Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The shootings reportedly took place at both a restaurant and a bowling alley in Lewiston, the second most populous city in Maine, in the southern part of the state.

Multiple victims were reported dead after at least two mass shootings in southern Maine on Wednesday night.

The total count of victims was unclear as of early Thursday morning. Multiple media reports listed anywhere from 15 to 22 dead, with dozens more injured.

The shootings reportedly took place at both a restaurant and a bowling alley in Lewiston, the second most populous city in Maine, in the southern part of the state. Lewiston police said on Facebook late on Wednesday that the shootings occurred at local establishments Schemengees Bar and Sparetime Recreation.

In a Facebook post, police said they were looking for a person of interest in the shooting, 40-year-old Robert Card. Card “should be considered armed and dangerous."

The AP reported that a police bulletin said Card had been identified as “a firearms instructor believed to be in the Army Reserve” who had been “committed to a mental health facility for two weeks in the summer of 2023” after reportedly “hearing voices and threats to shoot up” the military base in Saco.

Continued below.

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At a bowling alley? I like to go bowling and have gone a lot. I had trouble one time at a bowling alley but it was when I was about 19 or 20 like 40 some years ago. I was the security guard at the upperclass Bowling Alley near Columbus after I went through the cop training but I did not go down and get sworn in. All during school for it I was working for myself and I discovered that I had skills, so I didnt become a cop I went in business for myself instead. And it started slow but my certification for passing the training was still good so I got the security guard Cert from the state and worked security until business picked up.

Now this Bowling Alley was higher class than most and it had a real nice lounge in it. And the area cops liked this lounge and used to congregate there all the time for drinks. My job was to keep the peace inside, not let people leave with open containers and walk around the building once an hour to check on patrons vehicles. And that was what I was doing, walking around outside. I rounded one corner of the building and I see a man slapping a woman around out by a car. So I hadda go over and break it up. The guy was drunk, and yes he did turn out to be an off duth Columbus cop. And he was drunk so I said hey fellah you cant be smacking women around and he says F-Off you rent a cop this is my wife and I'm a cop and will have you for lunch!!! (Oh boy) .

But at least I knew what I was dealing with so my not so experienced security guard self figured it's a cop so dump it in the cops laps. That's their man. So I took out my radio and began calling in the city cops to handlle it and as soon as I did he yelled at me and charged me and double fisted me in the chest and made me drop my radio. And it was on, but he was drunk and that's what PR-24's wer made for! I wasnt drunk! I know we were taught that we really are not supposed to take head shots with a PR-24 because it's too dangerous.

Anyway, I pulled out my PR-24 and I was pretty good with it but he was fast. I was aiming at his left side elbow and he like, ducked down and came in low and rushed me...and I got him square across the forhead and it was like his face exploded into blood. He hit the ground and it was over, cops were already starting to come out because someone told them he somebody is in a beef with the security guard. I felt bad for hitting him in the head but I wasnt about to let him get his hands on me.

Two days later the guy I fought actually came back to me and apologized to me! I respect that a lot. That must have been tough to do. One of the paramedics that responded to treat the head wound started yelling at me, like why did I have to beat him up so much and trash talk and he made me boiling mad for an instant because I didnt start it and did nothing wrong. I stood up and took one step towards the paramedic and wow he had two cops right at him and one by me to defuse the situation. The cops told the paramedic to do his job and dont talk to me. That felt good to me and that same cop came to me and said hey forget it, you don't have to be a punching bag for anybody. That was a good cop.

I still might go bowling sometime or to a restaurant to eat. But thats sad to hear about violence at a Bowling Alley. I knew barber shops are not safe but Bowling Allys?! Dangit!

Upvote 0