• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Adult 'bad' behavior may encourage teen sex, study says.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Hojo Hominygrits, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Hojo Hominygrits

Hojo Hominygrits Now with 25% more hominy!

+0
    Non-Denom
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    interesting. though i think those studies aren't entirely 100% on everyone. There are some kids who grow up to be really caring and great and awesome people considering their broken family.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone is awesome :).

3. Hojo Hominygrits

Hojo Hominygrits Now with 25% more hominy!

+0
    Non-Denom
    Yeah, I know people that have grown up well in spite of that stuff myself. Me and my wife. :) We were both in broken homes and we both got involved with sex in our early teens. So I think it struck a chord with me in that respect.

But I know what you're saying, surveys only represent a small cross-section of people. I brought it up because I always find it interesting (read: funny) when the secular media gets ahold of a concept that Christians have understood all along.

I guess in a world of "Not your fault" "Chemical imbalances" and glorification of promiscuity etc. it's nice to see that people are realizing that setting a good example for your children can make a big impact on a childs life.

4. pace

pace Regular Member

+1
    Agnostic
    Yeah I think it's definetaly something in what you say Hajo.

It's not as easy as like smoking just leads to more smoking, but that it leads to other kinds of risks so to speak.

My mom has always been very healthy she hasn't pushed me much beside advises at all. So it's myself who has in a way decided that I don't want to be unhealthy. So I don't drink much, I don't smoke, never taken drugs, I myself decided to not have sex before marriage when I was 17(Tho I'm somewhat changed my mind about it now), I'm even carefull of pills. And I'm supposed to be in my worse age ;) Also her 10(?) year old relationship boyfriend also ave been healthy in many ways.

Also I think My father had a part in it too tho, he's always been very unhealthy with smoking lol. 60 ultra lights a day. Apart from that tho, I think he has a very healthy soul in many ways.

5. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Moved here as it is a current news item. :)

6. Smilin

Smilin Spirit of the Wolf

+242
    Atheist
    Married
    Always be leery of these types of surveys.
    How was the survey conducted, what was the sample size,
    how diverse was the sample size...etc...etc...

Speeking strictly from my experience with troubled youths,
    behaviors are based upon morals, morals are based upon
    beliefs.

I'd be more worried about what a child believes.