Dallas
✟897,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What exactly is God's Plan in our life? (Does it even exist?)

If so, how can we know of it? How do we follow it? Is the success of it dependent on our actions? (good and bad decisions)

Is it possible to alter it so that it can suit our specific needs and situation?

I do believe that we are now shaping what God has already foreseen. So I don’t believe we can alter His plan but we are still acting out from our own free will what He has already foreseen.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't do that. Not because I don't want to, it's because I just can't, it's just part of my default personality. I care for family, but that's it. If God could program my hormones to love others, I would willingly ask for it for salvation.

What I said doesn’t mean that by loving one earns salvation. The meaning is, if one has righteous mind, he wants to do right things freely, because understands it is good. And people who want to do right and good, are good for eternal life.

But, why don’t you want to love others? I don’t think it is hormonal issue, it is about right understanding. So, what prevents you to love? Do you think it is not good?

Upvote 0

ACandleInthe Shadows

Mar 28, 2020
Seattle
✟21,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would read the Bible and follow it in daily life. Use its principles in life decisions. But, be active in life. Don't sit around overthinking whether something is "God's will". It can be very dangerous because we can start to self-delude into thinking something is God's will when it's our own personal desires. Don't get sucked in to your own feelings and desired when looking for guidance. Calmly listen to what the Bible says and go on about your business.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I like a quote that I read on here recently that goes something like this, "Read scripture to know God's will. Obey scripture to do God's will."

The Bible truly is basic instructions before leaving earth. Another great resource I would recommend getting is the classic book by Henry Blackaby called "Experiencing God."
The problem is how do people obey? How do you love your neighbour? Many Christians don't even love themselves. How do you forgive everyone whoever hurt you? How do you love God with everything you are and everything you have? Answer: You cannot. If you could, you would not need Jesus. Knowing what to do is not the same as doing it.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can't do that. Not because I don't want to, it's because I just can't, it's just part of my default personality. I care for family, but that's it. If God could program my hormones to love others, I would willingly ask for it for salvation.
God has a very simple remedy for your problem. He kills you and puts Lord Jesus into you to live instead of you. God is not going to change you. When you see and accept this truth, your problems will be over.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I said doesn’t mean that by loving one earns salvation. The meaning is, if one has righteous mind, he wants to do right things freely, because understands it is good. And people who want to do right and good, are good for eternal life.

But, why don’t you want to love others? I don’t think it is hormonal issue, it is about right understanding. So, what prevents you to love? Do you think it is not good?

Perhaps it is just as you said, it is about the right understanding. I don't hate other people, I can do some good to them if it does not dent my resources, but not out of the goodness of my heart or out of love. I'm just doing it perfunctorily as what society expects me to do, and I don't think there's much 'love' involved.

They could live just fine without needing my feelings, so I don't think there is a need to go an extra mile.

I am willing to offer help, but not to the point that I give up my advantages.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps it is just as you said, it is about the right understanding. I don't hate other people, I can do some good to them if it does not dent my resources, but not out of the goodness of my heart or out of love. I'm just doing it perfunctorily as what society expects me to do, and I don't think there's much 'love' involved….

I think it is great thing, if you are honest to yourself. I have understood love means that one cares without conditions. In my case, I feel God has cared me without me deserving it. That is why I am thankful for Him and I also hope His love shines through me, because it is the greatest thing that I know. I think on my own I am nothing good. All resources that I have, I think are because of God, so, even if I would give something, it would be from God actually. I think love is not something that can be done, because someone expects it, because it is caring. If you don’t care of other people, maybe you should think why it is so.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,739,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

If so, how can we know of it? How do we follow it? Is the success of it dependent on our actions? (good and bad decisions)

Is it possible to alter it so that it can suit our specific needs and situation?
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
— Romans 12:1-2

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the old song Chorus

"Your desire is the confirmation the destination is there
God wouldn't put it in your spirit if it wasn't going nowhere
So set your sights on the promises and don't you be scared
For your desire is the confirmation the destination is there"

The simple fact that He cares about the smallest things in our lives that we for the most part never share with Him. The again simple fact that He talks more then ALL the people we know. yeah.. its not Him its us. Think about being with someone 24/7.. and how much do they TALK to you? Anyway..

I truly believe.. no matter what happens.. what He called you to .. even after this life.. you will still do it. :) So.. rejoice...where you are right now.. give Him all the glory and praise right where you are. As it thats the best it will ever be! AWESOME! Praise GOD!
song now.. Mikeschair "All I can do (thank you)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟924,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God knows our future but our future is not necessarily "His plan".

"He came to His OWN and His OWN received Him not" John 1:11
Matthew 23 Christ said "Jerusalem Jerusalem ... how I wanted... but YOU would not"
Isaiah 5:4 "What more was there to do than what I have already done?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bTbRo

Apr 19, 2020
Detroit
✟441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Do you want to know what is God's plan?
You live it
you see it
you feel it

And you ask
what is God's plan?

That is God's plan.

Upvote 0