St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Let me have this one OK Mallory? :D

This compromise should save millions of innocent lives each year. Deal?

Can't you Jesus freaks read????? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stormy
Mallory : OK!! Your stance that abortions should only be performed... in the case of rape and/or extreme health risk to the mother and then only during the first trimester... is a vote to overturn Roe vs Wade!!!

You are pro-life!!!

Mallory's answer!!!!!

Yes. As I have said over and over and over and over again.

We did not talk Mallory into anything. This was her stance all along! :D

Upvote 0
LOL. Thanks Stormy. :D

Yes, nyj, I am very opposed to "convenience abortions". But I am also opposed to the opinion that it is NEVER okay to have an abortion. Your "compromise" is my complete victory. What you agreed to is all I ever wanted anyone to agree to: the answer is never "never".  :p

Upvote 0

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Mallory Knox

That makes no sense. You do not understand an abortion if the woman's life is in danger, but you do understand an abortion if the woman was raped? How does that work?

And as for the second part I AGREE with you. That's all I've been saying all along.

What I was saying is I wouldn't want the baby aborted over a possible death of a mother without every effort taken to save mother and baby...In other words have the mother carry until it is way too risky for the mom and then hopefully the baby will be developed enough to be able to live outside of the womb....Again I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they had to abort for reasons to save their own life.

I understand what your saying Mallory and basically I agree.  I still would say "NEVER" but understand that sometimes there isn't much other option. If you asked when is it okay for a mother to die because she can't abort and caring a baby full term will cause her to die...my answer would be "Never"....its never Ok it is sad....it's a tragic....so although I agree I disagree on the wording...its may be acceptable but Never Ok....Sorry, probably picking with the wording. :)

Love and God Bless,

Messenger

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Stormy
Can't you Jesus freaks read????? :rolleyes:

What is with you little snot-nosed brats?  No, I didn't read all 33 darn pages of this thread.  I read the opening page and then I read from my replies onward.  So yes, I missed most of Mallory's little snide remarks and combative and insulting manner.

As for you Ms. Mallory, my compromise is not a "total and complete victory" on your part.  Under no conditions is an abortion ever right.  If the taking of a life is wrong in one instance, it is wrong in all instances, though I think that no one would disagree that instances all carry their own particular weight.

You obviously have a hard time getting your mind around the concept that abortions for medical reasons are NON-EXISTANT in this day of advanced medical procedures, which leaves you a minute leg to stand on as it pertains to rape victims.

Adoption in those instances is the option.

My "compromise" is 100% pro-life because it prohibits 99% of all abortions from the very get-go and the pro-life contingent can easily then direct all efforts are staving off the final 1%.

And why would we want to stave off the final 1% of all abortions?  Because abortion, and all the silly hypothetical situations you want to contrive, is wrong.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
nyj says
As for you Ms. Mallory, my compromise is not a "total and complete victory" on your part. Under no conditions is an abortion ever right. If the taking of a life is wrong in one instance, it is wrong in all instances, though I think that no one would disagree that instances all carry their own particular weight.

That is your opinion nyj, some would see a raped 9 year old pregnant girl to be a dangerous situation, first the girl may not be able to carry the baby to full term, and the baby and girl may die, IMO a justification for abortion.

If you read the whole thread you would see this has been covered, if you still say never that is your opinion.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by nyj
......abortions for medical reasons are NON-EXISTANT in this day of advanced medical procedures....

This thread has "closed" written all over it, but I hate for a thread to end with a mistaken idea.  nyj, you would be surprised to know that women still have difficult pregnancies in this day and age, sometimes resulting in the necessity of abortion to save the life of the mother. 

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Originally posted by nyj

What is with you little snot-nosed brats?  No, I didn't read all 33 darn pages of this thread.  I read the opening page and then I read from my replies onward.  So yes, I missed most of Mallory's little snide remarks and combative and insulting manner. 

If you didn't read all 33 pages, how do you know Mallorys remarks were snide? Just the ones you saw?

Always read a thread in it's entirety before calling names.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Badfish
That is your opinion nyj, some would see a raped 9 year old pregnant girl to be a dangerous situation, first the girl may not be able to carry the baby to full term, and the baby and girl may die, IMO a justification for abortion.

No one is saying the situation is not tragic Badfish, but commiting evil to correct a prior evil does not result in a good.  That logic is extremely flawed on your part.

Besides, a nine year old girl, under proper medical supervision, which any pro-life group would support financially, emotionally and spiritually, would not be in serious danger of death.

If you read the whole thread you would see this has been covered, if you still say never that is your opinion.

My opinion?  How about God's will?  You recall any verses about God forming us in our mother's wombs?  Does God turn a blind eye to the womb's of potential teenage mothers?

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

This thread has "closed" written all over it, but I hate for a thread to end with a mistaken idea.  nyj, you would be surprised to know that women still have difficult pregnancies in this day and age, sometimes resulting in the necessity of abortion to save the life of the mother. 

Being in the medical field, I am well aware of what goes on within it.  I also know that "difficult pregnancies" that would have had serious implications if allowed to go full-term even ten years ago, are easily managable in this day and age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Besides, a nine year old girl, under proper medical supervision, which any pro-life group would support financially, emotionally and spiritually, would not be in serious danger of death.

Are you a doctor? I wouldn't take that chance with my 9 year old, would you? Many human attrocities happen, is God going to condemn the parents for making a decision for their 9 year old BABYS abortion? I don't think so.

My opinion? How about God's will? You recall any verses about God forming in our mother's wombs? Does God turn a blind eye to the womb's of potential teenage mothers?

The theoretical question is a 9 year old, not a teenager.

No one is saying the situation is not tragic Badfish, but commiting evil to correct a prior evil does not result in a good. That logic is extremely flawed on your part.

Flawed? In your opinion. :)

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Originally posted by nyj

Being in the medical field, I am well aware of what goes on within it.  I also know that "difficult pregnancies" that would have had serious implications if allowed to go full-term even ten years ago, are easily managable in this day and age.

With a 9 year old doc? I would not take that chance with my 9 year old baby. The 9 year old is still a baby practically. No use arguing, some can see this could be justification and some can't, doesn't seem to matter about theistic beliefs. 

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Are you a doctor? I wouldn't take that chance with my 9 year old, would you? Many human attrocities happen, is God going to condemn the parents for making a decision for their 9 year old BABYS abortion? I don't think so.

I'm a doctoral candidate.  Yes, I would take that chance if such an atrocity occurred. 

I love your reasoning Badfish.  One atrocity occurs, so commit another one to cover up the first. :rolleyes:

The theoretical question is a 9 year old, not a teenager.

From a quick glance through the internet, ten year old girls have given birth sans complications.  I couldn't find any literature on nine year old pregnant children.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by nyj

I can't believe you are in the medical field, otherwise you would be well aware that there are many women who have no health care.  Open your eyes to reality, and step out of your ivory tower for a minute.  The world is full of hurting people, most of which who do not have access to medical care.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
No one is saying the situation is not tragic Badfish, but commiting evil to correct a prior evil does not result in a good. That logic is extremely flawed on your part.

Has God addressed, little 9 year olds giving birth as a result of a rape? Are you saying God would condemn the parents or the 9 year old?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

I can't believe you are in the medical field, otherwise you would be well aware that there are many women who have no health care.  Open your eyes to reality, and step out of your ivory tower for a minute.  The world is full of hurting people, most of which who do not have access to medical care.

Auntie Belle,

A pregnant lady without any health care can go to any myriad of pro-life organizations and they will pay out-of-pocket for the entire nine months of medical expenses for her and her child.  Additional pro-life and Christian organizations will then support that mother for years after the birth of the child (Catholic Charities for example).  My eyes ARE open to reality, it is your eyes that are open but do not see.  You can disbelieve all you want about my being in the medical field, but it amounts to a hill of beans because I am.  It also appears, as a health care professional, and a Christian, that I am more aware about the counters to abortion than you are.  You have become a victim to the spin the abortionists play on the unsuspecting populace.  Time to learn the truth.

And to start you on that road, take a look at but one small organization that does exactly what I just described right above:

http://birthchoice.org/

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Originally posted by nyj

I'm a doctoral candidate.  Yes, I would take that chance if such an atrocity occurred.

Not me :)  

I love your reasoning Badfish.  One atrocity occurs, so commit another one to cover up the first. :rolleyes:

If my 9 year old dies giving birth to a rapists baby, that is an attrocity! 

From a quick glance through the internet, ten year old girls have given birth sans complications.  I couldn't find any literature on nine year old pregnant children.

The internet? :confused: I thought you were a doctoral candidate, why would you believe what you see on the internet?

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Has God addressed, little 9 year olds giving birth as a result of a rape? Are you saying God would condemn the parents or the 9 year old?

That sin would be on the heads of the parents obviously.  And yes, it would most definitely be a sin.  It's a taking of a life, regardless of the circumstances.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by nyj

You assume all 9 year olds are in good health before they get raped resulting in pregnancy?  Have you never heard of taking the history of the patient before you decide if the patient can withstand a full term pregnancy?  YOU ARE NO DOCTOR.

And you have NO compassion OR mercy.  Your inhumane attitude toward a helpless little 9 year old speaks volumes to what kind of "doctor" you would be. 

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

The internet? :confused: I thought you were a doctoral candidate, why would you believe what you see on the internet?

I guess you've never heard of the National Library of Medicine.  Or the service they run called "PubMed" which archives every peer-reviewed article written in medical journals across the world.

If you're going to research a medical topic, one would be wise to search the most extensive listing of medical reports... that would be PubMed.

It's trustworthy.  Believe me. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.