Adult 'bad' behavior may encourage teen sex, study says.

Hojo Hominygrits

Now with 25% more hominy!
Jun 28, 2002
Mesa, AZ
Visit site
✟498.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thought this was interesting. Now that I'm a parent, these types of topics tend to "pop out" alot more. ;) What say ye?

(I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Maybe it should be moved?)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0830SCIENCE-HEALTH-INFLUENCES-DC.html

From a Christian perspective I find it interesting because most Christians knew this info all along. It's in the Bible (Proverbs 22:6).

Hojo Hominygrits

Now with 25% more hominy!
Jun 28, 2002
Mesa, AZ
Visit site
✟498.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Sharky
interesting. though i think those studies aren't entirely 100% on everyone. There are some kids who grow up to be really caring and great and awesome people considering their broken family.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone is awesome :).

Yeah, I know people that have grown up well in spite of that stuff myself. Me and my wife. :) We were both in broken homes and we both got involved with sex in our early teens. So I think it struck a chord with me in that respect.

But I know what you're saying, surveys only represent a small cross-section of people. I brought it up because I always find it interesting (read: funny) when the secular media gets ahold of a concept that Christians have understood all along.

I guess in a world of "Not your fault" "Chemical imbalances" and glorification of promiscuity etc. it's nice to see that people are realizing that setting a good example for your children can make a big impact on a childs life.

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Yeah I think it's definetaly something in what you say Hajo.

It's not as easy as like smoking just leads to more smoking, but that it leads to other kinds of risks so to speak.

My mom has always been very healthy she hasn't pushed me much beside advises at all. So it's myself who has in a way decided that I don't want to be unhealthy. So I don't drink much, I don't smoke, never taken drugs, I myself decided to not have sex before marriage when I was 17(Tho I'm somewhat changed my mind about it now), I'm even carefull of pills. And I'm supposed to be in my worse age ;) Also her 10(?) year old relationship boyfriend also ave been healthy in many ways.

Also I think My father had a part in it too tho, he's always been very unhealthy with smoking lol. 60 ultra lights a day. Apart from that tho, I think he has a very healthy soul in many ways.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Always be leery of these types of surveys.
How was the survey conducted, what was the sample size,
how diverse was the sample size...etc...etc...

Speeking strictly from my experience with troubled youths,
behaviors are based upon morals, morals are based upon
beliefs.

I'd be more worried about what a child believes.

Upvote 0