Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

TheBellman

Aug 28, 2006
✟8,378.00
Faith
Atheist
Well these slides show that an abortion is killing a human. God did command thou shalt not kill. So it would seem abortion is against God and is a sin....................cause it is!
Once again...maybe. But irrelevant to the laws of a nation that's not a theocracy.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I haven't looked at any of the slides because I've seen too many sensationalized photos to last a lifetime. But unless they show the little blob that came out of me at 8 weeks they don't relate to the majority of abortions anyway. If they show a late term abortion of a viable fetus (something you can't know from a slide show) then I wouldn't want to look anyway since I don't support that.

In any case, it has nothing to do at all with being a sin or what God wants since I believe in neither.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,008,102.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GasTank

On The Path----And Still Truckin'!
Nov 5, 2004
Lake Stevens, WA
✟2,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In any case, it has nothing to do at all with being a sin or what God wants since I believe in neither.
You don't believe in sin?

What if I murder some one in cold blood, for no reason at all? Is that sin? And if it is a sin, who am I sinning against? The person? perhaps. But who said I can't murder some one in cold blood for no reason at all? the person? perhaps. But who gave that person the right to make the law for my life? What if my law says it is ok to murder some one in cold blood for no reason.

See where I'm going?

There are things that are wrong in this world. Whether you want to see it or not.

Even if the government had no laws against murder, murder is still a sin. Why? Cause there is a Rule Maker (God) who said that murder is wrong.

If your the god of your own universe and I'm the god of my own universe, and every one else is there own god, then whose to say that the murderers and theifs and rapers are bad, when they to are following their own rules that they've made? See God made rules for this world, and man does not want to follow those rules. Sooooooo man now tries to make his own rules and shut God out, but he will find that God's rules are what he needs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBellman

Aug 28, 2006
✟8,378.00
Faith
Atheist

What if I murder some one in cold blood, for no reason at all? Is that sin? And if it is a sin, who am I sinning against? The person? perhaps. But who said I can't murder some one in cold blood for no reason at all? the person? perhaps. But who gave that person the right to make the law for my life? What if my law says it is ok to murder some one in cold blood for no reason.

See where I'm going?

There are things that are wrong in this world. Whether you want to see it or not.

Even if the government had no laws against murder, murder is still a sin. Why? Cause there is a Rule Maker (God) who said that murder is wrong.

If your the god of your own universe and I'm the god of my own universe, and every one else is there own god, then whose to say that the murderers and theifs and rapers are bad, when they to are following their own rules that they've made? See God made rules for this world, and man does not want to follow those rules. Sooooooo man now tries to make his own rules and shut God out, but he will find that God's rules are what he needs.

That's all very nice for someone who believes in a god...but many of us don't. We can get by quite nicely without any rules claimed to have been set by any god.

Upvote 0

GasTank

Nov 5, 2004
Lake Stevens, WA
✟2,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then those laws that we know we must keep even if the government doesn't say we have too, who made those?

Like murder? We know that is wrong whether the government says it is or not, murder is wrong. But a murderer doesn't think so. Whose to say he isn't right?

But he is.

So who made those rules that stand no matter what the government says?

Upvote 0

TheBellman

Aug 28, 2006
✟8,378.00
Faith
Atheist
Then those laws that we know we must keep even if the government doesn't say we have too, who made those?

Like murder? We know that is wrong whether the government says it is or not, murder is wrong. But a murderer doesn't think so. Whose to say he isn't right?

But he is.

So who made those rules that stand no matter what the government says?
I'm not interested in what the murderer thinks. I don't care if you think murder is wrong, or I think it's wrong, or whatever. It's illegal; that's all that matters.

In short, there are no rules that stand no matter what the government says. There aren't now, and there shouldn't be.

Upvote 0

GasTank

Nov 5, 2004
Lake Stevens, WA
✟2,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not interested in what the murderer thinks. I don't care if you think murder is wrong, or I think it's wrong, or whatever. It's illegal; that's all that matters.

In short, there are no rules that stand no matter what the government says. There aren't now, and there shouldn't be.
So if the law says it IS ok to murder, then you too would think it is ok?

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist
So if the law says it IS ok to murder, then you too would think it is ok?

I would totally murder if it were legal. But then, I think living in society would be pretty rough for everyone. Good thing we invented government and laws to prevent all that.
There, now you understand ethics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
Well these slides show that an abortion is killing a human. God did command thou shalt not kill. So it would seem abortion is against God and is a sin....................cause it is!

So when God commands thou shalt not kill and then commands people to kill is he not contradicting himself?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
God also commands that certain sins be punished by death. It appears "Thou shalt not kill" is ambiguous.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others

See where I'm going?

The law doesn't make certain actions "good" and others "evil." The law makes no moral judgement. The law doesn't claim that murder is a sin. It doesn't state that murderers go to hell. It states simply and explicitly that, "if you are found guilty of murder, you will pay a penalty." That's it.

Laws are designed to protect rights and provide for an orderly society. They are not intended to pass moral judgement.

Upvote 0

Myah

Invoking Wisdom
Dec 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,583.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Abortion has (IMHO) become more of a political issue than an religious one. The majority of people are looking at it more as a women's right to make decisions about her own body against allowing the government to make those decisions for her.

As for myself, I'm pro-choice. However, I don't approve of abortion as a method of birth control, I'd approve because of medical conditions, or rape or incest. I support adoption. But the matter of hell or sin has nothing to do with my considerations. It's a societal issue now, and not as much of a religious one.

Upvote 0