A Work in Progress
Feb 2, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟1,594.00
Faith
Christian
Abortion display splits viewers
When Boise State University students go to classes this morning, they will find, on display in the Memorial Plaza, among the most graphic and horrifying photographs some of them will ever have seen in public.
It´s the “Generation Life: Right, Wrong or Justified” exhibit: Twelve murals on 8- by 4-foot panels containing graphic images of the Holocaust and genocides elsewhere in the world, side-by-side with bloody images of aborted fetuses.

They´re sponsored by local evangelical groups and put together by the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform,.....

For some, the photos are a welcome — if sickening — example of the nature of abortion and why they think the procedure should be legally and ethically banned.

For others, they´re an abhorrent breach of morality, aimed at undermining a woman´s right to control her own body while disrespecting the very real horrors experienced by Jews, Native Americans, Rwandans and others.

The exhibit has already caused a rift between the local Jewish community and the Catholics who are supporting it.

Rabbi Daniel Fink said the display exploits the Holocaust and the other mass killings.

“They have no right to use my people´s history for their agenda,” he said. “My people´s history is not theirs to use.”

Still, the pictures are planned to be there today, and every day this week. And though there´s been a swell of support and an outcry of opposition surrounding abortion, there´s also been a rumbling of censorship.

Should a group be allowed to say such inflammatory things? And should BSU allow them space to do so?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts and/or comments on this? I personally believe we need more of the same to point out what an atrocity abortion really is!

Here is a link to read the whole article Abortion display

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Eric,
hows Misty?
allright, I believe that abortion is a horrible thing, that is my belief. I wish I lived there, I would go see this exhibit...I am sure this is going to stir up many feelings, and I think it is making a valid statement by using the other genocide pics as well...once again, another thought provoking, good thread Eric!
Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

tericl2

A Work in Progress
Feb 2, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟1,594.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks Amie.

Misty is doing fine. Just prego stuff, as far as i know! :)

I was hoping for a few more comments on this topic. I guess it is too hot a subject.

i too would like to see the exhibit. Of course to me, there is no difference in the holocaust and what is happening to our children. We should all keep them in our prayers.

Love and blessings to you

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have always thought that many abortions could be avoided, if it was required that the mother had to look upon her child. That will never happen. Because we instead prefer to hide from the sin. For if they do not see the death than it can remain hidden from their hearts and minds. I am thankful that someone has brought this terrible injustice, that is taking away the life of the innocent, out of the closet.

:sigh: LOVE

Upvote 0

tericl2

A Work in Progress
Feb 2, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟1,594.00
Faith
Christian
posted by Crusader Abrahm
eric, i was wondering. do all the Christian men in your area try to constantly try to get something going with women other than there wives?

Okay, i am really trying hard not to get angry about this. I am sure it was just an innocuous comment. Could you please explain it further?

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Crusader Abrahm
answering you question, can we judge what they are doing?
do you know if they got instuction from God? if they did, how can we say they shouldn't do what they are doing?
ah Crusade abraham...
so we meet again? wow I haven't seen you since you were pickin on thinker over in apologetics "a simple debate"...I see some things never change...hmmmm...insults, is that the last bastion for someone who has nothing else intelligent to say? how about you come on over to interfaith, be interested in what you could possibly have to say??? abortion debate is there...I'll take ya on Crusader...I don't think neither Eric or I was judging, but surely you must realize abortion to be a negative thing! but then again, with you, I never know...
Amie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Can't speak for this Abraham Crusader Please, no flaming name calling in this forum. Name calling is not very Christian either is it.
Thank you for your cooperation.
solo66 man.

, but you
posed a very relevant question for those that call
themselves Christian. Is quietly allowing the
atrocity of abortion, staining the Christians of
the U.S. with the aborted children's blood?
That is a question that should widen the debate
a little. I think the Jewish{holocaust} comparison
is quite valid. Moreover, should our silence be
construed as having our approval? Could "war
trials" convict all of us for sitting idly by on the
fence on this issue? If we truly live in a "democracy"
then our silence makes us culpable of a lot. Just
voting for the Republican of choice does not
wash our hands clean of this. Anyone else?
Fish

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Yes, by being silent citizens of a society that makes killing "fetuses" legal, or what ever term, and the
society is "democratic", then we are guilty of quite a lot.
The accepted attitude is to rule off Christians that are
fervent on this topic as extremist, but if it is truly murder,
and the millions of "Christians" in this country are silent,
what does that say about us as a nation, or believers
for that matter?
Fish

Upvote 0

tericl2

A Work in Progress
Feb 2, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟1,594.00
Faith
Christian
brt28006,

However, in order to bring about this advancement, every child born to every American for the next year will have to be aborted, and harvested for their stem cells, tissues, etc.
Does abortion then become justifiable? I say, unequivocally, that it would.

And I say, unequivocally, that it would not be justifiable. Why don't we just start sacrificing to Baal or Marduk again? What you are talking about is nothing more than sacrifice to appease the god of science.

I would also like to add that if they needed "every" child to be born, they would be short at least one. The one my wife and I have on the way now.

Upvote 0

tericl2

A Work in Progress
Feb 2, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟1,594.00
Faith
Christian
originally posted by brt28006
Then, hypothetically, thank you for being the sole reason why humanity is forced to keep on living with disease.

What terrible selfishness.

Yes, it would be terrible selfishness. For you or anyone else to require/demand the death of my child or any child to satisfy the desires of society. For some reason Stalin, Lenin, and Hitler come to mind.

Hitler and the Third Reich believed they were ridding the world of disease too. Hmm, funny how wrong thinking never really changes, just the reasoning behind it.

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by brt28006

Then, hypothetically, thank you for being the sole reason why humanity is forced to keep on living with disease.
What terrible selfishness.
abortion is never justified...how can you justify abortion for being selfish...I disagree with this statement brt28006, and on the contrary I say it is being selfish if we choose to abort in order to salvage other humans from disease, we would then be selfishly choosing one life over another. I believe human life should be preserved, not obliterated in any sense and abortion obliterates no matter how you look at it, the end result is still the same. I do respect your views, but I hardly call a man who cherishes human life, "selfish"...I know eric and Misty well enough to know their take on this, and far from selfish...and of course expecting a fourth only compounds the sensitivity to this issue, but that is all beside the point.
Amie

Upvote 0