USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Soleimani" you know there are things that man did that has not been shared nor will. A what we do know has killed, been apart of hundreds/thousands of Americans being killed. And that man was never to even leave Iran.

Search "Iran has vowed to retaliate". Yeah.. nothing has changed. Not like they're saying "ok THIS time we mean it" lol. To them we are the big Satan and Israel is the little Satan. From what I read and understand what happens in the heavenlies 1st then we see it here on earth. This has been and always will be about ONE THING. Yeshua/Jesus Christ.

So me.. I am really looking up!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,298.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Soleimani" you know there are things that man did that has not been shared nor will. A what we do know has killed, been apart of hundreds/thousands of Americans being killed. And that man was never to even leave Iran.

Search "Iran has vowed to retaliate". Yeah.. nothing has changed. Not like they're saying "ok THIS time we mean it" lol. To them we are the big Satan and Israel is the little Satan. From what I read and understand what happens in the heavenlies 1st then we see it here on earth. This has been and always will be about ONE THING. Yeshua/Jesus Christ.

So me.. I am really looking up!
Amen!:amen:

Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate to be that one person, but I'm pretty sure everything in the OT prophecies have already come to pass. I mean really, there's also evidence that Revelations already could have come to pass.

Does every world-event need to be some sort of biblical prophecy, or do we really not trust God to just do his thing and have to, instead, try to predict everything by twisting scripture to fit current events? Not trying to sound rude, just putting in my two cents here. This kind of theological 'prophesizing' has never been helpful, and in fact, is almost always incorrect.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hate to be that one person, but I'm pretty sure everything in the OT prophecies have already come to pass. I mean really, there's also evidence that Revelations already could have come to pass.

Does every world-event need to be some sort of biblical prophecy, or do we really not trust God to just do his thing and have to, instead, try to predict everything by twisting scripture to fit current events? Not trying to sound rude, just putting in my two cents here. This kind of theological 'prophesizing' has never been helpful, and in fact, is almost always incorrect.
Hi, pencil person, welcome to the forum.

Whether the opening post has the right application to the recent event in Iran, I don't know. But the general direction of Iran in the end times (prophecies) appears to be one on the wrong side of God, and some sort of judgment on Iran and Islam is not far into the distance future. Sometime in the next ten years, it would appear.

Not every world-event has to be a specific bible prophecy fulfilled, as you have noted. But some prophecy in the old testament which contain the terms latter years, latter days, time of the end - are very large events and by and large mostly unfulfilled, but close. And we just happen to be living in those days, nearing the beginning of the end of Satan's control over the earth, including stirring up wars among the nations, and all sorts off evil done.

Knowing Satan's time is coming to an end, that's the good part of why we should embrace searching the bible for God's plan of the end times, and make sure we are aware of what is involved, that we are involved in knowing, that it has value to us - eternal value, when the Kingdom of God is brought to earth when Jesus returns.

Also, the redemption of our bodies and the resurrection of the dead, that pain and suffering are no more, as well as no more death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, pencil person, welcome to the forum.

Whether the opening post has the right application to the recent event in Iran, I don't know. But the general direction of Iran in the end times (prophecies) appears to be one on the wrong side of God, and some sort of judgment on Iran and Islam is not far into the distance future. Sometime in the next ten years, it would appear.

Not every world-event has to be a specific bible prophecy fulfilled, as you have noted. But some prophecy in the old testament which contain the terms latter years, latter days, time of the end - are very large events and by and large mostly unfulfilled, but close. And we just happen to be living in those days, nearing the beginning of the end of Satan's control over the earth, including stirring up wars among the nations, and all sorts off evil done.

Knowing Satan's time is coming to an end, that's the good part of why we should embrace searching the bible for God's plan of the end times, and make sure we are aware of what is involved, that we are involved in knowing, that it has value to us - eternal value, when the Kingdom of God is brought to earth when Jesus returns.

Also, the redemption of our bodies and the resurrection of the dead, that pain and suffering are no more, as well as no more death.

I appreciate the reply, but unless you can provide prophecies(in specific)that have not been fulfilled--and WHY--then it doesn't make much difference to me. I've heard people say that the book of Daniel's prophecies have not yet been fulfilled, when clearly that wasn't the case.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I appreciate the reply, but unless you can provide prophecies(in specific)that have not been fulfilled--and WHY--then it doesn't make much difference to me. I've heard people say that the book of Daniel's prophecies have not yet been fulfilled, when clearly that wasn't the case.
Since this particular thread is about Iran, I will refer you to Ezekiel 38-39. Persia is the historical name for Iran. Ezekiel 38-39 is a latter years, latter days, event - in the text of Ezekiel 38:8 and Ezekiel 38:16.

Part of that large army which invades Israel includes Persia - i.e. Iran...

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

From wikipedia...

Iran, also called Persia, and officially the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Western Asia

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 49:38 And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the Lord.

Wow! :eek: All of my life I thought God would establish His throne in Jerusalem.
This is where Cyrus the chosen one rules..Isaiah 45. Not the throne God Himself will rule as in Ezekiel 43:7 in land of Israel...

• Informative
Reactions: Douggg
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,298.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is where Cyrus the chosen one rules..Isaiah 45. Not the throne God Himself will rule as in Ezekiel 43:7 in land of Israel...
Thanks for showing me. :) Man I thought God had moved. LOL ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 21:2b Advance Elam, up Media; to the battle. Do not hesitate!
Isaiah 22:6 Elam took up the quiver.....
Elam and Media, ancient names for the country of Iran. A 'quiver'; is an arrow holder. Could refer to missiles and rockets. Zechariah 5:1-11 The land of Shinar is also in Iran.

Iran has vowed to retaliate after its most powerful military commander was killed by a US drone strike on Baghdad airport.

"Severe revenge awaits" those behind the attack on General Qasem Soleimani, said Iran's Supreme Leader.

At the direction of US President Donald Trump, the US military killed Soleimani, head of Iran's Quds Force, the foreign arm of the IRGC, in the early hours of Friday, January 3, 2020, in an air raid near the cargo area of Baghdad International Airport.

The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) said 10 people were killed, including five of its members including Soleimani, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy leader of Hashd al-Shaabi, or Popular Mobilisation Forces (PMF) - an Iran-backed Iraqi paramilitary unit, was among the dead, as well as other Iraqi militia members.

The PMF is supported by the IRGC, which trains several groups in the region. The PMF's Al-Muhandis was seen as Tehran's man in Iraq.

Soleimani was said to have been so close to the supreme leader that he reported directly to him. Ayatollah Khamenei said in a statement carried by state media: "All enemies should know that the jihad (struggle) of resistance will continue with a doubled motivation, and a definite victory awaits the fighters in the holy war."

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani tweeted: "The great nation of Iran will take revenge for this heinous crime."

Mohsen Rezaei, former IRGC commander, said on Twitter: "Soleimani joined his martyred brothers, but we will take vigorous revenge on America."

Mohammad Javad Zarif, Iran's foreign minister, tweeted his response, saying: "The US' act of international terrorism, targeting & assassinating General Soleimani - is extremely dangerous & a foolish escalation."

The unilateral US sanctions were a declaration of economic war and this reckless move is obviously a major escalation and a declaration of war against Iran,

The White House and Pentagon said the attack on Soleimani was carried out with the aim of deterring future attacks allegedly being planned by Iran. The Pentagon said Trump had ordered Soleimani's killing" after pro-Iran protesters this week stormed the US Embassy in Baghdad.
But some believe the attack will lead to more insecurity and violence across the Middle East "exactly contrary to what the Americans claim".
Ref: Reuters news.

With all due respect, newspaper eschatology is a moving target and claims such as yours have been assigned to many "other" events in the past decades. I do see the intrigue though , and why Christians flock to such however, the end will come in "a twinkling of an eye" probably from an asteroid.

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
Blessings

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Got scripture?

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55“O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 15

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the end will come in "a twinkling of an eye" probably from an asteroid.

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
Death is swallowed up in victory - the rapture/resurrection. Not an asteriod.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Scripture is speaking of the second death.

twinkling of an eye - rapture/resurrection - do not stand before the great white throne judgment.

the great white throne judgment - a thousand years later, the second death to them who's name are not found in the book of life.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
twinkling of an eye - rapture/resurrection - do not stand before the great white throne judgment.

the great white throne judgment - a thousand years later, the second death to them who's name are not found in the book of life.
Ah, sorry I forgot we have opposing views on eschatology.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,298.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55“O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 15
This scripture does not say the end will happen in the twinkling of an eye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They have not returned to a temple and offerings.. a holy of holies that can be desecrated.
The "one who restrains" has not been removed.
There has not been a one world government.
There has never been a mark placed on the forehead or hand that one must have in order to buy and sell.
The Nation of Israel was just reborn. As was their language.
The attempt to overtake them, from the North, has not happened.
There has not been a figure head that everyone on earth has been demanded to bow down to or lose their head.
There has not been the two witnesses preaching in the streets.
None of the bowl judgements have been poured out.
None of the seven scrolls have been opened.
There has not been a 7 year peace treaty with Israel.

Upvote 0