✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok...I am completely blown away.

Avila...this is somewhat unfair. None of us knew this was your feelings. I feel ambushed and now you are leaving. I don't think you are being fair to us.

Can you not give us a chance to understand where you are coming from?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Woosely - are you realy sorry -
Yes, I am. Very, very sorry.
you must not understand just how hard this is on my family to be seriously considering a perminent departure from Rome
I can understand that. That is not a choice I would make under any circumstances whatsoever, but I can readily believe what a wrench it would be for someone who decided to make it.
i will be praying for you - and i ask that you avoid Avila in the future - she is a peace loving woman and loves the Catholic Faith
If you are asking me to not respond to her posts, I will comply. If you are asking me to have no contact whatsoever, that is a bit difficult, since as an Administrator of this board, I have to be here on a fairly consistant basis, to monior the threads, interact with the members, and post instructions if need be. There is no way I can "avoid" a member on an open forum.

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Avila and Polycarp. :hug:

I understand why you are upset, and I am very sorry for it. I also understand why you would wish to no longer post in this roman catholic forum. However, I do believe that you both have a great wealth of information and loving qualities. If you feel that you must leave the 'Christian Forums' completely, that is what you should do. I was just wondering if maybe if there could be the possibility for you to be happy with just talking with the rest of us Christians in the other rooms around here. 

God bless you both  :hug:

Jenna

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Polycarp
so please do not ban her - she loves this community

Poly ~ I am not going to ban anyone. I am not that heartless. She hasn't done anything to be banned.

I am receiving a lot of PM's from those who love Avila and want her to stay on. I am in the process of writing one to her myself. Understand this has taken us all by surprise.

No one is going to be banned. We've been blind-sided and now we're trying to piece things back together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LilyLamb

The Lord is My Shepherd
Feb 5, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
✟1,180.00
Oh dear!!! I'm so surprised to see this!!! So sorry to hear that you feel you must go - I pray you will reconsider - you/we have so much to give to each other - especially the love of God. Each of us makes up the body of Christ and the eye cannot say to the hand "I have no need of you" ... please, please reconsider.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
:cry:

I think I've done enough crying over people leaving to last me a life time. :cry:

Avila...

/me begs

DOOONN''''''TTTTTTTTTTTTTT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we never really talked a whole lot one-on-one, but I respected your presence and loved reading all you had to say on stuff.

Just wanted to let you know that.

Upvote 0

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
I am taking a break. I am still hurt, angry and reactionary. None of which does any of us justice. I will prayerfully consider coming back to OBOB. When I do, it will first be in innocuous threads, such as Reilly's.

One thing, though. An apology for those of you who seem to be caught in total surprise by it. I did not "come out", as it were, because I did not feel that it was necessary at the time. I was enjoying being in the fellowship of like-minded individuals. When my husband expressed the desire to start coming here, I assented because I believe that he has a very worthwhile POV to add here. While his eagerness to share what he is learning has caused me to "come out" more quickly than I had planned, I was willing to go with it. It just hurts me deeply that some people do not consider me to be catholic anymore just because we are considering a jurisdictional switch. I know for a fact that it isn't Poly's desire to "convert" anyone to our way of thinking. He is just very eager to share with anyone who will listen & thought that we could get some lively intellectual stimulation going on here. I realize that he may have been a tad overzealous, especially when it came to me. He is being a good spouse and trying to protect the one he loves. Please don't think any less of him for his protectiveness. It's part of what I love about him (frustrating as it can sometimes be).

Peace and blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.