ishwashere

Mar 15, 2010
✟9,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This year, I started reading the bible every day. I also listen to Christian artists. I have begun to become more conscious of what I watch and do. On my days off, it is hard getting through the day. I don't like to watch a lot of television. I want to grow in Lord but I feel like there is a barrier in my relationship with the Lord.

How can I overcome mental barriers?

What television shows or artist you listen to?

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What kind of mental barriers do you think is keeping you?
I personally like to listen to K-Love radio station online. As for television shows, I don't watch t.v. If I have my own place, I would most likely refrain from purchasing a television. I borrow dvd's from my local library, however. I like watching pioneer videos or classics like Anne of Green Gables. I also watch select Christian movies if I feel like watching something.

I also follow 'Sam and Nia' on YouTube. They're a Christian family and they're quite nice to watch : )

Upvote 0

PinkPearl

Jan 5, 2014
✟25,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This year, I started reading the bible every day. I also listen to Christian artists. I have begun to become more conscious of what I watch and do. On my days off, it is hard getting through the day. I don't like to watch a lot of television. I want to grow in Lord but I feel like there is a barrier in my relationship with the Lord.

I strengthened my relationship with the Lord by reading up about testimonies of people who had NDE and their personal experiences with Heaven and Hell during their NDE.
This is the site: Heaven and Hell Testimonies

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't watch TV either, but then I'm married with kids so I have no time for it anyway. I do read a lot of Christian authors whenever I have any spare time. On rare occasions I'll watch a Hallmark movie because those are pretty clean.

One thing I'd suggest is for you to find something to get involved in. It's great to have a daily time in the word to grow your relationship with God, but he also wants you do something with it to the benefit of others. Maybe it's building relationships with people, maybe it's volunteering with a ministry. Something that's focused on showing Christ's love to other people.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,376.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Since you asked for advice, I'd say give up t.v. period. I was told to do this years ago. I was told "Television is being used to harden the hearts of Americans." The anti Biblical messages of the Bible are all over t.v. It is NOT being run by the Lord!

I do watch the news and some historical things on You Tube, but have no t.v. and have not missed it a bit.

I pray you get wisdom in this issue, and strength to turn from "Babylon."

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... I want to grow in Lord but I feel like there is a barrier in my relationship with the Lord. ...
There are a lot of causes for this, but the solutions for all of them are the same: persist in drawing closer to the Lord. Some of the ways this is done is by trying to know who the Lord is and what he is like better through Bible study, prayer, obedience, devotionals, fasting, choosing to trust that he keeps his promises and act on that, etc.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Free Downloads | Moore Life Ministries - Branson, MO

Kenneth Copeland Ministries - How to Live in Divine Health

TV Archives - Andrew Wommack Ministries

:)

Upvote 0