Absolute Truth/Revelation, Outside of the Bible?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
We know for sure that there is truth and revelation outside of and beyond the Bible. Whether it is knowing the Father's love beyond one's peers, experiencing the blood of Jesus, or the scrolls opened and yet to be opened as in Revelation. And there are near death experiences in the light of life, knowing the words of prophecy from the gift or the anointing, then knowing your own commission... But rarely do they gain universal recognition like the Bible. Nevertheless, later some will.

Does anyone in this forum have such revelation or reject such?

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
We know for sure that there is truth and revelation outside of and beyond the Bible. Whether it is knowing the Father's love beyond one's peers, experiencing the blood of Jesus, or the scrolls opened and yet to be opened as in Revelation. And there are near death experiences in the light of life, knowing the words of prophecy from the gift or the anointing, then knowing your own commission... But rarely do they gain universal recognition like the Bible. Nevertheless, later some will.

Truth is immutable…. experiences are not truths…. they are exceptions that go beyond the truth of the Word but never contradict the Word. What someone experiences with God is not a guarantee for anyone except that person.

Of all the stories I have read about NDE ….. most of it is highly questionable.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Truth is immutable…. experiences are not truths…. they are exceptions that go beyond the truth of the Word but never contradict the Word. What someone experiences with God is not a guarantee for anyone except that person.

Of all the stories I have read about NDE ….. most of it is highly questionable.
I think NDE stories are now a genre that tricksters make up some of. So the best ones are pre 2000.

I think if one really receives the love of God and feasts on it much, and bears the fruit, Gal 5:22 love, kindness, patience, and is compassionate and heals the sick inso, that their understanding is better and they can go beyond the limits of the Bible without contradicting it. At the end, the scroll will be opened by Jesus with knowledge not found in the Bible...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Describe what you mean by absolute truth?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Describe what you mean by absolute truth?
Absolute truth is goes beyond stating a fact. It is true or real with tautology. If a person prophesies your secret thought with a message. You want to test the secret thought with your memories and see if it was a guess. And see if it accords scriptures, or makes you reinterpret or is in discord.

An absolute truth then is a certain truth, it remains true as you discover new things for decades. It stands the test of time and scripture and the subjective. It should give you peace and joy at times. If it a promise from God, it is yes and amen. It is in no way a lie or error.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolute truth is goes beyond stating a fact. It is true or real with tautology. If a person prophesies your secret thought with a message. You want to test the secret thought with your memories and see if it was a guess. And see if it accords scriptures, or makes you reinterpret or is in discord.

An absolute truth then is a certain truth, it remains true as you discover new things for decades. It stands the test of time and scripture and the subjective. It should give you peace and joy at times. If it a promise from God, it is yes and amen. It is in no way a lie or error.
When we base what we hear and see if it accords scripture - that is because Scripture is Absolute Truth.

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
When we base what we hear and see if it accords scripture - that is because Scripture is Absolute Truth.

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
The Spirit of Truth | Derek Prince Ministries

In the spiritual realm, therefore, there are three coordinates of truth: Jesus; the Scripture; and the Holy Spirit. When these components line up, we arrive at truth—absolute truth. It is important to check all of these coordinates in coming to a conclusion. In this regard, there are three questions we must ask concerning any spiritual issue:

1. Does it represent Jesus as He truly is?
  2. Is it in harmony with Scripture?
  3. Does the Holy Spirit bear His witness?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I have had visions and two OBE's If you had your own NDE in keeping with old trends, like the tunnel to a great light, and a being of light who identifies as Jesus, and were asked "do you love me?" And "What have you done for your fellow man?" And saw your whole life again in a review, with full feeling of how your thoughts and actions effected everyone else with the butterfly effect going forty places in. Would this change how you interpret scripture?

And I would consider a NDE with a story about past lives a deception.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,613.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have friends who have had near death experiences decades apart from each other, and they don't know each other. Both were similar and within what I would consider God's character from scripture. They each just had a conversation with God that they can't fully describe and were given the choice to stay with Him or to return here to complete their callings, and given a vision of that calling. In the case of the first one, his wife and children needed him. In the case of the recent one, she was touched by God's infinite nature and wants to share that with everyone she can. Both of those seem to me to align perfectly with scripture's concept of life in the world and life with God.

A related side note: 5 years ago I didn't know anyone I could talk to about touching infinity, now I know more than one. Add to that the extended prayer meetings that have started happening, and I see signs of God doing something beyond description.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The Spirit of Truth | Derek Prince Ministries

In the spiritual realm, therefore, there are three coordinates of truth: Jesus; the Scripture; and the Holy Spirit. When these components line up, we arrive at truth—absolute truth. It is important to check all of these coordinates in coming to a conclusion. In this regard, there are three questions we must ask concerning any spiritual issue:

1. Does it represent Jesus as He truly is?
  2. Is it in harmony with Scripture?
  3. Does the Holy Spirit bear His witness?

GOD is the only absolute in truth. There is nothing more truthful than GOD Himself.

Truth is not just read, it is experienced. Truth becomes a force against evil, when applied by The Holy Spirit. GOD's power operating through you is truth.

There are many different aspects of truth, I'm not sure where you are going with all of this though.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What this means to me is that for example, an NDE based account of predestiny is better than an old school one like Bishop Augustine's, or John Calvin's or Arminius's or Molin's. They all thought that unless a baby was baptized that their fate was uncertain. A belief the RCC dropped by the way.

Instead they enter the light and saved by it. My understanding of the end moments has changed. Salvation and judgments. My old RCC belief was that you had to confess your sins before you died... and Pentecostal preaching taught alike that, that unless you were born again you were no different from a drunk in the gutter, and you could end up in Hell. With the story of a man who angrily complained during a preaching, stormed off and was hit and killed by a carriage...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
A soul can experience God in the light of life in an NDE. And learn things. Many people having the same lessons and deceptions gives some surety, to interpret scripture more experiencially instead of scientifically.

Upvote 0