Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

Golly jeepers, who'da thunk it?

PeterNY

Oct 28, 2011
✟7,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The source wouldn't happen to be Andrew Breitbart would it? XD

Even better. Unnamed source who in no way is trying to spread malicious rumors or slander ACORN. I love the weekly Fox News piece on how yet another unnamed source knows for certain how evil ACORN is.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even better. Unnamed source who in no way is trying to spread malicious rumors or slander ACORN. I love the weekly Fox News piece on how yet another unnamed source knows for certain how evil ACORN is.

Are those the same unnamed sources that accused Herman Cain of having been accused of sexual harassment?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Articles like that are going to tarnish Fox's reputation as a serious news organz... heheheh I just couldn't finsh that sentence without losing it, sorry gang.

What part of the article differs from the methods used by other news propagandists like Politico,Cnn, NY TImes etc.. All use the "unnamed sources" and "sources close to". All have editorialized "news reports" using connotative language and misleading headlines to influence the way people view the few facts that are actually provided. Is it simply that they are not a liberal propaganda source?

Upvote 0

PeterNY

Oct 28, 2011
✟7,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Are those the same unnamed sources that accused Herman Cain of having been accused of sexual harassment?

Someone did tip off the news agencies about Cain, and I'd love to find out who exactly it was, especially since Cain has been making steady gains lately.
But the story differs there. In this case, it's just baseless accusations that have been said about ACORN time and time again. Cain has admitted something has been up since there was actual evidence in the form of settling out of court.

To add: It's really unfortunate just how much "unnamed sources" and "sources close to" have been finding their way in news. In no way they belong in serious news reports, but that's 24/7 news for you, sadly.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NYCC responds:

Fox News is trying to discredit Occupy Wall Street. New York Communities for Change is a new organization that fights for low- and moderate-income families. We don't pay protesters and any monies raised by NYCC's canvass are used in support of our ongoing issue campaigns. Period.

The reality is that Occupy Wall Street is an organic movement of the 99% outraged at the ability of the 1% to corrupt America's political and financial systems for personal gain while middle class families lose their jobs, their homes, and see their economic future devastated. We call on Fox News to stop its unseemly attacks and to respect the views of the overwhelming majority of Americans who believe that our nation needs a more equitable distribution of wealth.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Articles like that are going to tarnish Fox's reputation as a serious news organz... heheheh I just couldn't finsh that sentence without losing it, sorry gang.

That's okay; I have the same reaction when it comes to MSNBC. :) They're about on the same level as Weekly World News or the National Enquirer.

When I see one of their feverish headlines, it always reminds of those headlines like "Gigantic Outer Space Centipede Weds Two-Headed Elvis Clone in Hitler's Bunker! Evidence Of Secret Ceremony Shocks Discoverers!" :D

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's okay; I have the same reaction when it comes to MSNBC. :) They're about on the same level as Weekly World News or the National Enquirer.

When I see one of their feverish headlines, it always reminds of those headlines like "Gigantic Outer Space Centipede Weds Two-Headed Elvis Clone in Hitler's Bunker! Evidence Of Secret Ceremony Shocks Discoverers!" :D
...on the other hand, supermarket checkout line magazines are quite invaluable resources for the Men In Black. :)

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NYCC responds:
Fox News is trying to discredit Occupy Wall Street. New York Communities for Change is a new organization that fights for low- and moderate-income families. We don't pay protesters and any monies raised by NYCC's canvass are used in support of our ongoing issue campaigns. Period.

The reality is that Occupy Wall Street is an organic movement of the 99% outraged at the ability of the 1% to corrupt America's political and financial systems for personal gain while middle class families lose their jobs, their homes, and see their economic future devastated. We call on Fox News to stop its unseemly attacks and to respect the views of the overwhelming majority of Americans who believe that our nation needs a more equitable distribution of wealth.
Nonsense. Fox News has no need to discredit Occupy Wall Street. They're doing a wonderful job of that all by their lonesomes.

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL - And if ACORN is playing an active role behind the scenes, it stands to reason the White House is playing an active role behind them.

Occupy [fill in the blank] is Obama's baby, all the way.

Upvote 0
M

MattRose

What part of the article differs from the methods used by other news propagandists like Politico,Cnn, NY TImes etc.. All use the "unnamed sources" and "sources close to". All have editorialized "news reports" using connotative language and misleading headlines to influence the way people view the few facts that are actually provided. Is it simply that they are not a liberal propaganda source?
Here's why Fox's articles differ http://www.christianforums.com/t7571924/
By the way, near the end of that discussion I think I heard one of the pro-Foxers cursing your name in his dying breath. Where were you GraspingTAW? They needed you and you didn't help them defend Fox. It really was a massacre in there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nonsense. Fox News has no need to discredit Occupy Wall Street. They're doing a wonderful job of that all by their lonesomes.
Have you known Fox to forgo a target simply because it was easy?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...on the other hand, supermarket checkout line magazines are quite invaluable resources for the Men In Black. :)

LOL. Oddly enough, today I saw "Men In Black II" for the first time (picked up the VCR tape at Goodwill for a buck....brand new, never been opened).

It was okay; had it's moments, but it was nowhere near as good as the first one. And I hear they're coming out with a third soon. (shrug)

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

Probably Fox News, since ACORN no longer exists... :doh:

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Oddly enough, today I saw "Men In Black II" for the first time (picked up the VCR tape at Goodwill for a buck....brand new, never been opened).

It was okay; had it's moments, but it was nowhere near as good as the first one. And I hear they're coming out with a third soon. (shrug)
MIB III? Hmmm, yeah, I sort of feel a shrug coming on myself, but I'll probably watch it anyway, though definitely after it leaves the theaters.

Oh yeah, and hire an interior decorator to come in here quick cause.....Damn!
-Agent J
...one of the best lines I've ever heard. :)

Upvote 0