Abortion display in Boise...

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
I find this very interesting. The same liberals who advocate abortion which kills well over 1,000,000 (million) children per year, here are concerned that 30 thousand a year are dying from firearms use. And then even voicing their concern over the death of children. So, it's ok to kill children one way and not the other? That is absurd!
"the CDC reports that over 30,000 people die each year from firearms, with numbers as high as 39,000 in 1993. These statistics only get worse when we look at children and youth. According to the CDC:

The U.S. has the highest rate of overall gun death for children under 15 years of age, as compared to the rate for 25 other industrialized countries combined. The same is true for the U.S. death rates for children under 15 years of age from gun suicide, gun homicide and unintentional gun deaths. Compared to these 25 other industrialized countries combined: The U.S. overall gun-related death rate is nearly 12 times higher; The U.S. gun homicide rate is nearly 16 times higher; The U.S. gun suicide rate is nearly 11 times higher; and The U.S. unintentional gun death rate is 9 times higher."

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by strathyboy
"In all the wars the USA has been in, deaths counted on both sides has amounted to 2.3 million soldiers killed. "

Are you kidding? Or are you just ignoring the Civil War, WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam?

Good Lord! I looked at the last thread of this post, and sure enough, the topic of abortion has been turned aruond to be used as yet another anti-war post, with the poster child of all wars being used by some. **sigh** Will it ever stop?
I guess I'll have to read through the entire thread to find out where this opportunistic turning point took place.

John

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
I was refering to war directly between the US and its enemys. Not allies and such.
Besides, does that justtify the ongoing slaughter of well over 1,000,000 (million) babies every year in the USA alone? How many died in war last year in the USA. I do know that well over a million babies died.

Originally posted by brt28006

Actually, although I don't know the exact figures, 2.3 million is highly likely as the total sum of American deaths in war.

620,000 in the civil war (combined total of Federal and Rebel deaths)
120,000 in WW1
350,000 in WW2
55,000 in Korea
55,000 in Vietnam

That's as far as I know, and that doesn't add up to 2.3 mil, so I'm probably wrong.

55,000,000 total died in world war two, 25 million in Russia alone. I think... oh wait, reading Solo's post, "death's on BOTH sides"...
No, we're talking something along the lines of 65 million, maybe higher, if you include both sides for all those wars

Stats about guns.
More people die by falling off of ladders each year than die by guns.
Guns don't even rank among the top 10 accidental death methods in the US.

Upvote 0