Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I think this is my first poll to post. I've seen it posted time and time again about people that have chosen to abstain (this isn't a debate) and those that are still a virgin. I want to say congratulations:thumbsup: to those that have, this isn't a pat on the back or something to make others feel higher....but I know it can be hard and hard choice (no pun intended,:D sorry) for some and others a depressing thought.

So if you could, please post your vote for how long you've abstained, those that don't think premaritial sex is wrong please don't post....for the sake of keeping peace on this one.

Also you don't need to leave your name, I don't want this to be taken as bragging, but a good census for those that come here to singles foru.ms.

If you'd like to post, please keep it positive and upbeat. Some verses that maybe encourage others in their leading to abstain before marriage.

Reactions: ido

RonnyRulz

Oct 19, 2006
✟3,325.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I find it easy to abstain when girls run away when you try to talk to them.

lol jk, that only happened ONCE....lol

No really, it did happen once. I talked to this girl and tried to share some "intelligent" psychology stuff, and she was so dumb she got confused/dumbfounded, said "Oh yea I've done a test once, I'm personality color blue!" and slowly walked away.

Lucky for her though, cause after she said that, I wanted to be the one who slowly walked away, LOL.

But yea, most girls I meet rather aren't christian (wait...I don't meet them, lol) or they goto the churches I go to, and both churches treat guys like they have cooties, so I only talk to like two of them, and one is married.

So it's easy to abstain when you dont meet many girls :p
But I'd abstain even if I met a lot of them. Sex is way overrated.
Not to mention the fact it takes a lot for me to be attracted to a girl- a real relationship with the Holy Spirit, Jesus, and the Father.
If the girl doesn't have that, they aren't very attractive, and really it's very very VERY hard to find, even amongst friends (Male, female, young, old). Let alone a young female who is also single and interesting.

Edit: Wait, I take that back. Only girls my age run away from me. (lol, jk, I swear they only ran away ONCE! or maybe twice!.... or maybe at MOST three times!) There are a TON of girls that are 14-16 that are all over me at the youth and who absolutely adore me. Of course, they are little girls, not young women, so it doesn't count. Plus young girls flirt with everyone, so it doesn't count.

Man, life is so unfair. The only girls that are cool and show interest in me are the ones who are too young to date. Boo!
But that's okay, I'm absolutely fine with abstaining from everything- sex and even just relationships. It just gives me more time to work on myself so when the day does come to find someone (and later sex-it-up) I'll be a better person in every way.

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟44,079.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm a nerd(wait, nerds are intelligent..) Geek, and I'm kinda asexual..(Don't want or care for sex..) So it's pretty easy for me to abstain. It's not hard to wait for marriage, it's nothing compared to the suffering that others have to go through for Christ. Worries such as that are annoying to me..

Upvote 0

RonnyRulz

Oct 19, 2006
✟3,325.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I'm a nerd(wait, nerds are intelligent..) Geek, and I'm kinda asexual..(Don't want or care for sex..) So it's pretty easy for me to abstain. It's not hard to wait for marriage, it's nothing compared to the suffering that others have to go through for Christ. Worries such as that are annoying to me..
Maybe that's why girls run away from me- cause I'm a nerd ^_^

Well, if you were a nerd I'd give you the new and improved updated guide, but since you're a geek....hm...

*looks through his pile*

Yea, this'll do.
51ltB6VoluL.jpg

Upvote 0

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe that's why girls run away from me- cause I'm a nerd ^_^

Well, if you were a nerd I'd give you the new and improved updated guide, but since you're a geek....hm...

*looks through his pile*

Yea, this'll do.
51ltB6VoluL.jpg
Outstanding! That is outstanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlohaAquamarine

Aug 5, 2007
Sydney
✟15,498.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have for about 8 years ( since my ex and I broke up and brief periods when were were still together and became Christians within weeks of each other )

For me it's a choice to save that intimacy for the person whom I intend on spending the rest of my life with. I know how hard it was to get over my ex and part of that was the missed intimacy. Abstinance is hard at first, but it's just one thing I can do to show God I love Him and that I trust that He has the best for me planned. That may or may not include marriage & sex.

I think abstinace threatens some people and they act out in different ways to cover up how they really feel about having sex outside of marriage.

But if anyone had sat me down in the first, second or even third year and told me how long it was going to be I would've probably lost the plot with God and married the first guy I could find ! Lol ! ;)

Upvote 0

hope4today

Veteran
May 6, 2005
Perth
✟11,928.00
Faith
Christian
To make the results more fair there should be an option for people who haven't abstained (sorry I study stats at uni, this research wouldn't be acceptable lol)

I agree the results would be acceptable because of lack of controls etc (not that it matters because this is not for empirical research) but I don't agree for the reason you stated. It depends what the intent of the poll is. This one has nothing to do with those who choose not to abstain. It is simply to find out from those who have chosen to abstain, how long they have been abstanant for.

Upvote 0

wizdim10

Studying to be a Botanist (aka a Tree Hugger!!)
Apr 27, 2007
New Zealand
✟8,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, what encouraging poll results. :)

I agree the results would be acceptable because of lack of controls etc (not that it matters because this is not for empirical research) but I don't agree for the reason you stated. It depends what the intent of the poll is. This one has nothing to do with those who choose not to abstain. It is simply to find out from those who have chosen to abstain, how long they have been abstanant for.

Ok sorry, to clear this up once and for all-
When i posted about it not being a fair test, i should have posted a quote along with it (the one at the top of this post). The point I wanted to get across was that while yes these results may look encouraging, that may not be the case since you don't know how many people haven't abstained to compare it to.
Sorry people don't agree with me, I wasn't meaning to upset anyone, it wasn't meant to be taken so seriously.
I am not against abstinance, I am all for it actually.

Hope that has cleared up my meaning for you. :confused:

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To make the results more fair there should be an option for people who haven't abstained (sorry I study stats at uni, this research wouldn't be acceptable lol)
Your able to start your own poll wizdom if you wish, I don't think anyone would mind.

But if anyone had sat me down in the first, second or even third year and told me how long it was going to be I would've probably lost the plot with God and married the first guy I could find ! Lol ! ;)
yeah I'm there with you Aloha. I'm not sure I could have done anything though to find the right guy until I started doing some work in myself though to get myself to a healthy place and that took time.

:thumbsup: well answered.

Keep the votes coming in, this is meant to be an encouragement for those that have chosen to abstain before marriage. There's so many struggling with this area and maybe need some encouragement. Any scripture verses that anyone can think of?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thomas1984

*Expect the Unexpected*
Jun 6, 2006
✟19,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You all need to get laid. ;)

KERI! Tut-Tut.:o :p

Speaking as a red-blooded man, I can't see how anyone can claim that sex is overated! All I know is, I wouldn't be happy living a worldly life, and I do see it as a sign of strength, if a woman has managed to resist that temptation too.

Reactions: Keri
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok sorry, to clear this up once and for all-
When i posted about it not being a fair test, i should have posted a quote along with it (the one at the top of this vote). The point I wanted to get across was that while yes these results may look encouraging, that may not be the case since you don't know how many people haven't abstained to compare it to.
Sorry people don't agree with me, I wasn't meaning to upset anyone, it wasn't meant to be taken so seriously.
I am not against abstinance, I am all for it actually.

Hope that has cleared up my meaning for you. :confused:
wizdom, if you want to post a new poll your more than welcome to. The way you think it would be in the field of academics fair. This is for a select group, mainly those that don't believe in premartial sex. The ones that follow after virgin are the ones who didn't wait but have decided after the fact (for whatever reason, the flesh ,married, wasn't a christian) to abstain. Wizdom, I'll be praying for your upcoming test.

--------------------------------------
PLease, to others posting, if anything lets stick to this thread being for encouragement. No names need to be left again as to if you voted. I don't want others who don't believe the same to take it as a braggin thread. Christ blessing everyone.

Upvote 0

wizdim10

Studying to be a Botanist (aka a Tree Hugger!!)
Apr 27, 2007
New Zealand
✟8,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wizdom, if you want to post a new poll your more than welcome to. The way you think it would be in the field of academics fair. This is for a select group, mainly those that don't believe in premartial sex. The ones that follow after virgin are the ones who didn't wait but have decided after the fact (for whatever reason, the flesh ,married, wasn't a christian) to abstain. Wizdom, I'll be praying for your upcoming test.

--------------------------------------
PLease, to others posting, if anything lets stick to this thread being for encouragement. No names need to be left again as to if you voted. I don't want others who don't believe the same to take it as a braggin thread. Christ blessing everyone.
Thank you Sampa, I like this thread, I wasn't trying to pull it apart or turn it into a debate I was just stating what I felt. But since I cannot explain myself properly I am just going to unsubscribe from it and let it carry on.

Well done everyone in here, you make me proud, and it is very encouraging.

God Bless

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Sampa, I like this thread, I wasn't trying to pull it apart or turn it into a debate I was just stating what I felt. But since I cannot explain myself properly I am just going to unsubscribe from it and let it carry on.

Well done everyone in here, you make me proud, and it is very encouraging.

God Bless
I understand your point wizdom, those in the field of academia might frown on this, but this wasn't designed for a university (which are usually of a liberal bent and anything to go against Christianity)........God bless you wizdom, may your day be blessed, I'm off to work:)

Upvote 0