GOP Presidential Hopeful Tim Scott Discusses Abortion, Immigration, Education and Beginning Each Day With Scripture

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘The fact of the matter is the Gospel always leads us in the right direction of providing assistance. ... I think we have an opportunity — not just a responsibility, but an opportunity — to live out that message.’

GOP 2024 hopeful Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., believes the country should set an abortion limit at 15 weeks, sees Catholic schools as a good example of quality education, and tries to ground his policy plans in his Christian faith.

The 58-year-old senator, who assumed office in January 2013 after being appointed by Gov. Nikki Haley to replace retiring Sen. Jim DeMint in December 2012, previously served the Palmetto State in the U.S. House of Representatives from 2011 to 2013. An evangelical Protestant, he spoke Sunday about these issues and more with EWTN News Nightly correspondent Erik Rosales, who caught up with him on the campaign trail in Iowa.

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

You supported [and] co-sponsored the 15-week abortion ban. Even Susan B. Anthony Pro Life America says that’s a good start. Do you see any sort of compromise with this, or what’s your policy on abortion?

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
‘The fact of the matter is the Gospel always leads us in the right direction of providing assistance. ... I think we have an opportunity — not just a responsibility, but an opportunity — to live out that message.’

GOP 2024 hopeful Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., believes the country should set an abortion limit at 15 weeks, sees Catholic schools as a good example of quality education, and tries to ground his policy plans in his Christian faith.

The 58-year-old senator, who assumed office in January 2013 after being appointed by Gov. Nikki Haley to replace retiring Sen. Jim DeMint in December 2012, previously served the Palmetto State in the U.S. House of Representatives from 2011 to 2013. An evangelical Protestant, he spoke Sunday about these issues and more with EWTN News Nightly correspondent Erik Rosales, who caught up with him on the campaign trail in Iowa.

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

You supported [and] co-sponsored the 15-week abortion ban. Even Susan B. Anthony Pro Life America says that’s a good start. Do you see any sort of compromise with this, or what’s your policy on abortion?

Continued below.
Would that we could some day have a good president again.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tim Scott is my Senator in Congress. I am saddened to hear he has ceased his campaign for the Presidency. I was ready to vote for him both in the primary and the general election. I hope he remains our Senator for some time.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Tim Scott is my Senator in Congress. I am saddened to hear he has ceased his campaign for the Presidency. I was ready to vote for him both in the primary and the general election. I hope he remains our Senator for some time.
Sorry to hear that he dropped out. But lucky you, you get to keep your Senator.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Maybe there are conflicting reports on this situation?

It seems Sen. Scott may still be in the race.
In the news today ...

Tim Scott says it’s ‘Iowa or bust’ for his presidential campaign​

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) said Monday it’s “Iowa or bust” for his presidential campaign during an appearance on conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt’s radio show.

Scott suggested in the interview that if he does not do well in the Iowa caucuses in January, it could be the end for his presidential campaign.

“We are excited about where we are,” Scott said. “We have made the decision that it’s Iowa or bust for us, and I’m looking forward to being there.”

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry he dropped out too. I would have totally supported him for President, he would have been my choice.

He seems like a good man, but, in the current political climate, I don't see a "good" moral man getting enough votes to win the Republican nomination, let alone win the general election. So even if Scott were to continue to run, I wouldn't vote for him because I don't believe he can win the presidency.

I know, this doesn't say much for our Country right now, or our political system, but it is what it is.

We had good men running in the 2016 election. Mike Huckabee is one that comes to mind. Rick Santorum, too. Even Rand Paul has some appeal to me. But I wouldn't have voted for any of them either, because I didn't see any of them as being strong enough candidates to potentially beat the Hillary Clinton machine.

I do make pro-life issues a priority when I vote. Once that is decided, I guess I go for putting 'the tiger' in the ring ...

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe there are conflicting reports on this situation?

It seems Sen. Scott may still be in the race.
In the news today ...

Tim Scott says it’s ‘Iowa or bust’ for his presidential campaign​

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) said Monday it’s “Iowa or bust” for his presidential campaign during an appearance on conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt’s radio show.

Scott suggested in the interview that if he does not do well in the Iowa caucuses in January, it could be the end for his presidential campaign.

“We are excited about where we are,” Scott said. “We have made the decision that it’s Iowa or bust for us, and I’m looking forward to being there.”

I hope so!
:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums