Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this is a vision, as I am still merely seeking Gods will. But the vision has appeared twice now in a matter of a week. Strong, as though I need to share it. Hopefully, someone can tell me if it is, and what it means.

I see a large tall mountain, shaped some what like a large round base coming almost to a point at the top that has a beautiful area that can look out over the world. At the bottom, people are surrounding the mountain at all areas of the base. Jesus (God?) gives one of the people a piece of paper. He says "I have been to the top, and want all of you to follow this map to get there. It will show you the areas along the way where jagged rocks and slippery slopes will tend to make it harder for you to reach the top, and you must be prepared for them, as to find a way around them".

Now all people start to ascend the mountain. But not all follow the one with the piece of paper. Each basically starts up the mountain their own way. And these that start their own way, get part way up the mountain, climbing and scratching, only to be stopped and thwarted by other hanging rocks and slippery slopes, and eventually fall from their own paths back down the mountain. While the one with the paper, see's the obstacles, maneuvers around them and makes it too the top. Eventually, some who chose their own path make it to the top as well, though much later, and with signs that showed that they had been through some treacherous events. Most that started do not make it. Many do though, and not just the one with the paper, though he is first, clean and unharmed.

Does anyone see a message here? I think I see the untouched man as following Christ. But he doesn't have a Bible. Just a piece of paper, like a map.

I just feel like I had to share this, for it may be for someone else.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you put many different paths together, it can no longer be called the "narrow way"

I see a hint of New Age theme in your vision. I don't accuse you of being a New Ager but perhaps a spirit whom New Agers acknowledge is trying to deceive you.

Jesus - God's Word becoming flesh is actually the narrow way. There is only one road, one Jesus, everything else is counterfeit/false.

You had a vision alright... ...But the question you must ask is that whether it's from God the Father or from Satan.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What is New Age? And what part of it is New Age? The one person who has the paper follows the instructions to reach the top, and makes it unscathed. All of the many around the bottom, just start where they are without the paper, and go up the mountain. Instead of walking around the base, to go up the way Jesus says to on the paper, they think they can save time bee lining up from where they are, creating an alternate path (I guess). But because they didn't follow the proven path, they fall from the mountain, when they get part way up, from trying to overcome obstacles.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It definately seems to be a message.

What I get from it is that the mountain could be life, heaven, or even the Gospel. The paper, or map, is just that - instructions on how to reach the top. I would liken that to the scriptures, but maybe it refers to something else. Those who follow the instructions reach the top. The others get lost along the way.

Very interesting.

:)

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are three possibilities,
1. This dream is from a dark power which is trying to trick you.
2. God is giving you instructions for some reason
3. The dream is a reflection of your own understanding.
It is up to you to discern which of the three this is. Read the Bible and pray CONSTANTLY. See if the dream comes back or changes. You may even find a Bible verse that seems to apply to this specific situation. Remember that anything God is telling you to do will be consistent with His word (the Bible.) Also, remember that the Bible's message is not about following a set of rules. The Bible's message is that Christ takes all who accept His sacrifice to Heaven. Does this fit with the dream?
I will pray for God to give you understanding concerning this dream, and that you will always remember to serve God alone.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What is New Age? And what part of it is New Age? The one person who has the paper follows the instructions to reach the top, and makes it unscathed. All of the many around the bottom, just start where they are without the paper, and go up the mountain. Instead of walking around the base, to go up the way Jesus says to on the paper, they think they can save time bee lining up from where they are, creating an alternate path (I guess). But because they didn't follow the proven path, they fall from the mountain, when they get part way up, from trying to overcome obstacles.

You said it in your OP, the ones who chose their own paths, made it to the top although it took longer, but they made it.

If we were to compare your vision against God's Word, we will see a different fate to those who will not thread the "narrow way".

Why I said that your vision may have come from the New Age movement is that it more fits their idea of spirituality:

"The New Age aims to create "a spirituality without borders or confining dogmas" that is inclusive and pluralistic"

Source:
New Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It certainly seem to fit your vision that you can follow a different path, perhaps a different religion and still may be saved. Delayed but in the matters of eternity, delays are irrelevant.

It is up to you to discern which of the three this is. Read the Bible and pray CONSTANTLY. See if the dream comes back or changes. You may even find a Bible verse that seems to apply to this specific situation. Remember that anything God is telling you to do will be consistent with His word (the Bible.)

As a believer, you must be able to discern it too whether it's other's vision, or yours, otherwise, how are we able to fend off/recognize evil spirits trying to deceive us or false teachers?

If Phantasman's vision came to you instead, would you have discerned it yourself?

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as "discerning through feelings". How incredibly deceptive even our own feelings are!

Also, remember that the Bible's message is not about following a set of rules. The Bible's message is that Christ takes all who accept His sacrifice to Heaven. Does this fit with the dream?

True, following God's Words in a religious manner may not be enough...

...You have to love it like loving the rules of golf if you play or addicted to golfing, or following the rules of how to look as fashionable as possible if you are obsessed with how you look.

An golfer loves the rules of golf and follow them passionately, a fashionista loves the rules of fashion and follows them passionately, a Christian loves the Word of God and follows them passionately... Am I wrong there?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus only taught one doctrine which is like a key. Miss even just one notch then you won't be able to open the door to God's Kingdom.

If things doesn't check out well, I guess you might have to learn accept that not all visions come from God. Believe me, I had my share of visions from deceiving spirits too. I didn't know it's a deception at first, some even took me years before I realized the deception... Well it took me years of contemplating until I finally took God's Words seriously to figure out the deception.

...Don't think being a Christian makes you immune from deceiving spirits, otherwise, everything Jesus and the disciples taught and warned against seducing spirits and false prophets would have been in vain.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this is a vision, as I am still merely seeking Gods will. But the vision has appeared twice now in a matter of a week. Strong, as though I need to share it. Hopefully, someone can tell me if it is, and what it means.

I see a large tall mountain, shaped some what like a large round base coming almost to a point at the top that has a beautiful area that can look out over the world. At the bottom, people are surrounding the mountain at all areas of the base. Jesus (God?) gives one of the people a piece of paper. He says "I have been to the top, and want all of you to follow this map to get there. It will show you the areas along the way where jagged rocks and slippery slopes will tend to make it harder for you to reach the top, and you must be prepared for them, as to find a way around them".

Now all people start to ascend the mountain. But not all follow the one with the piece of paper. Each basically starts up the mountain their own way. And these that start their own way, get part way up the mountain, climbing and scratching, only to be stopped and thwarted by other hanging rocks and slippery slopes, and eventually fall from their own paths back down the mountain. While the one with the paper, see's the obstacles, maneuvers around them and makes it too the top. Eventually, some who chose their own path make it to the top as well, though much later, and with signs that showed that they had been through some treacherous events. Most that started do not make it. Many do though, and not just the one with the paper, though he is first, clean and unharmed.

Does anyone see a message here? I think I see the untouched man as following Christ. But he doesn't have a Bible. Just a piece of paper, like a map.

This is definitely just my opinion BUT as you say, the one following the map represents those Christians who put their faith in Jesus while the many people who choose their own paths are all others, including many Christians.

Those that make it to the top are those that survive judgment. God will be merciful on those who have mercy. This means that people can reach heaven, through grace, because they have loved others, regardless of their religion.

Several years ago, God gave me a revelation of scripture. I was reading in the NT when I heard the Spirit say, The Tree of Life is Jesus, the Tree of Knowledge is the Law, and the Tower of Babel represents all of those people who try to achieve heaven through their own efforts, including many Christians.

The Tower of Babel part is similar to your vision. Many Christians do not understand how to walk in the Spirit of God and continue to try and justify themselves through obedience of the 10 Commandments or some to the whole Mosaic Law. To walk in the Spirit of God is to embrace the cross and turn everything over to Jesus.

God Bless,
YD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What if the different people represent the different Christian doctrines? Not all made it to the top. Most didn't.

That seems like a valid interpretation of the dream as well. Then it would mean that God has given instructions to one of the groups that allows them to ascend to the top. Which would make it very important to find that group and learn from them.

:)

Upvote 0
R

rEACHout4all

Aha,
very mysterious vision.

I think its for anyone with ears to hear.

I first thought of a person who has no senses that knows God more than anyone else.

Then, I thought about a new thread in UT called, "devil inspired scripture".
Its based on Matthew 4:6.

Your vision is good stuff man.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting post Phantasm. I just had a powerful dream about a mountain last night actually. I have no idea how yours should be classified but it seems to be pointing to the importance of having accurate knowledge to accomplish a certain goal represented by the climbing of the mountain. Information or knowledge that would work as an effective map and points out possible pitfalls so you can navigate around them. The other people seemed to be trying to wing it and running into all sorts of problems. I would assume the letter might represent gnosis or revelation. The other people lacking gnosis went about the climb in a blind manner.

What specific goal was represented by reaching the top of the mountain I'm not really sure.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Interesting post Phantasm. I just had a powerful dream about a mountain last night actually. I have no idea how yours should be classified but it seems to be pointing to the importance of having accurate knowledge to accomplish a certain goal represented by the climbing of the mountain. Information or knowledge that would work as an effective map and points out possible pitfalls so you can navigate around them. The other people seemed to be trying to wing it and running into all sorts of problems. I would assume the letter might represent gnosis or revelation. The other people lacking gnosis went about the climb in a blind manner.

What specific goal was represented by reaching the top of the mountain I'm not really sure.

I don't know, Ish. I had it a few times, and could see the people climbing, falling, getting back up and trying again. The top was green, a flattened out area. The sides of the mountain were rugged, and brown. I don't even know if it was a vision, but a clear thought that I seemed to be lost in. Waiting to see an end, or a result (which never came) other than the man with the paper walking in the green area and a few others, though they were dirty and had scratches from the obstacles.

I'm still perplexed, as it happened twice with the same clarity, like a movie.

May just be stress.^_^

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The sides of the mountain were rugged, and brown.

That's how the mountain in my dream looked too. It was a really steep incline. Brown and desolate looking with no trees or vegetation on it. Some parts of the side had the outer layer of rock removed by human hands and underneath it was this see through crystal that kind of looked like amber. Within the crystal/amber were humans. One of them had four arms which looked rather odd. Then some voice told me that all mountains are hollow. Then I could see through the mountain and there was the ocean on the other side. It was a strange dream.

I'm still perplexed, as it happened twice with the same clarity, like a movie.

If it happened twice it must be important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
rock-amber-people
flesh-soul-spirit

the mountain is the age, the tribulation the christians have in this world.

amber is or was a living substance but then it became not alive and hardens and becomes more kin to a non-living substance such as rocks. but at the same time the spark of God, the true self, the spirit is preserved in the amber. I wonder what the 4 armed thing means... perhaps it means 2 arms of the human and 2 arms of the divine who made the 2 one, I mean Jesus Christ the God-man was so that we be the man-god...

thinking about the mountain and people getting hurt...
the spiritual condition of stony hearts damage people who are spirits in flesh. this could be partly what the mountain of humanity that is hurting others that don't know how to climb it mean. another thing that comes to mind concerning the mountain hurting people is:
mark 5:5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

the only kind of sacrifice acceptable to God are those without blemish, so those who made it to the top still are not as the one that did not get hurt at all therefore I see 3 kinds of people. those who did not make it, those who made it but with injury and the perfect one who made it perfectly. so the one who kept the paper that Jesus gave seems to have been a pretty spiritual dude. what a great honor for Jesus to hand him the paper too.

mountains are hollow, seems like an type for an illusion or like we are containers for God and God fills all things... perhaps this ocean is a type for God? if the ocean held up the mountain that would more convince me that it was a sign for God because the book of hermas has a vision where something is held up by water. or if you saw through the mountain and saw the ocean, sometimes ocean is a type for the peoples of the world I think? so that could show that the mountain is the world.

i'm sure there are many ways to understand that dream and vision.

if something happened twice then the number 2 might have a lot to do with the vision. the tree of knowledge of good and evil is so much division in the human soul and this would seem to me to show the various peoples that failed to one degree or another. but the tree of life is one even if there you see 2, Jesus and the perfect one that went to the top.

I think the 3 kinds of people could be types for flesh, soul, and spirit. the soulish people are better than the flesh but the spiritual would be the greatest type of person. but the soul is the middle guy... he can become better or worse which might show that the hurt ones that made it to the top were those soulish people that were more advancing to the spiritual rather than downwards and solidifying more into a rock nature which would be those more soulish types that were more weighted down by flesh of which we know no pure flesh made it according to my understanding of this vision and dream. because amber can be sap, which is more alive or its other state is solid which is more close to spiritually dead nature, and again the soul can either grow cold or hot depending on which direction she goes.

also how I view the soul and spirit relationship. originally they were one but at one point eve was taken out of adam. eve is the soul and adam is the spirit. when sap gets taken out of a tree its nature changes. then it changes further when it gets fossilized. i believe the soul came before the body. the calamity of the fossilization shows the age we are in though, that of the fleshly/material existence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

The piece of paper that Jesus or God gives to one person contains the correct interpretation of the bible. The message is that God is going to raise up a deliverer or possibly a body of believers who will have 100 percent correct interpretation of the bible, and christians will either follow him or continue down their own paths to desctruction, by adhereing to their numerous false doctrines that won't save them from the horrible times comming.. There is only one correct understanding of the bible, and this person will have it. We will know this because of the holy spirit in us, those of us that are spirit filled that is, will reveal to us the truth in what this person will say. This person will be led by God and sent by God to lead God's people out of darkness of false doctrines into the unity of the faith once deliverd to the apostles. That person is out there right now, and his day is comming.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The piece of paper that Jesus or God gives to one person contains the correct interpretation of the bible. The message is that God is going to raise up a deliverer or possibly a body of believers who will have 100 percent correct interpretation of the bible, and christians will either follow him or continue down their own paths to desctruction, by adhereing to their numerous false doctrines that won't save them from the horrible times comming.. There is only one correct understanding of the bible, and this person will have it. We will know this because of the holy spirit in us, those of us that are spirit filled that is, will reveal to us the truth in what this person will say. This person will be led by God and sent by God to lead God's people out of darkness of false doctrines into the unity of the faith once deliverd to the apostles. That person is out there right now, and his day is comming.
Hello,
2Pe_3:17
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
rock-amber-people
flesh-soul-spirit

the mountain is the age, the tribulation the christians have in this world.

amber is or was a living substance but then it became not alive and hardens and becomes more kin to a non-living substance such as rocks. but at the same time the spark of God, the true self, the spirit is preserved in the amber. I wonder what the 4 armed thing means... perhaps it means 2 arms of the human and 2 arms of the divine who made the 2 one, I mean Jesus Christ the God-man was so that we be the man-god...

thinking about the mountain and people getting hurt...
the spiritual condition of stony hearts damage people who are spirits in flesh. this could be partly what the mountain of humanity that is hurting others that don't know how to climb it mean. another thing that comes to mind concerning the mountain hurting people is:
mark 5:5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

the only kind of sacrifice acceptable to God are those without blemish, so those who made it to the top still are not as the one that did not get hurt at all therefore I see 3 kinds of people. those who did not make it, those who made it but with injury and the perfect one who made it perfectly. so the one who kept the paper that Jesus gave seems to have been a pretty spiritual dude. what a great honor for Jesus to hand him the paper too.

mountains are hollow, seems like an type for an illusion or like we are containers for God and God fills all things... perhaps this ocean is a type for God? if the ocean held up the mountain that would more convince me that it was a sign for God because the book of hermas has a vision where something is held up by water. or if you saw through the mountain and saw the ocean, sometimes ocean is a type for the peoples of the world I think? so that could show that the mountain is the world.

i'm sure there are many ways to understand that dream and vision.

if something happened twice then the number 2 might have a lot to do with the vision. the tree of knowledge of good and evil is so much division in the human soul and this would seem to me to show the various peoples that failed to one degree or another. but the tree of life is one even if there you see 2, Jesus and the perfect one that went to the top.

I think the 3 kinds of people could be types for flesh, soul, and spirit. the soulish people are better than the flesh but the spiritual would be the greatest type of person. but the soul is the middle guy... he can become better or worse which might show that the hurt ones that made it to the top were those soulish people that were more advancing to the spiritual rather than downwards and solidifying more into a rock nature which would be those more soulish types that were more weighted down by flesh of which we know no pure flesh made it according to my understanding of this vision and dream. because amber can be sap, which is more alive or its other state is solid which is more close to spiritually dead nature, and again the soul can either grow cold or hot depending on which direction she goes.

also how I view the soul and spirit relationship. originally they were one but at one point eve was taken out of adam. eve is the soul and adam is the spirit. when sap gets taken out of a tree its nature changes. then it changes further when it gets fossilized. i believe the soul came before the body. the calamity of the fossilization shows the age we are in though, that of the fleshly/material existence.

WOW. I got shivers and a tear in my eye reading this. It's as though you saw it as well. I have never been a visionary type of guy. But I felt I had to relate this for some reason. And you surely hit a nerve as I read what you were saying.

I didn't think this as deep as you took it. I have been trying to think about what could be on the paper of the one who made it unscathed. Maybe nothing, blank. It's just that it was given to him by ? (God, Jesus, angel) and his faith is all he needed. I don't know.

Upvote 0