Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Elsewhere in CF the discussion of Adam is that he was the first man to recieve a soul. But He was not necessarily the only man to show up on the earth, that other men came during the evolutionary process.

Was Adam created as an orginal or from evolution?

If Adam was the product of evolution, and the first to recieve a "soul", what happen to the non-soul men and women that evoluted outside of Adam and Eve?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lynn73

Jesus' lamb
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PastorSherm said:
I see...well I believe Adam was created then.
As do I, just as the Bible says. However, I have heard the theory of there being a pre-Adamic race but I don't know much about that. I do believe that anything or anyone that was ever here was created by God. For what reasons, I don't know and whether they had souls, I don't know. It's way beyond my knowledge, especially since I wasn't here. :)

Upvote 0

PastorSherm

Aug 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lynn73 said:
As do I, just as the Bible says. However, I have heard the theory of there being a pre-Adamic race but I don't know much about that. I do believe that anything or anyone that was ever here was created by God. For what reasons, I don't know and whether they had souls, I don't know. It's way beyond my knowledge, especially since I wasn't here. :)
Lynn, could you point out where in Genesis I could find the verse about the pre Adamic race? I'm not seeing it anywhere. ;)

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
PastorSherm said:
Lynn, could you point out where in Genesis I could find the verse about the pre Adamic race? I'm not seeing it anywhere. ;)
IF there were pre-adam men, did they have souls? Probably not, since Adam is the first man, per God's word. So what happen to all they guys walking around without a soul? Also how long did these guys stick around?

Where there soul-men and non soul-men?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
abednego said:
You mean who feel that there were others who just evoluted? What true christian would think that? is that what your saying?
Yes; there are lots of Christians who attempt to reconcile all the extra people that comes with the evolution price tag, with the one-man one-vote that comes with the Bible.

Upvote 0

PastorSherm

Aug 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
gtsecc said:
I have always believed in evolution.
I would imagine a huge percentage of Christians do also.
I have never found conflict in science or Christianity.

I don't think a huge percentage of Christians do think that. Polls taken on the subject show otherwise. I am somewhat familiar with thiestic evolution. Thiestic Evolution tends to portray God as being very limited. It makes him seem to only be able to create life through a process that took hundreds of millions of years. Our God is the all powerful creator of the universe and everything in it. He could of just created everything in a second with only a thought. It seems to me people who believe in thiestic evolution, believe in a very limited not all powerful God..just my opinion.
What matters to me is a person's relationship with Jesus Christ...however to those who question the book of Genesis and believe it to be just a story..that can become very very dangerous. If you question that...then you could very well start questioning other things in the Bible. I believe in Creation in the Biblical sense, not creation through evolution. Is the six days a literal six days or not? That is not important to me. We humans are pesky little creations..we need to know the answers to everything. Me personally I don't need to know the hows of God's creation...I'm just happy being still and knowing that he is God.

Upvote 0

julian the apostate

rule byzantium
Jun 2, 2004
✟1,678.00
Faith
Anglican
pastor sherm<<I don't think a huge percentage of Christians do think that. Polls taken on the subject show otherwise. I am somewhat familiar with thiestic evolution

most christians are quite comfortable with evolution

it is not a test of faith either way however, to make it so is a heresy

Upvote 0

Singing Bush

Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
PastorSherm said:
What matters to me is a person's relationship with Jesus Christ...
And rightfully so, in my opinion, brother. Hopefully neither of us loose sight of this.

PastorSherm said:
however to those who question the book of Genesis and believe it to be just a story..that can become very very dangerous. If you question that...then you could very well start questioning other things in the Bible.
Here I must disagree some. I imagine most TEs, myself included, theoretically interpret scripture in many of the same ways you theoretically do. We don't question the veracity of the Bible, just what kind of truth it is supposed to be providing us w/. Not all truths must be factual scientifically or historically to be truths spiritually.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.