A spry Farrakhan sings Obama's praises

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That really proves my point. Imagine if that had been the logo for White Power instead :wave:
exactly. if you'd posted a white-power logo, you'd have been demonized as a racist, possibly a bigot, certainly a homophobe, and life at cf would continue undulating leftward in tighter and tighter spirals. But this display of what some could believe to be racist in nature is just okey dokey.

I've taken to propping up the left side of my desk so my monitor won't flip over when i come to this site lately.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "so what" is Obama's minister just honored Farrakhan with a life-time achievement award. We got a mutual admiration society between Obama's church and the Nation of Islam.

And, as has been pointed out several times, the Rev Jim Wallis, the spokesperson of the religious left if you will, has said if you want to know Obama, you have to know his minister--that is where Obama gets "his feeling and rhetoric".
His church did that. Obama did not. You're simply advocating slime-by-association, which isn't going to fly with those of us who can see through such desperation.

I said this in another thread and will repeat myself: enough of this childishness.

Republicans who continue these slimes: just admit that you're scared and desperate about Obama's chances in this election and, as a result, are using every smear in the book in the hopes that something will stick.

It seems to be obvious to everyone but all of you.

Democrats who continue defending Obama: I understand and respect your devotion, but just ignore these people!

To a point, I can agree with answering obviously wrong statements in a post, but there comes a time when it gets ridiculous, and there's no longer any point justifying these people's smears with a response.

Obama is doing well in the polls, despite these smears. Be glad about that and move on. These attacks against Obama are not worthy of your time and attention.

As a member of good standing of this forum, I declare a moratorium on the following:
1.) Any slimes-by-association about Obama, his church, and Farakkhan,
2.) Any smears about gay sex scandals which have been proven false,
4.) Any smears trying to class Obama as "not patriotic" due to holding his hands to his heart (or not) during the pledge,
3.) Any irrelevant attacks concerning Che Guevera posters, and
4.) Any smears trying to claim that Obama is leading a "cult".

Enough of this. If you're going to attack Obama, attack him for what he says and does in his campaign.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just curious about how unique Obama's church is. How many other Christian Churches have given Louis Farrakhan a life-time achievement or similiar award?

Have Lutherans honored Farrakhan? Presbyterians? Methodists? Anglicans? Southern Baptists? Quakers?

What other Christian churches support the work of the Nation of Islam?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just curious about how unique Obama's church is. How many other Christian Churches have given Louis Farrakhan a life-time achievement or similiar award?

Have Lutherans honored Farrakhan? Presbyterians? Methodists? Anglicans? Southern Baptists? Quakers?

What other Christian churches support the work of the Nation of Islam?
None of those as far as I know. That sets Obama's church in a category all it's own as far as I can tell

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican