Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Abortion Doctor Killed

Police spokesman Gordon Bassham would not confirm the victim's identity pending notification of relatives but said a 67-year-old "high-profile individual in the community" was shot and killed.
Tiller has been among the few U.S. physicians performing late-term abortions. His clinic has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades and he was shot and wounded by a protester in 1993.

Let's pray for the repose of the soul of the doctor as well as for his murderer.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It is times like these that ppl point at pro lifers and say we do violence.

Part of me wonders - with the new 'address' to calling pro lifers violent dissidents if this wasnt perhaps set up by the current admin. They needed a recent case to make the point.

But i agree, prayers are needed. Especially noting the horrible messages, via heaven, in regards to the souls who do abortions, and certain punishments are set aside for them in hell.

:crossrc:

My emotions are so full. May the Lord have mercy.

Reactions: JoabAnias
Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WICHITA, Kan. (May 31) -- Late-term abortion doctor George Tiller, a prominent advocate for abortion rights wounded by a protester more than a decade ago, was shot and killed Sunday at his church in Wichita, a city official said.

A City Hall official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak about the case told The Associated Press that the 67-year-old doctor was killed Sunday morning at Reformation Lutheran Church.....

Tiller has been among the few U.S. physicians performing late-term abortions. His clinic has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades and he was shot and wounded in both arms by a protester in 1993.

He remained prominent in the news in recent years, in part because of an investigation begun by former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, an abortion opponent.

Prosecutors had alleged that Tiller had gotten second opinions from a doctor who was essentially an employee of his, not independent as state law requires, but a jury in March acquitted him of all 19 misdemeanor counts against him.

Abortion opponents also questioned then-Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' ties to Tiller before the Senate confirmed her this year as U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary. Tiller donated thousands of dollars to Sebelius over the years.

link in OP.

Reactions: Davidnic
Upvote 0

Joachim

The flag is a protest for state flags
Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟10,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It is times like these that ppl point at pro lifers and say we do violence.

Part of me wonders - with the new 'address' to calling pro lifers violent dissidents if this wasnt perhaps set up by the current admin. They needed a recent case to make the point.

You can't be serious about the last part. Set up by the government? Why would the government set this up? More importantly, if this is some kind of government plot, then why is it that the patsy actually did shoot the person rather than simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time like Oswald? This is not a third world country. The government doesn't go around planning assassinations, the only exception of course being Kennedy.

No, what this is a case of is a very high profile figure who caused a lot of public anger being killed by someone he angered at a time of high economic distress. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the shooter was recently laid off or something like that.

But "planned by the Obama administration". My God, I didn't vote for the man, worked against him actively in the primaries, but I just can't see why he would have hit squads going around killing civilians. Am I unreasonable for believing that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All we can do is pray and hope that most people know that being pro life... is being pro life.. in that ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS... even the abortionists.

I also agree with Joachim. I don't think President Obama or his people or any government official had anything to do with this murder.

Joachim... it's debatable if any government officials were behind the assassination of President Kennedy. We don't really have evidence if Oswald acted alone or not. Wouldn't it be nice if somehow there were some kind of documents that would show us all the truth about these types of unknown mysteries?

Praying.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You can't be serious about the last part. Set up by the government? Why would the government set this up? More importantly, if this is some kind of government plot, then why is it that the patsy actually did shoot the person rather than simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time like Oswald? This is not a third world country. The government doesn't go around planning assassinations, the only exception of course being Kennedy.

No, what this is a case of is a very high profile figure who caused a lot of public anger being killed by someone he angered at a time of high economic distress. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the shooter was recently laid off or something like that.

But "planned by the Obama administration". My God, I didn't vote for the man, worked against him actively in the primaries, but I just can't see why he would have hit squads going around killing civilians. Am I unreasonable for believing that?

I didnt say planned.
I said i cant help but wonder...so sue me.

I said two things - one is this makes us look violent, and two - with the recent 'blame' on pro lifers as violent, i do wonder.

Its not like we must stifle our every word to conform to the admin of this country.
How come they can claim pro lifers will seek out the vets who are returning from war to work on their violent tendencies to attack those who disagree?

I forget the whole address.... but we are being accused. It only takes a few nut jobs to push action. Whether or not this crazed person did this on their own recognisance or was doing for this inexplicable murder via a reason, we dont know.

DO you forget the recent accusations by this admin?? I havent.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
All we can do is pray and hope that most people know that being pro life... is being pro life.. in that ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS... even the abortionists.

I also agree with Joachim. I don't think President Obama or his people or any government official had anything to do with this murder.

Joachim... it's debatable if any government officials was behind the assination of President Kennedy. We don't really have evidence if Oswald acted alone or not. Wouldn't it be nice if somehow there were some kind of documents that would show us all the truth about these types of unknown mysteries?

Praying.

Amen.

This was a horrible thing to do, and the pro life movement doesnt condone this.

Upvote 0

2Cosmic2Charlie

For no reason I can think of reading this tread made me think of this song.

I just want to thank eveyone involved for giving me a blast from the past rememberence of my wasted youth.

(OOOOoooo.. Wasted youth, another forgotten song....)

YouTube - Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues

(No intent of derailing - just another summer day in 2cosmic town, go back to your regularly scheduled abortion discussion...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen.

This was a horrible thing to do, and the pro life movement doesnt condone this.

Amen. And if some of the media do not properly do their home work and doesn't get this right, then it's further evidence that some of them are lazy and bias and unprofessional, which we all kinda know already. And again... the only thing we can do is pray.

This sort of thing is always so hurtful and harmful and heart breaking.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For no reason I can think of reading this tread made me think of this song.

I just want to thank eveyone involved for giving me a blast from the past rememberence of my wasted youth.

(OOOOoooo.. Wasted youth, another forgotten song....)

YouTube - Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues

(No intent of derailing - just another summer day in cosmic town, go back to your regularly scheduled abortion discussion...)

Perfect song for now adays. I love this song... (my bad).

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Do not think out loud - or it wont be paranoia that you have. Its actual 'how dare you think.'

Well, either this is coincidence - or it isnt.

One thing i remember growing up is my dad's love for President Kennedy. Books and books showing he was killed by someone else, not who they pinned. [the bouncing bullet]
And when 1 was 15, the news said they wont release the name of the actual murderer for 75 years.
Really, by that time, who is going to pin the dreadful deed on the official, er i mean the one who did it?
So someone got off, and someone was pinned. And i should believe that will never ever happen again.
Cheerios. I wont wonder any more.

May the light of this deed, whosoever killed another person, be shown.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Do not think out loud - or it wont be paranoia that you have. Its actual 'how dare you think.'

Well, either this is coincidence - or it isnt.

One thing i remember growing up is my dad's love for President Kennedy. Books and books showing he was killed by someone else, not who they pinned. [the bouncing bullet]
And when 1 was 15, the news said they wont release the name of the actual murderer for 75 years.
Really, by that time, who is going to pin the dreadful deed on the official, er i mean the one who did it?
So someone got off, and someone was pinned. And i should believe that will never ever happen again.
Cheerios. I wont wonder any more.

May the light of this deed, whosoever killed another person, be shown.

We can talk about and estimate what happened to Pres. Kennedy... honestly... I don't know myself. I think Oswald was the one who killed him... there is a ton of proof that he was the one who shot and killed the President. But was it a conspiracy? I don't think we'll ever know that answer or if we do, it will be when we all are really old and no one hardly remembers who Pres. Kennedy was. He will be like Abraham Lincoln was when I was in high school. A great president who was assissinated waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaaaaack then.

OH well... that's history for us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.