will claim that they have been in contact with Satan and or his demons , and you can actualy see them talking to Satan even tho you can't see anyone else there.
I believe there are some people here who are getting on line from some of these institutions.(tools of satan)
So are there any sane people around?
Well who's going to addmit to being insane? , and thus we are all sane....lol
Oh yeah , there's plenty of them around.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Because it involves the future. You can't disprove someone's nutty theory about the future, especially if it's always, "just around the corner". No matter how crazy, there is always a small chance that it might actually happen. Can you prove that Zionist Squirrels, for example, will not take over the government soon? Hey, with God, all things are possible, right?

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the rapture, and tribulation, and all. Thats what got me saved. But I have no idea when, and not a great idea how.
I have no mysterious knowledge; just like to read and study it.
Theres a fine line between nutjobs and believers.
I don't have any problem with that at all :)

I don't think the idea of the rapture or the tribulation are crazy.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe Satan is using these lunatics to try and decieve us.
If you have ever visited someone in a mental institution , you would know that these people will claim that they have been in contact with Satan and or his demons ,
Honestly, BD, demons do exst and I have had someone pray them out of my (former) house. And Bob Larson isn't mentally ill either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The world will always see the truly faithful as 'nut jobs' and you are in the world

No, we're all insane and you the only one sane.

Keep your eyes closed, it's your safe place. wink

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The world will always see the truly faithful as 'nut jobs' and you are in the world

No, we're all insane and you the only one sane.

Keep your eyes closed, it's your safe place. wink
The problem is not the world thinking your a nut job... its when the faithful also think your a nut job... then you might have issues.

As for whether I'm faithful or of the world. I'm secure enough in faith to be content that God will judge me justly, and in the here and now, my words and deeds will speak for themselves.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The problem is not the world thinking your a nut job... its when the faithful also think your a nut job... then you might have issues.

This is very true. And it's compounded by the fact that the faithful can't always say what they think for fear of getting a warning.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

As for whether I'm faithful or of the world. I'm secure enough in faith to be content that God will judge me justly, and in the here and now, my words and deeds will speak for themselves.

Did you think I was so stupid that I didn't know you made this thread from your conversation with me in another thread?

I may only be a nutjob to you sir, but I'm not stupid.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Did you think I was so stupid that I didn't know you made this thread from your conversation with me in another thread?

I may only be a nutjob to you sir, but I'm not stupid.
You give yourself too much credit :) I didn't make this thread in direct response to you. I made it because I was struck by the fact that a high percentage of the stuff I read in this forum makes no sense.

You may notice that in the OP here I essentially asked the question why is such a high percentage of thinking on end time prophecy so crazy. While we obviously have had our disagreements, you alone do not constitute a high percentage of my experience.

Really this isn't a new observation for me, I was just struck by it afresh when I started reading this forum. The same phenomenon holds true looking back on my experiences outside of this forum as well. Eschatology attracts wierdness.

A couple months ago I ran into a guy who portrayed Jesus return as an alien invasion, and even had a prophetic "innaugeral" (sp) address which Jesus was going to give from the lawn of the white house, and the main thrust of the address was an explanation of liquidating billions of the earth's population (which is how this guy construed the rapture).

At first I thought he was just mocking christians or something, but he was actually serious.

In this forum, I've run into conspiracy theories at every turn, which is ok, I like conspiracy theories, but most of them aren't terribly believable. Especially when they start throwing around terms like "crypto-jews".

You in particular weren't that "nutjobby" I just happen to disagree with your views on ecclesiology, but the response I got when I disagreed was essentially "YOU DENY THE WORDS OF CHRIST!!!! YOU ARE OF THE WORLD!!!" and then some psycho-babble about the secret info which Jesus revealed to you, but you can't tell us yet.

So.. yea, that begins to sound a little nutty too.

Then on top of that you've got every one and their brother running around with all sorts of theories on what the "symbols" or prophecy REALLY mean. Except no one ever seems to have theories.. they KNOW :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.