Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am a bit lazy at the moment, but if I haven't responded to any posts directed at the OP please forgive me. My notifications are set up to only know who has quoted/tagged me, so I don't immediately know who may have responded to all the threads I've made. I haven't searched this thread, I probably will tomorrow and see the responses...

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Angels do not come to us they are already here waiting for us to give them an assignment.

For somebody who claims to study, you were way, way off on this.

"ἄγγελος
1.a messenger, envoy
, Hom., Hdt., attic
2.generally, one that announces, of birds of augury, Il.; Μουσῶν ἄγγελος, of a poet, Theogn.; Διὸς ἄγγ., of the nightingale, Soph.; c. gen. rei, ἄγγ. κακῶν ἐμῶν id=Soph.
a divine messenger, an angel, NTest."

Liddell and Scott. An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon. Oxford. Clarendon Press. 1889.

Source

Add to that:

"ἄγγελος,n \{ang'-el-os}
1) a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God"

Source

Sorry, but you are dead wrong on that.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eve sinned before even taking a bite, the serpent placed the seed of doubt putting the consequence into doubt while at the same time telling her she would be autonomous. She was already made in the image of God, but this would increase knowledge and power. She may have reasoned and through it with contempt for God for withholding from her. She exercised by self-determination apart from God, through the sin of doubt to do that which God commanded her not to do.

Let me add a bit more information from the scriptures.

"the serpent placed the seed of doubt putting the consequence into doubt while at the same time telling her she would be autonomous."

While that may be true, and scriptures are not exactly 100%, but, technically, Eve was the first "liar".

God told Adam:

"Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.' -Gen. 2:16-17 (KJV)

When the "serpent" appeared to Eve, he said:

"Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" -Gen. 3:1 (KJV)

Then Eve replied:

"We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." -Gen. 3:2-3 (KJV)

Now, from what God told Adam, we know. But, where is it recorded that they couldn't even touch it?

Wasn't it their primary duty to dress and keep the Garden? (Gen. 2:15)

Now I admit, Adam could have told her that, but I personally doubt it.

Now the best explanation I've read is the one Arthur Pink supplies.

Adam and Christ are contrasted. Adam, became a living soul, while the second Adam became a "life giving spirit".

You see, when Christ was manifested for us, He already knew evil from the good. Whereas Adam, in his human will, was created "innocent". In other words, Adam was able to be tempted and Christ couldn't.

Here, I quote Arthur Pink:

"In unfallen Adam the will was free, free in both directions, free toward good and free toward evil. Adam was created in a state of innocency, but not in a state of holiness, as is so often assumed and asserted. Adam’s will was therefore in a condition of moral equipoise: that is to say, in Adam there was no constraining bias in him toward either good or evil, and as such, Adam differed radically from all his descendants, as well as from “the Man Christ Jesus.”

So, too, with the Lord Jesus it was far otherwise: He also differed radically from unfallen Adam. The Lord Jesus Christ could not sin because he was “the Holy One of God.” Before he was born into this world it was said to Mary, “The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that Holy Thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God” Luke 1:35. Speaking reverently then, we say, that the will of the Son of Man was not in a condition of moral equipoise, that is, capable of turning toward either good or evil. The will of the Lord Jesus was biased toward that which is good because, side by side with his sinless, holy, perfect humanity, was his eternal Deity."

Arthur W. Pink, The Sovereignty of God, Chapter VII, The Sovereignty of God and Human Will, Pt. 2: The Bondage of the Will

Now, one may suppose that had Adam not sinned, that life he had prior to sinning, would have continued for who knows how long. It could have been a few days, or a few years, but we know that just as "that old serpent" wouldn't leave our Lord alone very long, he would have been back sooner or later to try again.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Reactions: twin1954
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Let me add a bit more information from the scriptures.

"the serpent placed the seed of doubt putting the consequence into doubt while at the same time telling her she would be autonomous."

While that may be true, and scriptures are not exactly 100%, but, technically, Eve was the first "liar".

God told Adam:

"Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.' -Gen. 2:16-17 (KJV)

When the "serpent" appeared to Eve, he said:

"Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" -Gen. 3:1 (KJV)

Then Eve replied:

"We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." -Gen. 3:2-3 (KJV)

Now, from what God told Adam, we know. But, where is it recorded that they couldn't even touch it?

Wasn't it their primary duty to dress and keep the Garden? (Gen. 2:15)

Now I admit, Adam could have told her that, but I personally doubt it.

Now the best explanation I've read is the one Arthur Pink supplies.

Adam and Christ are contrasted. Adam, became a living soul, while the second Adam became a "life giving spirit".

You see, when Christ was manifested for us, He already knew evil from the good. Whereas Adam, in his human will, was created "innocent". In other words, Adam was able to be tempted and Christ couldn't.

Here, I quote Arthur Pink:

"In unfallen Adam the will was free, free in both directions, free toward good and free toward evil. Adam was created in a state of innocency, but not in a state of holiness, as is so often assumed and asserted. Adam’s will was therefore in a condition of moral equipoise: that is to say, in Adam there was no constraining bias in him toward either good or evil, and as such, Adam differed radically from all his descendants, as well as from “the Man Christ Jesus.”

So, too, with the Lord Jesus it was far otherwise: He also differed radically from unfallen Adam. The Lord Jesus Christ could not sin because he was “the Holy One of God.” Before he was born into this world it was said to Mary, “The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that Holy Thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God” Luke 1:35. Speaking reverently then, we say, that the will of the Son of Man was not in a condition of moral equipoise, that is, capable of turning toward either good or evil. The will of the Lord Jesus was biased toward that which is good because, side by side with his sinless, holy, perfect humanity, was his eternal Deity."

Arthur W. Pink, The Sovereignty of God, Chapter VII, The Sovereignty of God and Human Will, Pt. 2: The Bondage of the Will

Now, one may suppose that had Adam not sinned, that life he had prior to sinning, would have continued for who knows how long. It could have been a few days, or a few years, but we know that just as "that old serpent" wouldn't leave our Lord alone very long, he would have been back sooner or later to try again.

God Bless

Till all are one.
Also consider that Adam was a picture of Christ. Eve was deceived as we are clearly told in Tim. but Adam wasn’t. Now consider that Adam loved Eve for she came from him. When he saw that she had eaten the fruit he also knew the penalty was death. Adam freely gave himself to die with Eve because he loved his bride. He chose death because of Eve’s sin.

Also consider that Adam, while created innocent, was a brilliant man. He named all of Creation and daily communed with God in the Garden. What delights he must have enjoyed before the Fall. Yet he still, in the face of all he knew and experienced, gave himself for his bride. Now that is Christ as He gave Himself for all He loved.

If you ever want to teach or preach about marriage here it is. Christ giving Himself for His bride. He is not only the reason for marriage but the example of marriage.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet he still, in the face of all he knew and experienced, gave himself for his bride. Now that is Christ as He gave Himself for all He loved.

If you ever want to teach or preach about marriage here it is. Christ giving Himself for His bride. He is not only the reason for marriage but the example of marriage.

You are absolutely right. I had never considered that point.

Excellent!

Thanks brother.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0