Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nyj
What is with you little snot-nosed brats?  No, I didn't read all 33 darn pages of this thread.  I read the opening page and then I read from my replies onward.  So yes, I missed most of Mallory's little snide remarks and combative and insulting manner.

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. As you call us "snot-nosed brats".

As for you Ms. Mallory, my compromise is not a "total and complete victory" on your part.  Under no conditions is an abortion ever right.  If the taking of a life is wrong in one instance, it is wrong in all instances, though I think that no one would disagree that instances all carry their own particular weight.

You obviously have a hard time getting your mind around the concept that abortions for medical reasons are NON-EXISTANT in this day of advanced medical procedures, which leaves you a minute leg to stand on as it pertains to rape victims.

That is SO NOT TRUE! Women have still life-threatening pregnancies. They're rare, but they're far from "non-existant"

My "compromise" is 100% pro-life because it prohibits 99% of all abortions from the very get-go and the pro-life contingent can easily then direct all efforts are staving off the final 1%.

And why would we want to stave off the final 1% of all abortions?  Because abortion, and all the silly hypothetical situations you want to contrive, is wrong.

Oh, well if it's WRONG, then okay...:rolleyes:

Your compromise was that if I agree that all convenience abortions should be abolished you would agree that abortions in the case of life-threatening pregnancies and rape should be allowed. I agree.

Abortion is always a tragedy, and it's never "right", but that wasn't my question was it? My question, if you even bothered to read it, was "when is it okay"? This whole thread was about "silly hypothetical situations". Maybe you should tell that nine-year-old rape victim what a "silly hypothetical situation" she's in.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Mallory Knox

And if you say life is sacred, how can you jusitfy sacrificing one life for the sake of another? Or risking two lives for the sake of one?

Allow me to quote Alan Guttmacher, a past director of Planned Parenthood:

Today it is possible for almost any patient to be brought through pregnancy alive, unless she suffers from a fatal illness such as cancer or leukemia, and if so, abortion would be unlikely to prolong, much less save life.

There is no 'sacrificing one for another', and if it does exist, it's practically non-existant (and I do not agree that such a condition exists on a moral level). Yes indeed, all life is sacred, so much so that it deserves the utmost respect and consideration at all times. It is our moral obligation to look beyond our own noses and consider the life of the unborn regardless of the circumstances.

Now, as for you Auntie Belle, you were the one who originally brought up the whole age issue. I only replied to you about my age because of the silly comments you yourself made in the effect of "try living life before you say anything". Try to remember the sequence of events regarding our conversation before you start coloring in the events with only your crayons.

Upvote 0
Once again I would ask of ALL of you who are arguing the whole 'rape' and 'danger to life of mother' issue...since that is your stance, would you vote for a law that would leave those abortions legal (with would be LESS THEN 2%) and outlawing all of the convenience abortions, which account for over 98% of ALL performed.

It's funny....most of the pro-baby-killing lobby that I've ever spoken with use that "rape and mother danger" cry as loud as they can as their unilateral excuse....but when confronted with that question.....silence ensues....or the quickest backpaddling you've ever seen.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by SimpleChristian
Once again I would ask of ALL of you who are arguing the whole 'rape' and 'danger to life of mother' issue...since that is your stance, would you vote for a law that would leave those abortions legal (with would be LESS THEN 2%) and outlawing all of the convenience abortions, which account for over 98% of ALL performed.

It's funny....most of the pro-baby-killing lobby that I've ever spoken with use that "rape and mother danger" cry as loud as they can as their unilateral excuse....but when confronted with that question.....silence ensues....or the quickest backpaddling you've ever seen.

YES.

EVERYBODY READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU SHOOT OFF YOUR MOUTH ANYMORE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK I BELIEVE.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by nyj

I only replied to you about my age because of the silly comments you yourself made in the effect of "try living life before you say anything".

Life is a great teacher, nyj.  As people mature, they often change their minds about things.  Even you have admitted changing your mind about abortion issues.  I dare say you will change your mind again, as you mature and aquire WISDOM(hopefully).  My comments are based on my life experience and real life events in my community, not something I read in a textbook or collaborated with colleagues about on my lunch break.  And I would not even be talking to you now, except for the reality that you may hold someones life in your hands one day.  Maybe then you will truely comprehend the value of life, in a real way.   

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um
Life is a great teacher, nyj.  As people mature, they often change their minds about things.  Even you have admitted changing your mind about abortion issues.  I dare say you will change your mind again, as you mature and aquire WISDOM(hopefully).  My comments are based on my life experience and real life events in my community, not something I read in a textbook or collaborated with colleagues about on my lunch break.  And I would not even be talking to you now, except for the reality that you may hold someones life in your hands one day.  Maybe then you will truely comprehend the value of life, in a real way.   

Because you're older, you know better? Please. That's not going to work on anyone.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Even you have admitted changing your mind about abortion issues. I dare say you will change your mind again, as you mature and aquire WISDOM (hopefully).

Your condescending attitude is really starting to get under my skin Ms. Belle. Yes, I changed my opinion on the abortion issue, and I changed it because I adopted what should be the only suitable answer for a Christian... no abortion. Ergo, if I remain a Christian (and I see no reason why I would change my belief system) I will not be changing my stance ever again.

My comments are based on my life experience and real life events in my community, not something I read in a textbook or collaborate with colleagues about on my lunch break.

Ah yes, and I've had no life experience in my days on this earth. Ms. Belle, I would suggest you break out of your little fantasy world, you know, the one where the world revolves around you, and see that you have but one opinion (which is flawed) in a world full of opinions. Then, I would advise you to read your Bible and find the verse which says: Thou shalt not murder, unless it is the unborn life carried within the womb of your nine year old daughter who was raped.

While you're at it, you could also find the verse which reads: I formed you in your mothers womb, except those of you who were conceived through rape.

When you find those verses, you can come back to me and tell me I am wrong. You see, I base my beliefs on the Bible, and the Bible says that life is sacred.

Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um And I would not even be talking to you now, except for the reality that you may hold someones life in your hands one day. Maybe then you will truely comprehend the value of life, in a real way.

Oh Ms. Belle, I do comprehend the value of life. it appears that you are the one who missed the boat on this one.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm done with you and the verbal jousting. If you have anything worthwhile to say to the topic at hand (like some evidence to support your view) and don't feel the need to stoop to personal attacks, feel free to reply to me. Otherwise, just save it because I'm done with you (and I'll ask a moderator to step in and ask you to curb your personal attacks on my faith, my career and my person).

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Mallory, thank you for the thread, but it seems to have turned somewhat personal and is detracting from the subject, I think you got a sufficient amount of opinions and answers, if you need to discuss this further, PM me or post in the "questions about Christianity" forum, the staff will be glad to discuss this with you. :)

I don't want anyone to get into trouble.

I am closing this thread, I believe it has run it's course.

If you want it re opened PM me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.