Abortion 100% legal in Oregon, and 100% FREE for everyone!!!!

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why would it make you sad. Less money you to pay on their food stamp, welfare and healthcare. It sounds like a fake sadness to me.
Why do you say such horrible things about our fellow poster? Having read his posts in this thread, he seems completely genuine in his concern for these unborn children.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
<sarcasm>Yes, "this is awful"...we should really be forcing girls to raise a child they don't want in sub-par conditions...that'll be so much better for everyone involved.</sarcasm>

Not the child. I'd rather be poor than dead. Your mileage may vary, though.

Gripe about paying for abortions...yet, when these same girls/women don't get abortions and need public assistance to cover the costs of raising the child (since they were shamed out of getting the abortion), then they gripe about that too.
Who is they? This stereotype comes up often, but never with anything to back it up.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who is they? This stereotype comes up often, but never with anything to back it up.

The GOP members who both oppose abortion, but at the same time oppose social safety nets and comprehensive sex-ed and birth control availability.

People need to realize that the "abstinence only" push is never going to work...people are going to have sex.

So to take a position where you oppose
-Comprehensive sex ed
-Subsidized birth control
-Social Safety nets
...simultaneously, isn't a realistic position to take if your goal is to reduce the number of abortions.

• Agree
Reactions: Moral Orel
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The GOP members who both oppose abortion, but at the same time oppose social safety nets and comprehensive sex-ed and birth control availability.
You mean politicians? Yeah, all politicians are lying scumbags.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean politicians? Yeah, all politicians are lying scumbags.

It's not just them...there are republicans who take that stance as well.

"I don't want them talking about sex in schools"
"I don't want my tax dollars or insurance money to pay for someone else's birth control"
"I don't want my money to go toward welfare for someone else's kids"

Yet, those same people on the topic of abortion

"Abortion is evil, people shouldn't do it".

I say, you can't have it both ways...people are going to have sex, other people just need to get used to that idea. Not everyone shares the same odd obsession with virginity that some religious folks do...from a pragmatic point of view, they just need to acknowledge that it happens and try to address it from a realistic point of view.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are not enough healthy babies to meet the need for wanting to adopt a baby. Not all adoptive parents are prepared to raise an older child.

Not only that...but there are people who will get on a waiting list for babies of a certain color while other babies don't get adopted.

The argument we get from many pro-life folks "there are plenty of people looking to adopt" is a bit of a disingenuous one. A more accurate statement would be "there's plenty of upper-middle class white couples looking to adopt white babies as long as they look the right way and they're under 6 months of age".

Obviously that's not all people looking to adopt...but it's a large number. My aunt worked at an adoption agency & foster care facility for quite some time, and she said it was disheartening how often there would be a 6 month waiting list for a baby that "looked a certain way", while dozens of others wouldn't get picked and end up getting transferred to foster care.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can continue to believe what you want and maybe universal care does work where you live. I just have my doubts that a country as large in population as the US can do it.

If only that had been your lead argument.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My perspective is - My mother told me about my g/grandmother who was raped at age 15 and had a child from that assault. Her child was taken from her at birth because Im told that was the thing that was done. The explanation I got was that although she was the victim, it was the girl that always bore the shame of it and all the more so if you bore a child out of wedlock. This level of shame was very prevalent in her church I was told.

I also know that women had other types of severe circumstances that gave them a belief that child birth was simply not an option (whether you approve of them or not). Historically then they sought out very poor practitioners and many women died as a result.

If chritians want to advocate strongly to outlaw abortions (which I tentatively support), then women will seek poor alternatives. To counter this christians must shift from screaming outside clinics and shaming young women, to maximising support and encouragement for the young girls in these situations. There is some of that available in some countries. But if you truly want this to be outlawed then be prepared to step up way way way more in every country...not just rich western countries.... ie its the saying "put up or shut up" and not just in our rich countries.

Why not just our rich countries?...because for every abortion there is 1000X the number of unecessary fetal and infant deaths due to trauma and starvation in countries like nth and sth sudan, somalia and ethiopia. This discussion should NOT be about the value of childrens lives... oh but just in wealthy countries!!!

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do you say such horrible things about our fellow poster? Having read his posts in this thread, he seems completely genuine in his concern for these unborn children.
I spoke nothing but the truth. You guy claim to care about unborn fetuses all you want. But you block all the help, (that poor babies and kids) that or born can receive. So you really only pretend to care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That's really not a problem. Insurers won't say it, but it's much cheaper to cover a first trimester abortion, than to pay for 9 months of pre-natal care, labor, and delivery costs.

It will save us taxpayers money too. Will also help with population control and reduce global warming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In ordinary circumstances, it is a form of artificial contraception and isn't allowed any more than other forms because it perverts sex from it's intended purpose. But rape is already perverted so it's not a sin to try to defend yourself from the consequences of it, such as by using plan B or such.

I'm glad the RCC allows emergency contraception to be offered to rape victims. It's the right thing to do. But you have to admit that reasoning is pretty janky for a traditionalistic religious institution. It's saying that one perverse act may sometimes justify another. I didn't think a conservative church would adopt situational ethics.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I spoke nothing but the truth. You guy claim to care about unborn fetuses all you want. But you block all the help, (that poor babies and kids) that or born can receive. So you really only pretend to care.
You know nothing about me.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Killing someone is not valid medical care.
If you really think a small clump of cells is someone, you're free not to get an abortion. But that's hardly a universal view - it is one of many valid opinions on the subject.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know nothing about me.
I'm sure you're like every pro birth person. You care until they're born. Then it's time to cut them off. Unless they are severely brain dead . And then we must waste millions to save that person. But helping a child get food , insurance and a roof over a healthy poor child. Is a big no-no.

• Agree
Reactions: plugh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Really? Do pro-lifers discourage single mothers from getting married, or from working? Failures in the welfare structure do that.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Really? Do pro-lifers discourage single mothers from getting married, or from working? Failures in the welfare structure do that.
Seriously? CCW accused pro-lifers of not caring enough to help, and your retort is: "they should take care of themselves!"? You're proving her point man...

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you're like every pro birth person. You care until they're born. Then it's time to cut them off. Unless they are severely brain dead . And then we must waste millions to save that person. But helping a child get food , insurance and a roof over a healthy poor child. Is a big no-no.
No, you clearly know nothing about me. But I have no interest in continuing this conversation. It's been interesting hearing your thoughts, though we disagree on most. I hope you have a good day.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

If a woman can't afford to raise a child then she should keep her legs closed.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,519.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If a woman can't afford to raise a child then she should keep her legs closed.

I have a better idea. If a woman can't afford a child she can do whatever she wishes and those who do not like it can mind their own business. Freedom, such a wonderful concept.

Upvote 0