NSEW
✟85,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have done some small creative writing projects in the past and have just completed a creative writing class at college. My priest heard this and somehow didn't hear the "writing" part; he seems to think I meant publishing (or he's roping me in regardless of experience) and has asked me to help him put together a book about the icons in our church. Not just the stories of the saints but also the parishioners who donated them, when they were donated, the stories behind how they came to be, etc.

I'm still hashing out details with him, but if I'm going to basically publish this thing from scratch with no publishing experience I'd like to at least give it my best to cover for the inexperience. Any two cents on what y'all might want to see in a book like this? Any other two cents?

• Friendly
Reactions: archer75

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,302,413.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Get someone else to proof read it when you're finished. You never see your own mistakes.

Oh I'll echo this and suggest that you get at least 1 person to proofread for you. No matter how careful you are little errors can slip in unnoticed and then you spot them after the work is actually printed and published and feel such a fool.

Upvote 0