✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:23 Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh;

Genesis 29:14 Laban said to him, Surely thou art my bone and my flesh.

In Genesis 29 we see that they are related, they are flesh and blood. In Genesis 2 we see that Adam and Eve are related, they are flesh and blood but there is a strong emphasis on them being male and female. As we read in Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 5:2

My question is: Were Adam and Eve brother and sister the same as Abraham and Sarah were half brother and sister? So that they shared the same mtDNA. A man carries an X chromosome for a woman. Women carry the mitochondrial for the man.

There is strong evidence in the DNA that Adam and Eve did evolve. Even many people believe the male and female in Genesis 1:28 is the same as we find in Genesis 2:23

Not only does the man get the mtDNA from the mother, he also gets the X chromosome from his mother. Brothers and sisters share their mother's X chromosome and their mother's mtDNA.

Did Adam/Eve have any mutations? Did God create Adam to look like he did not evolve?

Last edited:

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In Genesis 29 we see that they are related, they are flesh and blood. In Genesis 2 we see that Adam and Eve are related, they are flesh and blood but there is a strong emphasis on them being male and female. As we read in Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 5:2

My question is: Were Adam and Eve brother and sister the same as Abraham and Sarah were half brother and sister? So that they shared the same mtDNA. A man carries an X chromosome for a woman. Women carry the mitochondrial for the man.

There is strong evidence in the DNA that Adam and Eve did evolve. Even many people believe the male and female in Genesis 1:28 is the same as we find in Genesis 2:23

Not only does the man get the mtDNA from the mother, he also gets the X chromosome from his mother. Brothers and sisters share their mother's X chromosome and their mother's mtDNA.

Did Adam/Eve have any mutations? Did God create Adam to look like he did not evolve?
I have come to believe these are two different "creation" events.
Earth-man evolved from the "beasts" of Gen 1 day 6 and were subsequently "made" into the image of the gods.
God-man (Adam and Eve) were created in Gen 2 in the Garden of Eden.
The children of Adam and Eve crossed with the earth-men of Gen 1.
All mutations and physical anomalies came from the "earth men." Also the alteration of DNA by the fallen angels before the flood caused many physical and DNA problems. I also think the DNA of giants is still inactive in our DNA. I think science will fool around with our DNA and possibly reactivate this DNA. We have a saying. If a thing is possible, someone somewhere is doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,992.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My question is, "Were Adam and Eve brother and sister, the same as Abraham and Sarah were half brother and sister?"

It's not impossible, but I don't see any reason to suppose they were. I mean, I could believe it—but, apart from sufficient evidence, I don't.

[Perhaps] they shared the same mitochondrial DNA. A man carries an X chromosome for a woman. Women carry the mitochondrial for the man. ... Not only does the man get the mtDNA from the mother, he also gets the X chromosome from his mother. Brothers and sisters share their mother's X chromosome and their mother's mtDNA.

I don't know what any of that was supposed to mean. Men and women have two sex chromosomes, the former have one X and one Y chromosome while the latter have two X chromosomes. And, yes, mitochondrial DNA traces a person's matrilineal ancestry. What I don't understand is what any of this has to do with Adam and Eve or their potential biological relatedness.

There is strong evidence in the DNA that Adam and Eve did evolve.

Evolution happens at the level of populations, not individual persons, and over geological ages, not in a single lifespan. In other words, (a) humans evolved, (b) Adam and Eve did not. It would be more accurate to say, "There is strong evidence in our DNA that humans, including Adam and Eve, are the product of evolution."

Did Adam or Eve have any mutations?

I think that would depend on whether Adam and Eve were born or created de novo by God as adults. I am inclined to believe they were born, so my answer would be, "Yes, I assume so."

Did God create Adam to look like he did not evolve?

Again, evolution happens at the level of populations, not individual persons. Humans look like they evolved, and Adam was a human. All of life exhibits a consistent pattern of evolutionary history.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Evolution happens at the level of populations,
Bryan Sykes wrote a book called "The Seven Daughters of Eve" One of these "daughters" was "Jasmine". I believe this was Eve in our Bible. Sykes book was based on Science research and I think this shows what we read in our Bible is true and Eve was a real person.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am inclined to believe they were born, so my answer would be, "Yes, I assume so."
I think there is a cycle of life. We carry the DNA of ever species that evolved to become human. Adam and Eve is just as much a part of this cycle.

Neil Degrasse says: I want [upon death] to be buried, just like in the old days, where I decompose by the action of microorganisms, and I am dined upon by any form of creeping animal or root system that sees fit to do so.… I will have recycled back to the universe at least some of the energy that I have taken from it. And in so doing, at the conclusion of my scientific adventures, I will have come closer to the heavens than to Earth.

Of course he does not believe in a resurrection. Where are physical body will be restore. But he does understand the cycle of life to some degree from his own perspective .

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Being siblings requires having the same mother and father. Since neither of them were a fetalized egg that developed in a womb, they were basically one of a kind proto-humans. As far as flesh of flesh goes, take into consideration blood donors, organ donors, and bone marrow donors. In cases like that the donor can say to the recipient, you are flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone.

Upvote 0

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,992.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Bryan Sykes wrote a book called "The Seven Daughters of Eve" One of these "daughters" was "Jasmine". I believe this was Eve in our Bible. Sykes book was based on Science research and I think this shows what we read in our Bible is true and Eve was a real person.
This so-called Jasmine lived too long ago. Adam and Eve lived somewhere around 6,000 years ago, whereas Jasmine lived roughly 45,000 years ago, or eight times further back in history. Animal domestication, for example, didn't happen until maybe 12,000 years ago; since Adam and Eve and their family experienced such things, that puts a limit on how far back in history you can put them.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This so-called Jasmine lived too long ago. Adam and Eve lived somewhere around 6,000 years ago, whereas Jasmine lived roughly 45,000 years ago, or eight times further back in history. Animal domestication, for example, didn't happen until maybe 12,000 years ago; since Adam and Eve and their family experienced such things, that puts a limit on how far back in history you can put them.
Yes, Eve lived 6,000 years ago so Eve in the Bible would be a more recent subclade of that group. The most important part is Mary. I would love to see the conversation Mary and Eve had when they first met each other. Both Matthew and Luke give us the genealogy from Adam and Eve to Mary. Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."

Although lots of famous people are in the J Haplotype group.
Domestic animals were on the Ark, so there had to have been a bottleneck there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,992.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yes, Eve lived 6,000 years ago, so Eve in the Bible would be a more recent subclade of that group.

You are now contradicting yourself. You said (here), "I believe [Jasmine] was Eve in our Bible." Given that they were separated by 40,000 years, Jasmine was not the Eve from Scripture.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You are now contradicting yourself.
We are trying to get at the truth. We were not all blessed with all wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Some of us have to put some effort into being set free from ignorance, corruption, and the bondage of the enemy. Others do not seem to care if they are being lead off to the slaughter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

No matter what anyone believes, even if someone is an atheist who believes it just happened and evolved there had to be a starting point to human life and whether it came from a single cell, dust, rip, star dust.. it has to be open to thought that it is probable the first man and woman or the first humans where related.

There is no one who can give a factual answer to your last question. I personally think when creation happened we had different bodies that where likely spiritual with no actual flesh that we have now. Our bodies have features in them that are convenient to survival and adaptation to our environment which would be rather redundant to create in a world where survival wasn't necessary.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
there had to be a starting point to human life and whether it came from a single cell, dust, rip, star dust..
Life begins at conception when we receive our DNA that unites us with every human that ever lived and gives us our gifts talents and abilities. From there we learn that God breathes life into us. "neshmat chayim" (נִשְׁמַת חַיִּים), which can be translated as "breath of life" or "spirit of life."

"Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." (Genesis 2:7, NIV)

You have to have a time AND a place in order to exist. If you want to meet someone you have to know when and where. Both people have to be at the same time and the same place.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. And trying to get at the truth includes acknowledging errors, in my opinion.
Acknowledging errors and being willing to learn from them is an important part of seeking the truth and growing as a person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You are now contradicting yourself. You said (here), "I believe [Jasmine] was Eve in our Bible." Given that they were separated by 40,000 years, Jasmine was not the Eve from Scripture.
Yes, I should have made myself more clear that Eve in the Bible was descended from a Haplotype that you say lived 40,000 years ago and is common for "Jewish" people.

According to genetic studies, most recent common ancestor( MRCA) is could have lived around 2,000 year ago. So I am talking about two different things if that is what you mean by a "contradiction'.

Now we have AI to sort though this for us. There is more information than we can sort through ourselves.Or if we could it would take a lot of time.

Haplogroup J is a genetic lineage defined by a particular set of genetic markers on the Y chromosome, which is inherited paternally. Haplogroup J is found at high frequencies in populations from the Middle East, North Africa, and southern Europe. While some Jewish populations, such as the Cohanim, have a higher frequency of haplogroup J than the general population, haplogroup J is not specific to Jewish populations and is found in many non-Jewish populations as well.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's not impossible,
Which means it is possible that the Bible is 100% accurate & true and that it can be verified with science. There is overwhelming evidence that the Bible is true.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Life begins at conception when we receive our DNA that unites us with every human that ever lived and gives us our gifts talents and abilities.
Sure. Now.. I don't think the first people had actual fathers and mothers to do that though, right?

Upvote 0