A video game question

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello yogi,

after reading your post, I don't think that I would be worried about the description of a race on WOW, but rather be more worried about playing video games in the first place.

I read your post and video games are something that i have had a problem with in my life. I used to play them a lot and get to the point where i would be so angry playing the games (For Honour, mostly) that i would destroy my controller and even my t.v. one time.

I did look for scripture to help me with this problem and found what the bible says about the use of our free time:

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."
Ephesians 5:15-17

or:

“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

1 Corinthians 10:23.

i had to ask myself if playing video games was the best use of my time or what God would want me to do. It wasn't easy to stop and i still get the urge to play video games, but i will not buy a controller, because i know the temptation would be too great if i did.

I hope this helps, and i will pray for you over this.

Exactly. I've been playing video games since I was a year old and have been good with computers and computer games since I was about seven. If video games completely take over your life and walk with God than by all means, quit them. Some people just cannot stop playing video games like I cannot stop eating (I eat a lot lol) and I too struggled with a gaming addiction like I said before. Like I told him if he's playing for large hours out of the day, he needs to quit because it isn't healthy for you for one and two, it deters your walk with God. But, if you use video games a few hours a day to help with your relationship with God than there's nothing wrong with it.

Video games aren't inherently sinful in themselves. It's what you do with them that matters in your Christian walk. Except GTA. I'll always say GTA is a horribly bad video game for a Christian to play and shouldn't be under debate or question lol.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read all of this and I agree playing any game, watching TV or any and all distractions from HaShem can take us away from loving Him with heart, Mind and Soul. I can't say anything about WOW because I never played that game. Still I know on Sabbath I tend to read only those books with a ethical or moral or righteous theme. People fall short, but that is part of the lesson.

I also know that not everyone can walk a tight walk in holiness and I serious doubt the Merciful L-rd will condemn your soul to sheol if you play games from time to time so long as they do not rule you and your heart.

For this reason I would say build variety into your games, play one per week and limit how often and why. For example, I play a game while waiting for something. But discipline is stopping and shutting it down when that time limit is reached.

Thus games or any distraction does not effect my work load, my prayer time or my interactions with family. Thus by understanding why I played games, I was able to order, discipline and limit my play time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a lot of time on my hands now, and before that, I spent a lot of time away from all of these things for a very long time, etc, and I instead spent a lot of a lot of time in and with scripture before that almost constantly, etc, and I do mean almost constantly, etc...

I did the whole wife, family, kids thing already, and now I'm single and alone, and it's wintertime right now, and almost nobody calls or comes to see me, etc, and I'm disabled, etc, and I don't watch much TV anymore due to that disability also, etc, so I went back to some things from my youth (some video games) (but I'm very picky) and it has brought me some comfort and joy recently, etc, and has reminded me of my youth, as I had kind of lost track of that somewhere along the way, etc...

I don't spend all of my time with video games either, in fact, I purchased the one I am playing right now (Dragon Quest) almost two years ago, and it has just been sitting on my shelf, and I just recently picked it up and dusted it off now and got into it now more recently, etc...

It is that way for me with a lot of things sometimes, especially entertainment, etc, they can sometimes sit on my shelf for a long while before I even try them, or try them out, or try to watch them and/or play them, etc...

But, I can't count how many times I've been over a lot of the Bible, etc, in my background, etc, under my belt, etc...

But, even over playing video games, I probably listen to music more, or the most, most of all, etc, (You should see my Pandora playlists or account, etc)...

Anyway, and it's wintertime right now, but when the seasons change, and the weather starts getting better, I always get outside a lot during those seasons, etc, a lot during those seasons, etc...

I don't have a car or license either, etc, so that limits me as well, etc...

I get my Bible out from time to time, but now I mainly listen to it a lot now, etc, with my Audio Bible app, etc, as I've been over most of it, many, many times already, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a lot of time on my hands now, and before that, I spent a lot of time away from all of these things for a very long time, etc, and I instead spent a lot of a lot of time in and with scripture before that almost constantly, etc, and I do mean almost constantly, etc...

I did the whole wife, family, kids thing already, and now I'm single and alone, and it's wintertime right now, and almost nobody calls or comes to see me, etc, and I'm disabled, etc, and I don't watch much TV anymore due to that disability also, etc, so I went back to some things from my youth (some video games) (but I'm very picky) and it has brought me some comfort and joy recently, etc, and has reminded me of my youth, as I had kind of lost track of that somewhere along the way, etc...

I don't spend all of my time with video games either, in fact, I purchased the one I am playing right now (Dragon Quest) almost two years ago, and it has just been sitting on my shelf, and I just recently picked it up and dusted it off now and got into it now more recently, etc...

It is that way for me with a lot of things sometimes, especially entertainment, etc, they can sometimes sit on my shelf for a long while before I even try them, or try them out, or try to watch them and/or play them, etc...

But, I can't count how many times I've been over a lot of the Bible, etc, in my background, etc, under my belt, etc...

But, even over playing video games, I probably listen to music more, or the most, most of all, etc, (You should see my Pandora playlists or account, etc)...

Anyway, and it's wintertime right now, but when the seasons change, and the weather starts getting better, I always get outside a lot during those seasons, etc, a lot during those seasons, etc...

I don't have a car or license either, etc, so that limits me as well, etc...

I get my Bible out from time to time, but now I mainly listen to it a lot now, etc, with my Audio Bible app, etc, as I've been over most of it, many, many times already, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
Oh and my disability also greatly limits me in how much I can be around people socially as well, also socially, etc, even if they did want to be around me or have anything to do with me socially, etc, so I have a lot of time on my hands, and a lot of time alone on my hands, a lot lately, etc...

And for me, getting back into some video games recently has been good for me (and to me) recently, etc...

It's not nearly "all that I do", or "all that I spend all of my time doing" though, etc...

Anyway,

Oh, and I was completely homeless and on the streets for a while more recently too, and finally just got back to some stability in my life now finally also, etc, after a lot of hard work, etc...

And there definitely wasn't any "playing video games" then, that much I can tell you for sure, etc...

So it's a privilege for me now, and it's a privilege I plan on enjoying, etc...

And it kind of takes me back to my youth, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Preface
I have spent most of my life gaming. Forty plus years, from the earliest games to present-day, so I have a complete perspective on the subject.

Conviction
If you're convicted in your heart, it's the Holy Spirit telling you that you need to pause and assess the situation.

The Ten Commandments will help you come to some conclusions on gaming. The first four teach us how to love God. The last six teach us how to love others.

How to love God.
  • 1. Have no other gods before Him.
  • 2. Do not make idols of any thing in our known reality.
When you allow something to become more important than God in your life, you are convicted by the first two commandments. Any thing can become so important in your life that you literally worship it over God. You put more importance on it in your life than you do God. It should be noted that false worship is actually promoted in games, with deities, altars and so on.​
  • 3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain.
Taking the Lord's name in vain is professing to be a Christian, but not living as a Christian; thus giving God a bad name by setting a bad example for others. Forsaking God for worldly things, in other words.​
  • 4. Worship Him as He specified.
God gives us a complete outline of worship. If we are not taking time to worship Him, but instead allowing any thing to rule our lives, to the point of not worshiping the Lord every week, then it is indeed breaking the first three and fourth commandments.​

How to love others.
  • 5. Honor your mother and father.
This applies to both kids living at home and adults living on their own. We never stop respecting our parents and listening to them. If you are disobeying your parents (while living at home) and doing things behind their back, or muttering under your breath, especially because of a thing in your life you deem important (gaming, for instance), you are most likely guilty of this commandment.​
  • 6. Do not kill.
  • 7. Do not commit adultery.
  • 8. Do not steal.
  • 9. Do not lie.
  • 10. Do not covet.
We know that killing (murder), adultery, stealing, lying and coveting are all bad.
  • Killing in games desensitizes you to violence and death and cheapens the precious gift of life.
  • Adultery and fornication in games validates them in your mind.
  • Stealing is a popular game mechanic, even a genre (stealth typically includes theft).
  • Lying to NPC's often gets you a more desirous result. This is by design.
  • A big part of gaming is covetousness. Coveting the newest game. Coveting loot or gear.
Why do we accept them in gaming? The truth is we relish them.

And what of the abominations listed in the Bible? Magic, for instance? Equally as enticing and equally as sinful.

"But it's just entertainment.", is the excuse I hear in ever post. "These things aren't harmful. They're harmless entertainment." These are the lies we tell ourselves, to keep ourselves convinced that we're doing nothing wrong. It frees our conscience to pursue our worldly desires.

Satan's Snares
It isn't just gaming!

The truth is, Satan and his fallen angels have had thousands of years to develop his diversionary tactics, his many ways of getting us to worship false gods and make idols. The entertainment you consume: TV shows, music, movies, sports, gaming... it's all a diversion to keep you from God. These forms of entertainment pump a steady diet of sin into your mind.

If you have been alive in the last several decades, you may have noticed that societal norms have been flipped. It didn't happen on its own. Entertainment has been pushing ideas into peoples heads, shaping the future generation(s) and how they think.

Don't think for a second that Satan isn't using technology for his greatest work.

Being Honest with Ourselves
Where does that leave us as Christians?

We need to recognize Satanic influence for what it is and not allow these things to be let into our lives, into our minds. These things are designed to pull us away from our Christian walk. Satan just needs a foot in the door.

What do we do? We remove the things from our lives we know are bad for us.

Does this mean we have to quit gaming altogether? Yes. We need to be honest and forthright with ourselves and make reasoned conclusions about what we're doing and how it affects our Christian walk.

MMORPG's by their very nature are time sinks. They're designed to pull you in and keep you playing. Can we honestly say as Christians that it's okay to spend long hours playing a game? I don't think so.

My Own Life Changes
Did I quit gaming? Yes and no. I quit cold turkey, but I still get drawn back into it on occasion. It's not an addiction any more, thankfully. I go weeks even months now without touching a game. It is fading away and will eventually be gone; it's practically gone now.

My own conviction: To be our best Christian selves, we need to let go of these things.

TL;DR
Most, if not all, of the world's entertainment is depraved. It's a Satanic diversion from our Christian walk. This includes gaming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Preface
I have spent most of my life gaming. Forty plus years, from the earliest games to present-day, so I have a complete perspective on the subject.

Gaming and the Christian
The Ten Commandments will help you come to some conclusions on gaming. The first four teach us how to love God. The last six teach us how to love others.

How to love God.
  • 1. Have no other gods before Him.
  • 2. Do not make idols of any thing in our known reality.
When you allow something to become more important than God in your life, you are convicted by the first two commandments. Any thing can become so important in your life that you literally worship it over God. You put more importance on it in your life than you do God. It should be noted that false worship is actually promoted in games, with deities, altars and so on.​
  • 3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain.
Taking the Lord's name in vain is professing to be a Christian, but not living as a Christian; thus giving God a bad name by setting a bad example for others. Forsaking God for worldly things, in other words.​
  • 4. Worship Him as He specified.
God gives us a complete outline of worship. If we are not taking time to worship Him, but instead allowing any thing to rule our lives, to the point of not worshiping the Lord every week, then it is indeed breaking the first three and fourth commandments.​

How to love others.
  • 5. Honor your mother and father.
This applies to both kids living at home and adults living on their own. We never stop respecting our parents and listening to them. If you are disobeying your parents (while living at home) and doing things behind their back, or muttering under your breath, especially because of a thing in your life you deem important (gaming, for instance), you are most likely guilty of this commandment.​
  • 6. Do not kill.
  • 7. Do not commit adultery.
  • 8. Do not steal.
  • 9. Do not lie.
  • 10. Do not covet.
We know that killing (murder), adultery, stealing, lying and coveting are all bad.
  • Killing in games desensitizes you to violence and death and cheapens the precious gift of life.
  • Adultery and fornication in games validates them in your mind.
  • Stealing is a popular game mechanic, even a genre (stealth typically includes theft).
  • Lying to NPC's often gets you a more desirous result. This is by design.
  • A big part of gaming is covetousness. Coveting the newest game. Coveting loot or gear.
Why do we accept them in gaming? The truth is we relish them.

And what of the abominations listed in the Bible? Magic, for instance? Equally as enticing and equally as sinful.

"But it's just entertainment.", is the excuse I hear in ever post. "These things aren't harmful. They're harmless entertainment." These are the lies we tell ourselves, to keep ourselves convinced that we're doing nothing wrong. It frees our conscience to pursue our worldly desires.

Satan's Snares
It isn't just gaming!

The truth is, Satan has had thousands of years to develop his diversionary tactics, his many ways of getting us to worship false gods and make idols. The entertainment you consume: TV shows, music, movies, sports, gaming... it's all a diversion to keep you from God. These forms of entertainment pump a steady diet of sin into your mind.

If you have been alive in the last several decades, you may have noticed that societal norms have been flipped. It didn't happen on its own. Entertainment has been pushing ideas into peoples heads, shaping the future generation(s) and how they think.

Don't think for a second that Satan isn't using technology for his greatest work.

Conclusion
Where does that leave us as Christians?

We need to recognize Satanic influence for what it is and not allow these things to be let into our lives, into our minds. These things are designed to pull us away from our Christian walk. Satan just needs a foot in the door.

What do we do? We remove the things from our lives we know are bad for us.

Does this mean we have to quit gaming? No. It does, however, mean that we need to be honest and forthright with ourselves and make reasoned conclusions about what we're doing. What games we choose to play. How much time we spend in them. MMORPG's by their very nature are time sinks. They're designed to pull you in and keep you playing. Can we honestly say as Christians that it's okay to spend long hours playing a game? I don't think so.

What games do I play? I play open world, sandbox, crafting and building, manufacturing and distribution games that don't require killing or use of magic.

How do I limit my time? I don't allow myself to become addicted to the game. I spend an hour or two and then I quit. I don't play every day. I limit it to an occasional leisure activity.

What do I do to get rid of the addiction of gaming? I spend time doing God's work. Answering questions like yours on various forums. I keep my mind on God, which keeps me focused on Christian things and not worldly things.

If you're convicted in your heart, it's the Holy Spirit telling you that you need to pause and assess the situation.

On the surface, gaming is harmless fun. On a much deeper level, it's Satanic influence, from the ruler of this world. If you look a little deeper, you will see the esoteric symbols in games, the depraved themes, the story of the cross twisted into a counterfeit revenge tale; Satan as the hero and God/Jesus as the villain (just about every action movie with a revenge theme as well), the idolatry and spiritualism; the list goes on.

Satan has an "8-track cassette" of subtle diversion (8-tracks plays endlessly). It's up to us to recognize it for what it is and steer clear of it. Many Christians will tell you it's okay to play games with sinful themes, for long hours a day, but the discerning eye sees it all for what it is.
I appreciate your warnings, but just want to say to you just this one thing, and maybe you will reflect on it a little bit yourself maybe, etc...

And that is just this one scripture only where it says, "Whatever is not of faith is sin", etc... (Romans 14:23)...

Cause that, in my opinion, should be an individual by individual general rule for just about anything, etc...

Whether it is meat sacrificed to idols, or entertainment, or maybe just about anything else, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. I've been playing video games since I was a year old and have been good with computers and computer games since I was about seven. If video games completely take over your life and walk with God than by all means, quit them. Some people just cannot stop playing video games like I cannot stop eating (I eat a lot lol) and I too struggled with a gaming addiction like I said before. Like I told him if he's playing for large hours out of the day, he needs to quit because it isn't healthy for you for one and two, it deters your walk with God. But, if you use video games a few hours a day to help with your relationship with God than there's nothing wrong with it.

Video games aren't inherently sinful in themselves. It's what you do with them that matters in your Christian walk. Except GTA. I'll always say GTA is a horribly bad video game for a Christian to play and shouldn't be under debate or question lol.

For me video games were unhealthy, and instead I spend leisure time watching t.v. or nba.

We all need some downtime and how people choose to spend theirs is up to them and as long as the persons conscience isn’t saying otherwise then it is permissible

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your warnings, but just want to say to you just this one thing, and maybe you will reflect on it a little bit yourself maybe, etc...

And that is just this one scripture only where it says, "Whatever is not of faith is sin", etc... (Romans 14:23)...

Cause that, in my opinion, should be an individual by individual general rule for just about anything, etc...

Whether it is meat sacrificed to idols, or entertainment, or maybe just about anything else, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

I agree. I reworded my post.

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh and my disability also greatly limits me in how much I can be around people socially as well, also socially, etc, even if they did want to be around me or have anything to do with me socially, etc, so I have a lot of time on my hands, and a lot of time alone on my hands, a lot lately, etc...]

Hello Neogaia,

I read your messages earlier and they have been on my mind for a lot of the day.

Firstly i wanted to say that i am sorry that you are in a difficult situation right now and i will pray for you over it; but i am happy to hear that the Lord has helped overcome a lot of adversity already.

I understand that you are disabled, and it sounds as though you have social anxiety. I'm sorry if this is rude, but i wondered if you have much routine in your life right now, as i have had anxiety in the past and a regular routine has really helped me with this.

Even at home before i go to bed i read my bible and pray every night and often find sermons on youtube (which have been really helpful).

I noticed in your description that you do not have a denomination, and wondered if you were part of a church. if not, i really think you should consider joining one ( i know that the world is shut down at the moment but my church holds prayer meetings on zoom and bible classes too; so you could get involved that way).

As i said, i have had your messages on my mind, and thought that you may need a little help. If not, then i am sorry for the unsolicited advice.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yogi42

Feb 21, 2021
Nt
✟8,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So even though the information says “proud” humans it dosent really say if it’s bad pride or good pride but I don’t think god would be upset with me playing them

do you think he would? Would he punish me?

I don’t know lore wise if the “human proud” is because they think of themselves better than others or for their accomplishments

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@jameshjr

Truth is, I do have friends, and believe it or not, my life/time is pretty full, according to my standards anyway, etc, and while social anxiety is a part of it, part of what I have, etc, I also have schizo-effective disorder, so I can't handle a lot of interaction due to all the sights and sounds and noise, etc, I get overloaded pretty easily, and have just about as much as I can handle in my life right now, and actually, right now, it's just about right in my life right now, etc...

I do not belong to a church right now, but have been looking, i also don't like video face to face interaction over the internet, so that makes it kind of difficult right now also, etc...

I also do watch and/or listen to a lot of sermons as I have my favorite ones, specific pastors, preachers, programs, etc, and I'd say I probably average about 4-5 sermons a day, on average, or taken as a whole, and so I have that as well...

I really truly genuinely do very much appreciate your concern though, and I really do mean that, but my life is pretty much just the way I want it right now for one of the first times in my life now, etc, so all is really very much pretty good right now, etc...

But again, I really do truly and genuinely deeply appreciate your concern though, it's very good to know there are still some good hearted people out there that will feel some concern for you still, thanks, but I am doing pretty much OK and just fine really, but thanks though...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
@jameshjr

Truth is, I do have friends, and believe it or not, my life/time is pretty full, according to my standards anyway, etc, and while social anxiety is a part of it, part of what I have, etc, I also have schizo-effective disorder, so I can't handle a lot of interaction due to all the sights and sounds and noise, etc, I get overloaded pretty easily, and have just about as much as I can handle in my life right now, and actually, right now, it's just about right in my life right now, etc...

I do not belong to a church right now, but have been looking, i also don't like video face to face interaction over the internet, so that makes it kind of difficult right now also, etc...

I also do watch and/or listen to a lot of sermons as I have my favorite ones, specific pastors, preachers, programs, etc, and I'd say I probably average about 4-5 sermons a day, on average, or taken as a whole, and so I have that as well...

I really truly genuinely do very much appreciate your concern though, and I really do mean that, but my life is pretty much just the way I want it right now for one of the first times in my life now, etc, so all is really very much pretty good right now, etc...

But again, I really do truly and genuinely deeply appreciate your concern though, it's very good to know there are still some good hearted people out there that will feel some concern for you still, thanks, but I am doing pretty much OK and just fine really, but thanks though...

God Bless!

I’m glad to hear that you are doing well. As I said I was a little concerned over the content of your previous messages.

I hope that things continue to go well for you and that you turn to God when things get hard.

If things ever do start to go wrong, then feel free to message me anytime.

God bless,

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m glad to hear that you are doing well. As I said I was a little concerned over the content of your previous messages.

I hope that things continue to go well for you and that you turn to God when things get hard.

If things ever do start to go wrong, then feel free to message me anytime.

God bless,
Thank You, I really do appreciate it, your concern shows that of one truly belonging to Christ in my opinion, but I really am doing pretty well right now, but might take you up on that offer sometime maybe...

I do have God a lot more in my life now, and believe me, that/it/He lightens my burdens more than anything...

Thanks again!

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello

not sure if this belongs here but I have a question

I play world of Warcraft and I play the humans and their information says they are a proud race

so I’m worried playing them is sinful cause of the proud situation

any ideas on that?

You have to remember that humans are diverse and cannot be stereotyped into any particular category because not all humans share the same characteristics. Saying that is an over generalization that doesn’t accurately describe everyone within the human race, many people are actually very humble. So I wouldn’t worry about it.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello

not sure if this belongs here but I have a question

I play world of Warcraft and I play the humans and their information says they are a proud race

so I’m worried playing them is sinful cause of the proud situation

any ideas on that?
Playing a character who is a member of a proud race or group, or who is even a proud individual is not inherently sinful. If you start to get unhealthy attitudes by playing that character, then that could be sinful.

Upvote 0