✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Evee said:
But would the above be wrong if you knew...
To abort the child I mean?
This is what really infuriates me - the 'what-if-the-baby-is-severly-handicapped?' red herring that is always thrown in. (Also the rape scenario red herring).

99% of abortions are simply just abortions of convenience - forgot to use condom, was careless using condom, not ready for responsibility of baby, career must come first, etc.

Abortion is murder. It is so ironic that a PRO-CHOICE woman - Julia Black - has made the best documentary of the murder of unborn children; I refer of course to "My Feutous".

And, gee, isn't it funny how all the women who support abortion have already been born (how convenient for them!).

JSIW

Upvote 0

CynthiaSpeaks

Big Bad Bart... He's my dream!
Dec 2, 2004
Oregon
✟8,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ellie022 said:
me personally, i hate it, everyone has the right to live. but maybe in the case of rape it should be accepted.

although it should not be frowned upon as everyone is different, so it's up to the individual if they choose to have an abortion or not.

Be careful of "relativism" Ellie. a popular theory taught in schools these days. Meaning, a theory that conceptions of truth and moral values are not absolute but are relative to the persons or groups holding them. In other words, abortion is not wrong as long as the person having the abortion believes it is okay. The same could be said for all sorts of sins, criminal acts, or deviancies.

I don't mean to pick on you, just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Anyway, abortion is definitely the killing of God's creation, the killing of a human life. According to this site, http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/facts/fetaldevelopment.html, a baby's heart begins to beat with the child’s own blood, often a different type than the mother's by day 22!.

This means the baby is its own unique individual within 22 days! On the first day ALL human chromosomes are present. The choice is not the mother's to make. It is not about her body, it is all about a human life.

I am passionate about this. I am 48 and at age 17 I had an abortion. Even though I know Gold has forgiven me I cannot stress enough the hell I have gone thru. Excuse my use of the word h*ll, but that describes it very well. There is not a month that goes by that I do not think about my baby, the one waiting for me in heaven.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;" ~Jeremiah 1:5

Upvote 0

lummoxcooties

Feb 11, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟15,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is an article I have made for my website. I have done tons of research on abortion, and I hope you all reconsider any feelings that it is an individual's decision and not the government's decision.
Abortion is a personal convenience, and it is a distortion of morality. People who are disgusted by the Holocaust and are aware of the inhumane acts and experiments that took place should really be aware of abortion and its consequences. Abortion is not a joyous time where a mother erases her past and the baby disappears. Someone has to kill it. Someone has to approve of that killing, and many people like to call this a "termination."

The objection that I have with the pro-choice stance is that the mother already had a choice. She decided to have intercourse. If she did not want to get pregnant, she should have given it some thought before having sex. Every adult knows what happens when two people take part in this act, and that is the reason people have children. Unlike the adult, unborn babies do not have a choice. They are victims without any rights, no lawyer, and no say in anything. They did not decide to be born, so there is no choice on their part. There is no choice when pregnant women are coerced into having an abortion. In some cases, parents threaten to disown the daughter, boyfriends threaten to break up, or doctors will tell them that it is the easiest solution. This is clearly not giving a mother a choice, but making her vulnerable to the pressures of society.

Even in rape, abortion is not right. The innocent child should not have to pay for the father's crime. It is unethical. When someone is pregnant, they do not say "I am going to have a fetus!" They say they are going to have a baby. A baby is a human, and so is a fetus. It is a product of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) just like you and me. As a Christian, it is wrong because God made life, and we are destroying it. God made every one of us for a reason, and that reason is not to be destroyed before we even survive the real world.

Even the law of the United States is contradicting itself. It is a constitutional right to be able to terminate your pregnancy, yet Scott Peterson is convicted of double homicide. In one case, it is a potential life, and on the other side, it is a life. Scott should have a "choice" by this reasoning. This means either that abortion is murder, or Mr. Peterson legally ended his son's life, and illegally terminated his wife. This is a double standard that degrades moral principles and leads our country into a social paradox.

Jane McCorvey, formerly "Jane Roe" from the Roe V. Wade abortion case, has filed a legal appeal to the Supreme Court to overturn the ruling because of new medical evidence that shows that abortion may cause harm to both the mother and the unborn child. Over the years, it has become evident that some abortions lead to complications in future pregnancies, including infertility, miscarriage, and premature birth. The most unfortunate and sickening events occur when the aborted child has survived a broken neck, or an 18-hour bath in saline solution, or a couple amputations. The doctors have a decision to either murder it or put it in the foster care system. These incidents are disgraceful and unfair to the newborn. The abortion survivors are proof that they are not a lifeless glob, but a human being.

The niece of Martin Luther King Junior, Alveda King, speaks publicly about her regret of her abortion. She is a member of the Silent No More Campaign, and she stands behind her uncle's legacy for civil rights. To her, abortion is no different from slavery. The mother gets to do as she sees fitting, and the baby must submit to her and give up its life. Alveda urges women to speak out on their spiritual and emotional pain from their abortions.

The womb should be a place of security for the baby, but abortion turns the womb into a slaughterhouse of despair and destruction. The fetus is not a worthless pile of protoplasm. There is no evidence to support that a fetus is no less human than a month old child. Neither can talk nor walk. Both receive nourishment and start to grow. With this in mind, I cannot support a woman's "choice" if there is no proof to show that a fetus is not alive. I value life more than a choice that destroys it. I was adopted, and I am glad I was not aborted, because I was a child, not a choice.

If you want a small glimpse of a harmless abortion, watch free audio/video online (watch "Harder Truth"). Also see photos.

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
lummoxcooties said:
This is an article I have made for my website. I have done tons of research on abortion, and I hope you all reconsider any feelings that it is an individual's decision and not the government's decision.

The government made a decision to make abortion legal.
There would be lots more young people if they had not been aborted all because the government made it legal.

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
John Spong is wrong said:
This is what really infuriates me - the 'what-if-the-baby-is-severly-handicapped?' red herring that is always thrown in. (Also the rape scenario red herring).

99% of abortions are simply just abortions of convenience - forgot to use condom, was careless using condom, not ready for responsibility of baby, career must come first, etc.

Abortion is murder. It is so ironic that a PRO-CHOICE woman - Julia Black - has made the best documentary of the murder of unborn children; I refer of course to "My Feutous".

And, gee, isn't it funny how all the women who support abortion have already been born (how convenient for them!).

JSIW
So true so true!
Now a baby is called a fetus when it is convenient also.
The only time I believe in abortion is if it is a tubal pregnancy.
That has to be done in that case because mother and baby both dies otherwise.

Upvote 0

zeemama

Sep 19, 2004
West Des Moines,Iowa
✟172.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have just sat here reading all these responses and I feel I need to respond to the issue of special needs children in particular. You see, in January 1998 I found out that I was pregnant with my second child. Within a month of finding out that I was pregnant I began to have some severe problems with this pregnancy. The doctor did an ultrasound to determine what was happening because I was cramping and spotting. Dianosis-the baby's placenta was detached about 20%. I was sent home on complete best rest (not easy with a then 16 month old child that didn't walk and barely crawled). Within 10 days I began to bleed full force and I was rushed to the hospital. The news wasn't good-I had developed a blood clot. The "A" word was recommended immediately. My husband and I requested some time to pray before going that avenue. I was allowed to go home on complete best rest-I could only get up for using the bathroom, I could not climb stairs, do any lifting, do anything period. We called our pastor and asked him to come over that we needed to talk. My husband told him when he got there what was happening. We prayed and he annointed me with oil and we believed that God would heal me and allow me to have this baby. God answered our prayer, I believe, immediately. A follow up ultrasound confirmed what I already knew. God had healed me. Caleb Aaron was born, very healthy on Sept. 2, 1998 weighing in at a whoping 11 lbs. 12 oz. He continues to have struggles (he is high functioning autistic), but I have no doubt that God will use him. I have never regretted carrying him to term and choosing to raise him. Neither does my husband. Caleb was not planned and does have difficult special needs, should I have aborted him, my answer is a huge NO. As an update to my oldest child, she continues to have special needs as well. As do the children that were born in 2000 and in 2003. I have no regrets when it comes to have children with special needs. I know other parents who are choosing to raise children with things such as spina bifida, down's syndrome, fragile x syndrome, pectus excavatum and other problems. NONE of us regret our decisions to raise our children, in spite of their disabilities. BTW, several of these parents found out that their children were special needs before they were born and still chose to raise their children. Just my 2 cents worth. God Bless You All and for those of you who are still pro-choice, just know that God makes special children for special reasons. We may not know why until we get to heaven, but who knows for sure (besides God of course) how many of these children will lead many to Jesus because of their special needs. I love Genesis 50:19-21 it is Joseph speaking to his brothers after revealing who he is. It says: You intended to harm me, but God intended for good, the saving of many lives which is now being done. I rely on this verse all the time when I am dealing with my children's special needs. Satan want to tear us down, but God can take what ever Satan throws our direction and turn it into something positive. I see it done all the time. :)

Zeemama

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
zeemama said:
I have just sat here reading all these responses and I feel I need to respond to the issue of special needs children in particular. You see, in January 1998 I found out that I was pregnant with my second child. Within a month of finding out that I was pregnant I began to have some severe problems with this pregnancy. The doctor did an ultrasound to determine what was happening because I was cramping and spotting. Dianosis-the baby's placenta was detached about 20%. I was sent home on complete best rest (not easy with a then 16 month old child that didn't walk and barely crawled). Within 10 days I began to bleed full force and I was rushed to the hospital. The news wasn't good-I had developed a blood clot. The "A" word was recommended immediately. My husband and I requested some time to pray before going that avenue. I was allowed to go home on complete best rest-I could only get up for using the bathroom, I could not climb stairs, do any lifting, do anything period. We called our pastor and asked him to come over that we needed to talk. My husband told him when he got there what was happening. We prayed and he annointed me with oil and we believed that God would heal me and allow me to have this baby. God answered our prayer, I believe, immediately. A follow up ultrasound confirmed what I already knew. God had healed me. Caleb Aaron was born, very healthy on Sept. 2, 1998 weighing in at a whoping 11 lbs. 12 oz. He continues to have struggles (he is high functioning autistic), but I have no doubt that God will use him. I have never regretted carrying him to term and choosing to raise him. Neither does my husband. Caleb was not planned and does have difficult special needs, should I have aborted him, my answer is a huge NO. As an update to my oldest child, she continues to have special needs as well. As do the children that were born in 2000 and in 2003. I have no regrets when it comes to have children with special needs. I know other parents who are choosing to raise children with things such as spina bifida, down's syndrome, fragile x syndrome, pectus excavatum and other problems. NONE of us regret our decisions to raise our children, in spite of their disabilities. BTW, several of these parents found out that their children were special needs before they were born and still chose to raise their children. Just my 2 cents worth. God Bless You All and for those of you who are still pro-choice, just know that God makes special children for special reasons. We may not know why until we get to heaven, but who knows for sure (besides God of course) how many of these children will lead many to Jesus because of their special needs. I love Genesis 50:19-21 it is Joseph speaking to his brothers after revealing who he is. It says: You intended to harm me, but God intended for good, the saving of many lives which is now being done. I rely on this verse all the time when I am dealing with my children's special needs. Satan want to tear us down, but God can take what ever Satan throws our direction and turn it into something positive. I see it done all the time. :)

Zeemama
This post is worth more than 2 cents! Thank you so much for that story. You and your husband made a courageous decision to trust in God. = )

Upvote 0

lingjanet

Jan 9, 2005
✟15,463.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
madison1101 said:
Let me just advocate for a minute. Many children are born into horrible poverty to mothers who are barely able to support themselves, much less a child. Poor, inner city girls become pregnant out of stupidity and the baby is used as a trophy that a "man" and I use the word loosely, found them attractive for one night. These mothers are usually teenagers, and use that baby to prove they are now women. These babies are often neglected, abused, and worse. They don't know their fathers, and live in the worst conditions. Does an child deserve that?

in this case, i rather they abort the baby then deliver them to the earth to give them suffering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cerulean_Butterfly

Learning to fly...
Feb 25, 2004
In your closet... Armed. =P =D
✟33,635.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Why would anyone want to kill a baby? That's what I would like to know.

A baby should not have to pay for someone else's mistake. *see sigg* Yeah sure, some women get pregnant from rape. It's a sad thing. But still, that baby is there for a reason. God wanted that baby to be there. That baby deserves a life. It's not the baby's fault you were raped, it's not the babies fault you had sex without protection. So why should the baby have to pay the price?

I'm all for adoption. Babies deserve a life too. Think about it. You wouldnt be here today if your mom aborted you. You wouldnt have a job, a spouse, kids, friends, a life. You wouldnt have even had the chance. And don't buy all of that "It's not techniclly a baby yet, its only muscle and tissue." Thats a load of junk. By 12 weeks the baby already had working brain waves and he/she has a heart. He/she already has facial features. It's a human being. It's a human being at 2 days. It's a human being at 2 hours. I don't care what the doctors say. Even if it's only an egg at 5 days or what have you. There is still a human being about to be formed from that little egg.

The baby knows what is happening when it's being aborted. the baby's heart speeds up and the baby moves a voilent pace. The baby is scared. Think about that. The baby is screaming inside of your body. :sigh: It just saddens me that people can take someone's life like that. It's sad.

-Jo. :hug:

Upvote 0

just_dance

Nothing But The Blood
Jul 26, 2004
✟1,461.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In some ways it can be good what if a kid was raped and ended up getting pregnet. In one example a 11 year old girl got pregnet. Her bones weren't developed yet her muscles weren't ready to suport the baby but she went through with it. Over all it really damaged her body. Some people if they have a child to young an result in not being able to have kids and even death.

But also haveing a aboution can couse the person never to be able to have children if they don't have it soon enough.

It can be good or bad.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
just_dance said:
In some ways it can be good what if a kid was raped and ended up getting pregnet. In one example a 11 year old girl got pregnet. Her bones weren't developed yet her muscles weren't ready to suport the baby but she went through with it. Over all it really damaged her body. Some people if they have a child to young an result in not being able to have kids and even death.

But also haveing a aboution can couse the person never to be able to have children if they don't have it soon enough.

It can be good or bad.
:| Either way you play God when you decide to abort a baby. If you're a Christian, you need to trust in God when you do right, even if there are consequences. If you are not Christian and that doesn't apply, what use is there in doing right? Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. Even with that concession, it's still not right

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blessedbyhimmom said:
Does a child deserve Death???
You know what, my mom was pregnant at 17. She wanted and planned to abort me. My gram found out(God rest her soul) and stopped it.
I was abused on many levels. But I have never regretted that I was born.
God can take literally garbage and make it beautiful.
I am so glad that my mom chose life! I would take my terrible childhood any day over death. I've been able to share the Lord with people and see them accept eternity with Jesus!

BRING ON LIFE!!

WWW.CGPRCS.ORG

OH yeah..by the way I now work as the Executive Director of our local Crisis Pregnancy Centers. I have NEVER had a woman come in and say they regretted their child. I have heard many, many women grieve over the baby they aborted.

That is awesome. It is good to see someone face a childhood like that and still find your way to christ.

-cw

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.