Visit site
✟83,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I should preamble this by saying that the following is all my speculation.

From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc., embedded in it. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis became extinct around 40,000 years ago. Homo sapiens sapiens replaced them. The unusual fact is that of all the dozens of homo (human) species that existed, home sapiens (sapiens) is the only one surviving today.

Today's humans, Adam, Eve, and so on, anatomically belong to Homo sapiens. Both Neanderthals and we have 46 chromosomes, though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time; as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell. The last ice age maximum happened about 20,000 years ago. That's before Adam and Eve. The difference between the (space-time) homo sapiens and the descendants of Adam and Eve is that the latter are capable of languages with advanced complex grammar.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in witnessed-time as described in Genesis. Acts 17:

26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time. Both are real. Scientists found 46,000-year-old roundworms alive beneath the Arctic ice.

Near the end of the last deglaciation, around 13,000 years ago, Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden, and they entered the backdrop of the Neolithic Age of Mesopotamia. Physical evidence indicates that farming started around 12,000 years ago and humans domesticated sheep around 10,000 years ago. Cain was a farmer. Abel was a shepherd.

Was there evidence of deaths before Adam and Eve sinned?

From the point of view of witnessd-time, no. From the point of view of space-time, probably yes, or else God could have done the embedding after he cursed the ground. In either case, there was no evidence of deaths in the Garden of Eden before they sinned.

See also How old is the earth?.

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. embedded in it.

Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. Today's humans belong to Homo sapiens sapiens. Both groups are humans (Homo sapiens). Both have 46 chromosomes though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in real-time (or witnessed-time) history as described in Genesis.
Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time.

Which one of those is an article of the Christian faith?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. embedded in it.

Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. Today's humans belong to Homo sapiens sapiens. Both groups are humans (Homo sapiens). Both have 46 chromosomes though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in real-time (or witnessed-time) history as described in Genesis.
Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time.
Personally I believe in a literal 6 day creation.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What is "witnessed-time"? You used it as some counter part of the term from physics - "space-time", why?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis.

I believe human beings came before Neanderthals.

Neanderthals were people who were judged with a loathsome disease.

Deuteronomy 28:59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.

Read Psalm 38, where David is evidently struck down by one; and note specifically David complaining about his bones.

Psalm 38:6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord is omnipresent, right? That not only means everywhere but at every time also. So the Lord is at, forming Adam out of dirt from the ground right now.

Ok imagine a ballon that when blown up (spacetime-expansion) contains in it the entirety of the Lords creation. The heavens and the earth. We know that Einstein figured out that space is expanding at the same rate as time.. So at the moment of creation boom the universe comes into view and all the planets and stuff. It is at this point that time began I think. This would be when the universe started expanding. You still with me? Good.

Now, imagine the Lord at the dawn of creation looks forward into time...Does He have the same view that we do? No because we are on a lineal path so when we look back into time (Lol) we are looking through the expansion of spacetime and that's bound to make us thrown off enough to think, wow 13.5 Billion years ago...when from Jesus perspective, looking forward it's only been a little over 6 thousand years, or 6 days for the Lord and Heaven.

I have heard people say that there is no time in Heaven, and I don't get that. Elsewise there would be no yesterday, today, or tomorrow in Heaven. Scripture talks about all those so there has to be some form of time.
If 1000 years is one day and there is a 6 day work week, then every 7000 years, we get 1000 years off in Heaven?! lol. Sounds good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I believe in a literal 6 day creation.

Me too. But I also believe that the neanderthals could have been the first copycat human bodies that the enemy wanted to clone bodies for all of the disembodied spirits that were still on earth after the flood. Thats why they're not so great.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Me too. But I also believe that the neanderthals could have been the first copycat human bodies that the enemy wanted to clone bodies for all of the disembodied spirits that were still on earth after the flood. Thats why they're not so great.
Interesting theory. I just thought they might’ve been a different race that went extinct or maybe they encountered birth defects as a result of becoming in contact with something toxic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Deuteronomy 28:59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.

Read Psalm 38, where David is evidently struck down by one; and note specifically David complaining about his bones.

Psalm 38:6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

I disagree....Neanderthals were the ones who chose betamax and paid the price!

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The word "Neanderthals" are not in those verses. I prefer to stick to the words of the Bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The word "Neanderthals" are not in those verses.

I know.

Science has a nasty habit of mislabeling things, and changing terms in the Bible to suit their agenda.

Like changing "babe in the womb" to "fetus."

I prefer to stick to the words of the Bible.

Same here, my friend.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know.

Science has a nasty habit of mislabeling things, and changing terms in the Bible to suit their agenda.
Are you saying that all the scientists in the world should follow your definition of Neanderthals from the Bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you saying that all the scientists in the world should follow your definition of Neanderthals from the Bible?

It would be nice if they would agree with at least the first half of my description:

That they were human beings.

Human beings that came before [what they call] Neanderthals.

Using the Godless language of evolution, Homo sapiens neanderthalensis are the same kind as Homo sapiens sapiens, and came after Homo sapiens sapiens, not before them.

Homo sapiens neanderthalensis is a mislabeled Homo sapiens sapiens.

Would you call a generation of Thalidomide children Homo sapiens thalidomus?

Of course not.

Thalidomide children are human beings that were struck down by a ... well ... let's call it a "loathsome disease" and let it go at that.

Only they didn't come from God.

They came from ... well ... scientists.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scientists do not insist that you or any Christians follow their scientific definitions.

Unless it's on the test, right?

Then you'd better answer correctly, or else.

In addition, what are the chances of getting a job in a scientific setting?

May I ask what your area of science is in?

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0