Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't believe that this is considered unorthodox theology, but it's definitely controversial. Do all children go to Heaven? Are there any in Hell? When do they start becoming accountable for their sins? For me,.. I honestly can't picture any six or seven year olds in Hell,.. but teenagers on the other hand,... That's a different story. What do you guys think?

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
children by nature are disobedient to their parents. do you have children ?

anyone who has raised children know they do not have to teach them to disobey but to obey them and they naturally test their parents boundaries they have set for them to keep them safe.

does the bible teach that disobeying your parents is a sin ? yes or no

• Informative
Reactions: lightninboy
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the story of Elijah (2 Kings 2:23-24) that group taunting him were youth, likely teenagers. I would say they were definitely accountable, and God obviously felt the same.

However, much I'm sure depends on the child... an autistic adult? Depending on the severity of the illness may never raise to be an age of accountability.

However, the Bible tells us in Deuteronomy 1:39 that those who don't yet know Good and Evil will possess the land of promise, and Jesus says in Matthew 19:13-14 that Heaven belongs to the little children and David said in 2 Samuel 12:23 that he would see his dead child after he died...

We do know God is always just, so I trust He won't do anything unjust. Jews took the age of accountability to be around puberty, and I see no reason to doubt that reasoning but as every child is different, there's probably not a hard line.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the story of Elijah (2 Kings 2:23-24) that group taunting him were youth, likely teenagers. I would say they were definitely accountable, and God obviously felt the same.

However, much I'm sure depends on the child... an autistic adult? Depending on the severity of the illness may never raise to be an age of accountability.

However, the Bible tells us in Deuteronomy 1:39 that those who don't yet know Good and Evil will possess the land of promise, and Jesus says in Matthew 19:13-14 that Heaven belongs to the little children and David said in 2 Samuel 12:23 that he would see his dead child after he died...

We do know God is always just, so I trust He won't do anything unjust. Jews took the age of accountability to be around puberty, and I see no reason to doubt that reasoning but as every child is different, there's probably not a hard line.
And David was Gods chosen leader/King and a believer so he was confident where his child would be after the Lord took the child.

There is no scripture anywhere which states the children of unbelievers will be saved. At best its nothing but speculation to claim children of unbelievers will be saved.

I think the passover in Exodus makes that point that those who placed the blood upon the doorpost would be spared their firstborn sons and the angel of death passed over them and all of the Egyptians firstborn sons were killed by God.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is not written anywhere in the Bible and we can only speculate on it, but I believe the age of accountability is different for every person. Each person has a different life story and God's first appearance in it is differently for everyone.

I know for sure though that God is just, and His judgment will be based on each person's life story. :)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And David was Gods chosen leader/King and a believer so he was confident where his child would be after the Lord took the child.

There is no scripture anywhere which states the children of unbelievers will be saved.

hope this helps !!!

I agree with you on that, there isn't scripture on the children of unbelievers...

however, depending on whether or not you believe in infant baptism will inform whether you believe unbelievers children will go to heaven, most likely.

I am not a proponent of infant baptism, although I do believe the believer sanctifies those they are close to, which includes their children.

But whether the children of unbelievers go to heaven or whether they go into eternal nothingness (possible) I do know God is never unjust in His judgements.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you on that, there isn't scripture on the children of unbelievers...

however, depending on whether or not you believe in infant baptism will inform whether you believe unbelievers children will go to heaven, most likely.

I am not a proponent of infant baptism, although I do believe the believer sanctifies those they are close to, which includes their children.

But whether the children of unbelievers go to heaven or whether they go into eternal nothingness (possible) I do know God is never unjust in His judgements.
I'm opposed to infant baptism as it gives a false hope and security for the parents as if the act of water saves a child without them ( children)even understanding what baptism means.

We dedicated our 4 children before God and the congregation that we would raise our children under the nurture, care, admonition and the fear of the Lord.

I'm blessed to say all 4 of my children are saved and serving the Lord in ministry. 2 boys 22 and 32 and 2 girls 28 and 34.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe that this is considered unorthodox theology, but it's definitely controversial. Do all children go to Heaven? Are there any in Hell? When do they start becoming accountable for their sins? For me,.. I honestly can't picture any six or seven year olds in Hell,.. but teenagers on the other hand,... That's a different story. What do you guys think?

first ... hell is the grave where people are in a dormant sleep until the Lord returns and the 1st resurrection happens. Nobody is "burning in hell". Many many many verses that makes this clear.

When is a person capable to understand the Word of God? I would say it varies. Only the Lord knows the mind and the heart. Children are to be brought up taught about the Lord .... if so ... then ... when they are older they will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Berean Study Bible
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Deuteronomy 11:19
Teach them to your children, speaking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger; instead, bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm opposed to infant baptism as it gives a false hope and security for the parents as if the act of water saves a child without them ( children)even understanding what baptism means.

We dedicated our 4 children before God and the congregation that we would raise our children under the nurture, care, admonition and the fear of the Lord.

I'm blessed to say all 4 of my children are saved and serving the Lord in ministry.

That's so awesome.. :)

I was still following Islam when my daughter died (she was 23 when she died), as I became Christian late in life...

But when it comes to such things, I just trust God is absolutely just in all HIS judgements, it's all we can do. :)

• Agree
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I was still following Islam when my daughter died (she was 23 when she died), as I became Christian late in life...

But when it comes to such things, I just trust God is absolutely just in all HIS judgements, it's all we can do. :)
We can hope and pray to our God to be full of Mercy and Grace.

I'm very sorry for your loss I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose one of my children and how painful that would be.

God bless you Hazeleponi.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We can hope and pray to our God to be full of Mercy and Grace.

I'm very sorry for your loss I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose one of my children and how painful that would be.

God bless you Hazeleponi.

Thank you, and may God continue to shower His blessings on you and your family... :)

Yes, losing a child is difficult... although I do have hope, but have come to terms that no matter what, God will be absolutely Just, and I have no complaints.

When she was sick in the hospital one of her nurses told her to read about Job in the Bible.. so she asked me permission to read it and asked that I get her a Bible so she could do so.

I remember running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out where to get a Bible for her to read... but I did manage it in the end, so God did not allow her to die without showing her something of His truth. :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
children by nature are disobedient to their parents. do you have children ?

No, not yet but for the record I already know that disobeying your parents is a sin. That doesn't tell me whether or not a child will wind up in Hell for it though.

Aww,.. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm just curious but what year did she die?

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, not yet but for the record I already know that disobeying your parents is a sin. That doesn't tell me whether or not a child will wind up in Hell for it though.

Aww,.. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm just curious but what year did she die?
children are naturally defiant and willfully disobey their parents which is why proverbs teaches parents that to spare the rod(of discipline) is to spoil the child. they need such correction from an early age when they start to disobey their parents.

I know its not politically correct to say this these days but it is the biblical model.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
children are naturally defiant and willfully disobey their parents which is why proverbs teaches parents that to spare the rod(of discipline) is to spoil the child. they need such correction from an early age when they start to disobey their parents.

I know its not politically correct to say this these days but it is the biblical model.

Oh I don't think that there's anything wrong with a little spanking or anything,.. but there's a fine line between that and physical abuse. Still not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand though. :scratch:

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh I don't think that there's anything wrong with a little spanking or anything,.. but there's a fine line between that and physical abuse. Still not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand though. :scratch:
Agreed which is why a parent should withhold discipline until they are calm and not angry.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You still haven't told me what that has to do with anything though.
It began with the " age of accountability" and a child sinning by disobeying their parents which has led us into this discussion which is a good topic for all parents/ grandparents to think about in raising them to be godly and obedient to their parents.

IMHO it all ties in together.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
It began with the " age of accountability" and a child sinning by disobeying their parents which has led us into this discussion which is a good topic for all parents/ grandparents to think about in raising them to be godly and obedient to their parents.

IMHO it all ties in together.

hope this helps !!!

I see,.. well please try to stay on topic. I created another thread for this subject that I tagged you in. :)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You still haven't told me what that has to do with anything though.

I think he's just pointing out that children sin even young... they are, in fact, born in sin.

Paul Washer said something in one of his sermons once, he said "take a child and discipline them not and see what you have in 10 years - a monster. "

It's just a demonstration of the sin nature we are all born with, and the fact we can't necessarily look at a child and consider them innocent of sin - per se, and as such, goes to topic.

Reactions: lightninboy
Upvote 0