Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I'll be going on a missions trip this summer, and It's kind of mandatory for every believer to give their testimony, but I'm not sure exactly what mine is, or even what to say, because I don't really remember the day that well, but I do remember what I prayed, and what happened afterwards, so I'll just write about what happened before and after I trusted Christ and you tell me what you think. now by "tell me what you think" I don't mean it's a book that needs editing or anything like that, what I mean is tell me if this will work for a short testimony or if you think some information might be missing from it that I need to include.
Here goes:

I was saved when I was about 6 years old, I grew up going to church every Sunday, but I didn't really pay much attention at that age. I knew who Jesus was, I knew who Satan was, and I kinda knew what sin was, in the sense that I knew it was bad. but I can't remember any specific event that caused me to come to repentance, other than the grace of God. I was sitting down watching TV, and I don't remember what I was thinking at the time, but I walked up to my sister and asked "How do I get saved" and she sat down with me on my parents bed, and told me that everyone is guilty of sin before God, even me. and that I deserve to go to hell because of my sin, but because Jesus gave his life for us on the cross, he paid for my sin, so I wouldn't have to, and through that sacrifice He provided a way to heaven.

and after she explained it to me, she told me I have to sincerely mean what I'm about to pray, and not just say it, and then she led me through a prayer of repentance, and I said that I realized I was a sinner, and deserved death in hell, but that I didn't want to go to hell and I asked God to forgive me of my sin, and to come into my heart and save me. and at that age, I repented of my sin and trusted in Jesus because I didn't want to go to hell; but as I got older, I realized it's about so much more than that. I had the opportunity last year to go to a Christian Camp for the first time, and I remember the Pastor that was speaking there that year saying on the last day there (I'll paraphrase here, because I don't have the exact wording on hand, but in my notebook, and i'll sum it up) "God doesn't just want parts of your life, he wants all of it, and we need to go All In for God." and God really spoke to me, he'd brought me to the realization that I needed to serve Him with everything that I am, and everything he made me to be, and leave the results up to Him. and although I had repented and had saving faith, I was holding back from Him, and of course I repented for it, and after the sermon was over I prayed, and I went All In for God, and said I would give Him everything, without restraint, and go where ever he led me and do whatever he called me to do.