USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. embedded in it.

Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. Today's humans belong to Homo sapiens sapiens. Both groups are humans (Homo sapiens). Both have 46 chromosomes though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in real-time (or witnessed-time) history as described in Genesis.
Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time.
What exactly happened before man we do not know. There was nothing that over time turned into man. Science is still looking for that missing link "A missing link would possess the "in-between" evolutionary properties of both the ancestors' original traits and the traits of the evolved descendants, hence showing a clear connection between the two.". There is no such thing.

Gonna have to go by faith or by what man says

Reactions: tonychanyt

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.
Jesus sacrificed Himself for ALL of creation. It was never His plan for animals to devour each other.

Isaiah 11:6 A wolf will reside with a lamb, and a leopard will lie down with a young goat; an ox and a young lion will graze together, as a small child leads them along.

Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time.

People perish when they are blotted out of the Book of life. (Rev 3:5)

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What exactly happened before man we do not know.
We have a lot to study that only God could give us. Fossils and things like that. Trilobites for example. Distant relatives of modern lobsters, horseshoe crabs, and spiders, trilobites swam the planet’s prehistoric seas for 300 million years, from the Lower Cambrian to the end of the Permian eras―and they did so very capably. Trilobite fossils have been unearthed on every continent, with more than 20,000 species identified by science.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟87,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus sacrificed Himself for ALL of creation. It was never His plan for animals to devour each other.
Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
Genesis 1 29 Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every seed-bearing plant on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit contains seed. They will be yours for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth and every bird of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth—everything that has the breath of life in it—I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so

"I now give you" means a change from God's original plan in Genesis 1. John Wesley had some interesting teachings on the resurrection. He believed God well resurrect our actual bodies. So if a lion ate us, it would be impossible for our elements to be changed into a lion. Only our stored energy.

The word thing is not in the Bible. The word in Genesis 9 3 is the word crawls in Genesis 1 9. There seems to be a distinction between: "every beast of the earth" (all) and "every creature that crawls upon the earth".

The distinction between "beasts" and "creeping creatures" suggests a differentiation based on the way these creatures move or inhabit their environment. The term "beasts" is more inclusive and encompasses a broader range of land-dwelling animals, while "creeping creatures" refers to those animals that move by crawling or creeping.

I follow the Bible. If God says not to eat it, then I do not eat it. If God says it is ok in one part of the Bible and not ok in another, then we have a contradiction. I do not believe there are any contradictions in the Bible.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟87,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I follow the Bible. If God says not to eat it, then I do not eat it. If God says it is ok in one part of the Bible and not ok in another, then we have a contradiction. I do not believe there are any contradictions in the Bible.
Gen 1 was a covenant with Adam.
Gen 9 was with Noah.
They were two different covenants with a span of many centuries between them.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Gen 1 was a covenant with Adam.
Gen 9 was with Noah.
They were two different covenants with a span of many centuries between them.
I am not really up on covenant theology. I just pointed out that the word "everything." Actually means רֶ֥מֶשׂ in Hebrew. God does not use the word "it" and He does not use the word "thing". In Hebrew the word is all. Not all animals but all that creeps on the ground.

כָּל־
kāl-

Genesis 1:25
HEB: וְאֵ֛ת כָּל־ רֶ֥מֶשׂ הָֽאֲדָמָ֖ה לְמִינֵ֑הוּ
NAS: and everything that creeps on the ground
KJV: after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth
INT: their kind and everything creeps the ground kind

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟87,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not really up on covenant theology. I just pointed out that the word "everything." Actually means רֶ֥מֶשׂ in Hebrew. God does not use the word "it" and He does not use the word "thing". In Hebrew the word is all. Not all animals but all that creeps on the ground.

כָּל־
kāl-

Genesis 1:25
HEB: וְאֵ֛ת כָּל־ רֶ֥מֶשׂ הָֽאֲדָמָ֖ה לְמִינֵ֑הוּ
NAS: and everything that creeps on the ground
KJV: after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth
INT: their kind and everything creeps the ground kind

What about Genesis 9:3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟919,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. embedded in it.

Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. Today's humans belong to Homo sapiens sapiens. Both groups are humans (Homo sapiens). Both have 46 chromosomes though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in real-time (or witnessed-time) history as described in Genesis.
Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time.
Moses was not there to witness either day 1 or day 6. On day one there is no atmosphere, on day 6 mankind is created. Where Adam and Eve are the first humans on the planet. The only way Moses saw the 7 literal days of creation week is that God showed it to him in a vision.

Ex 20:11 makes the Gen 2:1-3 creation week a literal week of time the same as the week at Sinai.

If some humans existed before there were plants, or the sun or our atmosphere I am not aware of it.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Where Adam and Eve are the first humans on the planet.
Adam and Eve were the first to have the breath of life. They were the beginning of civilization. Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul".

As we see with cheddar man the remains of people before Adam and Eve are very much alike with those that came after Adam and Eve.

page.jpg

Reactions: tonychanyt

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟919,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve were the first to have the breath of life. They were the beginning of civilization. Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul".

As we see with cheddar man the remains of people before Adam and Eve are very much alike with those that came after Adam and Eve.

View attachment 332982
IT is a rather well accepted principle that no humans existed before our atmosphere, -- (which is created on day 2), or plants (created on day 3)

That only leaves Adam and Eve as the first humans.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟894,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Isaiah 11:6 A wolf will reside with a lamb, and a leopard will lie down with a young goat; an ox and a young lion will graze together, as a small child leads them along.

Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time.

I think the term blotting them out is just a figure of speech, the book of life was written before creation according to God’s foreknowledge of who would come to Christ and abide in Him. The reason I say this is because the choices we make now determine what God foresaw before creation. So He was basically telling them that if they repent their name will be in the book of life, if they don’t their name won’t be in it. The book of life won’t be altered if it was written before creation according to God’s foreknowledge.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟894,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nothing happens that is not according to God’s plan. The fall was always part of the plan, like I said the book of life was written before creation. If the fall was not part of the plan then everyone’s name would’ve been written in it but because it was written according to His foreknowledge, which is the only way it could be written before anyone existed, only those who would abide in Christ were written in it. So animals eating each other was always part of the plan, Adam & Eve eating from the tree of knowledge was always part of the plan, Judas betraying Jesus was always part of the plan, me having to work today on the 4th of July was always part of the plan. The only things that aren’t part of His plan are things that will never happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟894,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1 29 Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every seed-bearing plant on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit contains seed. They will be yours for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth and every bird of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth—everything that has the breath of life in it—I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so

"I now give you" means a change from God's original plan in Genesis 1. John Wesley had some interesting teachings on the resurrection. He believed God well resurrect our actual bodies. So if a lion ate us, it would be impossible for our elements to be changed into a lion. Only our stored energy.

The word thing is not in the Bible. The word in Genesis 9 3 is the word crawls in Genesis 1 9. There seems to be a distinction between: "every beast of the earth" (all) and "every creature that crawls upon the earth".

The distinction between "beasts" and "creeping creatures" suggests a differentiation based on the way these creatures move or inhabit their environment. The term "beasts" is more inclusive and encompasses a broader range of land-dwelling animals, while "creeping creatures" refers to those animals that move by crawling or creeping.

It was a change in His commandments for that particular time, not a change in His plan. He omniscient and omnipresent, He doesn’t make a plan then change it. The change in His commandments was always part of the original plan.

Upvote 0