Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
✟11,055.00
Faith
Christian
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“This E-mail Is Important”
Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Just recently I saw an e-mail that had the subject line “This e-mail is important”. It kind of took me by surprise. Of course, the sender of this e-mail wanted to make sure to grab the attention of whomever received it. As I looked at the e-mail sitting in the inbox, I got to thinking about all of the e-mails that we receive on a daily basis. Not just personal e-mails at home, but at work as well. Our inboxes at home get flooded daily with different advertising from lists we’ve probably subscribed to.

I’ve often thought about getting off the lists, but then I think, “What if something they send one day is REALLY important and a great deal?” I also think about all the e-mails that not only I get at work each day, but so many others at work receive as well. So many of us have to weed through hundreds of messages per day prioritizing what is really important. Co-workers, vendors and other messages screaming for us to respond and devote time and answers to them.

Friends, it’s no surprise that we are constantly flooded with messages all day long that scream “This is important”. What is really important? How do we sift through all that’s not important and get to what’s really a priority? That’s a hard question to answer through our day. As we try to push our way through the constant messages every day, whether at home, at work, riding in the car listening to the ads on the radio, we must be diligent and intentional about what should be important.

Through it all, we must remember what is most important. We need to quiet ourselves before God and ask Him to show us what really matters. We gotta clear the noise in our lives and let Him show us what is really important. Not everything can and should be a priority.

This passage is a great reminder that we are to love God first and foremost each and every day. That is our greatest priority. That is what’s most important. When we come to Him and ask Him to lead us and give us wisdom, He can guide us to what’s really important in life. Our family, friends, job, church. These are all good things, but we must learn to better prioritize what’s really important as we live our daily lives.

I often find myself overwhelmed by texts, e-mails, social media and other media telling me what’s important. I want good deals for sure but I need to remember what’s really important in my life. I want to focus on what God has given to me and appreciate His blessings. Not everything can be a priority and not everything can be important all day long.