Dallas
✟20,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Most of what I've seen on this thread is condemning women for having abortions.

I have tried to offer solutions, which have been rejected. But I don't see men being lectured about abandoning their pregnant partners, I don't see men being lectured about using condoms, and I don't see men being lectured about rape.

But as long as women can self-abort we'll never completelyl get rid of abortion. We can only end LEGAL abortion.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have tried to offer solutions, which have been rejected.
The only "solution" I can see you suggesting is to make condoms free across the board. Otherwise you just derailed and devalued the discussion by bringing in your political views to attack people.

But as long as women can self-abort we'll never completelyl get rid of abortion. We can only end LEGAL abortion.
Of course not. And as long as people can sin and have free will, we will continue to make poor choices. But what's important is that Christians at least recognize that the 98.5% of abortions, which are preformed for convenience reasons, are immoral and wrong.

Upvote 0

bhayes

Jesus is Lord.
Dec 13, 2012
Canada
✟43,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps it's because he like to test us and our moral character? That's the whole purpose of living on earth for a short time. We get to chose either life or death, Christ or not.
If we choose eternal life and friendship with Christ then it has to manifest itself in our life as a holistic faithfulness towards Christ and his principles.
I think its brilliant of God to be honest and I stand in awe.
To test us like this and to give us this unique opportunity to choose fidelity is truely wonderful in my eyes.

He already knows our hearts are desperately wicked, if it were a test everyone has failed every single time. All have sinned and fallen short.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Chicago
✟12,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The fact that it's even a debate in general is frightening. Back in the day you didn't have to be a Christian to know abortion is wrong. You could have been an atheist and you would have this in your conscience of it being immoral. Satan has really brainwashed people severely. Even before I became a believer I always knew abortion was not right and that it was wrong. But then liberal brainwashing and propaganda tried to get me to accept it as being no big deal. The fact that they attach "women's rights" to the issue is also just plain sick. They take another issue that has nothing to do with it and brainwash people to believe it is connected. I can see them doing something in the future like "pedophile rights" to justify pedophilia, I am just through with the evil in this world.

• Agree
Reactions: martymonster
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about Mandatory Vasectomy's for all Males post puberty?
They are fully reversible, and when a man can demonstrate he is mature and responsible enough, and has the financial wherewithal to be a father, and is old enough to sign a legally binding document committing to care for any child he conceives, then he can have the vasectomy reversed and begin the process.

The Abortion rate would drop to Zero.

We've been legislating the Bodies of the wrong gender. Lets legislate men's bodies for a change and we will get some REAL, pro life, results.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Chicago
✟12,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about Mandatory Vasectomy's for all Males post puberty?
They are fully reversible, and when a man can demonstrate he is mature and responsible enough, and has the financial wherewithal to be a father, and is old enough to sign a legally binding document committing to care for any child he conceives, then he can have the vasectomy reversed and begin the process.

The Abortion rate would drop to Zero.

We've been legislating the Bodies of the wrong gender. Lets legislate men's bodies for a change and we will get some REAL, pro life, results.
Wow. You make this comment as if it is not the women's choice as well to abstain and that it is men's fault..

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow. You make this comment as if it is not the women's choice as well to abstain and that it is men's fault..

Nope... Its just that the responsibility, and accountability, for pregnancy has been tipped to far to the women for too long.

Time for Men to take up the slack.

100% Mandatory Vasectomy Rate = 0% abortion Rate.

Are you against a 0% abortion Rate?

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty weird huh? Especially for a Catholic to say. Does not line up with Church teaching. At. All. :scratch: Would love some clarification.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men don't get pregnant and, outside of rapists, they do not force women to become pregnant.

Ya...we pretty much do. Its an animal thing.
And then we change our mind after the "peak experience" and leave.

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0