Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes i certainly would be willing.

Well, God have mercy on you.

What do you know about what jesus thought about that matter anyways?
Do you know what he thought about eating animals? Would you all be Vegetarians if he were?

Where do you see any condemnation of eating animals or being commanded for all believers to be vegetarians in Scripture?

Obviously, this is a rhetorical question, since it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can´t assume you weren´t suicidal , but you can assume my biological gender? Interesting.

Why is that "interesting"? Your profile name is Jonathan. A reasonable person could assume that this is a male profile. Feel free to correct me. You seem primed to fight with someone here, but it won't be me.

How about we stay on topic?

• Haha
Reactions: Toro and HIM
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also if you just legally forbid abortions, guess what happens: They are done illegally, the numbers of abortions don´t usually go up when legalizing abortions but stay the same. So there is no reason to illegalize abortions again.
Sure there is. It is murder, taking life that is not our right to take.
BTW if abortion was illegal again the abortion rate would go down because a percentage that might or would consider it would not. And the fact that it would be illegal would also cause a percentage not to even consider doing it because it would be illegal with consequences that would be immediate along with the eternal.

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you do something evil to an innocent person do you do wrong? Of course. If you do something evil to someone because someone else did evil to you, how does that right the wrong? It doesn't. It just adds another wrong, perpetuating violence. Abortion doesn't 'fix' anything. It is an act of violence in and of itself, against an innocent and defenseless human being.

A pregnant woman has to deal with weight gain, morning sickness, and--worse--possible diabetes. There is the pain and scaring that accompanies childbirth. Pregnancies always come with risks. Women die in childbirth. So aborting following a rape isn't just "adding another wrong." It can be seen as self defense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't avoid answering your question directly. You just didn't like my answer. And I haven't been ranting. My argument didn't change. My preference has never mattered. All unborn lives are sacred and should be protected.
Yes you avoided answering it. I asked you to tell me directly what would be your preferred choice, your answer was it doesn't matter.

Your last sentence isn't wrong per-se but born lives also need protection.

I'm sorry, but you need to do some research here. You seem to believe that all children who are born of incest will be physically or mentally disabled, and that's simply false. Is there a greater chance of genetically linked problems to such a child? Yes, we all know that. Is it an absolute certainty?
Show me any source of any father/daughter children being born with out any physical to mental ailments. I'll hold you to this.

No. Do we decide that children aren't worthy of life when they're disabled? Of course not. To suggest such a thing is a affront to the millions of parents who love their disabled children just as much as any other child.
But the other question is does the child deserve that kind life.. a life of that level of cruel suffering?

I repeat. I do not in any sense of the word support abortion. I don't think it should be a privilege but there are extreme circumstances, and the inhumane realities in this world can make the subject of morality very difficult that we can't be so condescending.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
It is not our place to kill innocent babies. "Though shalt not kill".

I say again, let God's will be done
What about innocent adults? I suppose it is OK to kill those though.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

BARTON SIEGWART

Oct 25, 2020
PANAMA CITY
✟15,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I ask yet another difficult question for me (I've never had an abortion), but let's look at a scenario where if someone is raped by someone they're not interested in or attracted to, that would be horrible, horrifying and disgusting, in that case I would want an abortion. is abortion killing/murder? is the answer obvious? If the answer is clearly yes, that abortion is killing/murder, that is just so horrible! So God would not allow it in this case, why not? Thank you all for your help :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure there is. It is murder, taking life that is not our right to take.
BTW if abortion was illegal again the abortion rate would go down because a percentage that might or would consider it would not. And the fact that it would be illegal would also cause a percentage not to even consider doing it because it would be illegal with consequences that would be immediate along with the eternal.

Speculation only, with no proof. Next...

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is that "interesting"? Your profile name is Jonathan. A reasonable person could assume that this is a male profile. Feel free to correct me. You seem primed to fight with someone here, but it won't be me.

How about we stay on topic?

Good idea, since your post has nothing to do with the topic.

Upvote 0

BARTON SIEGWART

Oct 25, 2020
PANAMA CITY
✟15,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jer 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.
Psm 139:13 You wove me in my mother’s womb.
A Person being put into a Mother's womb is an act of God, Not an act of sex. We are not qualified to judge why God put that person there. Obey the Lord.
Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he/she should go.

Source: 16 Bible verses about Babies In The Womb

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God killed all the firstborn males of Egypt and permitted Herod to kill all the boys two years old and younger.

Also, Jeremiah 31:15 (repeated in Matthew 2:18), "The Lord says: “A sound is heard in Ramah, a sound of crying in bitter grief. It is the sound of Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are gone.”

All lives are in God's hands; He has allowed children to be killed on a number of occasions in the Bible (both Testaments). If a fetus is fatally malformed and the pregnancy must be terminated, that too is a work of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask yet another difficult question for me (I've never had an abortion), but let's look at a scenario where if someone is raped by someone they're not interested in or attracted to, that would be horrible, horrifying and disgusting, in that case I would want an abortion. is abortion killing/murder? is the answer obvious? If the answer is clearly yes, that abortion is killing/murder, that is just so horrible! So God would not allow it in this case, why not? Thank you all for your help :(
First of all, even if its someone you are attracted to and interested in, rape is rape. Just because you had liked them would not make any difference if they forced themselves on someone.

And this whole question is linked to one issue - when does life begin.

Most Christians I know take the view that life begins at conception, so anything after that is wrong. The world view (and argument for abortion as I understand it) is that viable life is when a baby could survive outside the womb. There are of course people who want abortion up to birth and even after birth (Hillary Clinton is allegedly an advocate for after birth abortion).

I think that is why Christians tend to be pro-life, however most understand that if the pregnancy was through something like rape or there is a genuine risk to the mothers life there may be an argument for a termination. Personally, I take the view that we should not judge other people and try to apply that on this subject as well. However, if a "pro-choice" advocate as they like to call themselves tries to challenge me on their views, I ask them this question "If someone has a miscarriage would you tell them they haven't lost a baby?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God killed all the firstborn males of Egypt and permitted Herod to kill all the boys two years old and younger.

Also, Jeremiah 31:15 (repeated in Matthew 2:18), "The Lord says: “A sound is heard in Ramah, a sound of crying in bitter grief. It is the sound of Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are gone.”

All lives are in God's hands; He has allowed children to be killed on a number of occasions in the Bible (both Testaments). If a fetus is fatally malformed and the pregnancy must be terminated, that too is a work of God.

If a fetus is 'fatally' malformed then no termination is necessary as it wont survive. Let nature do its job.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The scenario you describe is certainly a horrible one to have to deal with. But the facts are the facts. By the time a mother knows she is pregnant, her child's heart is already beating, already pumping his/her blood, not the mother's blood, through his/her own circulatory system. He/she is a human being, with all the rights that come with that identity, including the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To brutally slaughter a child, for any reason, is totally immoral.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The scenario you describe is certainly a horrible one to have to deal with. But the facts are the facts. By the time a mother knows she is pregnant, her child's heart is already beating, already pumping his/her blood, not the mother's blood, through his/her own circulatory system. He/she is a human being, with all the rights that come with that identity, including the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To brutally slaughter a child, for any reason, is totally immoral.
You are quoting the Declaration of Independence, which carries no legal weight other than to separate the US from England. The 14th Amendment specifically provides that citizenship begins at birth, not conception.

Totally immoral? What about cases of rape as I addressed earlier in post 106?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.