✟294,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"
  • The Church supports and maintains more than 30,000 congregations with thousands of chapels and meetinghouses across the globe. It operates temples, family history centers, institutes and seminaries, storehouses, employment centers, and universities and other higher education initiatives, as well as oversees the proselytizing and service work of 70,000 missionaries worldwide."

The Family History Centers (basically reading rooms for various geneological materials they have collected, including microfilm) are the only thing on this list that are open to the general public without acceptance of their religious doctrine. The rest of this is all about serving the needs of the members and expanding the membership. There's nothing wrong with that in principle, but it isn't exactly charity or public service.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So, 2o19 is old? So if something was done a long time ago that means it's OK? Yesterday is the past, does that mean it doesn't matter what happened yesterday?
On Jan. 3, 2018 a whistle blower stated “I think the church stopped making disclosures in 1959 because it was on the brink of financial disaster,” ..."I voiced my suspicion that poverty is no longer behind the church’s silence"..."the report claims, has not used its money as a nonprofit should."

So where is the lawsuit? Where is the verdict? It has been almost two years since the "suspicion" took place.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
How much does it cost to build a temple? How much is each temple worth?
Where can the public view the tax forms for the LDS Church?

What was the topic of this thread again?

Temples and church buildings are built with tithing moneys, NOT charitable contributions. You were the one who posted the links to the topic, so you should know what the topic is about:
(Old Testament | Malachi 3:8 - 10)

8 ¶ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On Jan. 3, 2018 a whistle blower stated “I think the church stopped making disclosures in 1959 because it was on the brink of financial disaster,” ..."I voiced my suspicion that poverty is no longer behind the church’s silence"..."the report claims, has not used its money as a nonprofit should."

So where is the lawsuit? Where is the verdict? It has been almost two years since the "suspicion" took place.
Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances, shows how church went from losing money to making money — lots of it
https://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/4804_taxdaysb.pdf

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Temples and church buildings are built with tithing moneys, NOT charitable contributions. You were the one who posted the links to the topic, so you should know what the topic is about:
(Old Testament | Malachi 3:8 - 10)

8 ¶ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Hi friend, Malachi 3 was written to Israel, not Christians. The rule for Christians is to be a cheerful giver without limits of the traditional ten percent. I enjoy giving everything to the Lord --- who owns it anyway.

Got to get back to work.

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
From your link:
"For instance, the price tag for building temples and new chapels used to be borne by local members. Now the Salt Lake City headquarters picks up the tab.

“If someone had told my parents or grandparents that the church would take over all building expenses,” Wimmer says, “they wouldn’t have believed it.”

It now subsidizes the cost of Mormon missions and provides far more humanitarian aid than it ever was able to do earlier, he says. “And that is due, in large part, to the financial ability and experience of the leadership.”

Just last month, LDS Charities provided an additional $11 million in relief to eight famine-stricken nations in Africa and the Middle East.
Few could have imagined such resources when the faith’s finances began with $3,000 (equivalent to more than $72,000 in 2010) from farmer Martin Harris for the first printing of the Book of Mormon, the foundational LDS scripture."

I remember back in the day when members also paid temple funds and building funds in addition to tithing. There are still other things that members pay into besides tithing. We pay fast offerings, humanitarian aid, missionary aid, and other which we can specify. We have to learn to walk before we can run.

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Hi friend, Malachi 3 was written to Israel, not Christians. The rule for Christians is to be a cheerful giver without limits of the traditional ten percent. I enjoy giving everything to the Lord --- who owns it anyway.

Got to get back to work.
You are right, we can give much more than 10%. Zacchaeus gave half of his goods and the rich young man was asked to sell everything he had and give to the poor.

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"The Roman Catholic Church is almost certainly the wealthiest organization in the world. In the United States alone, it is estimated that the Catholic Church has an operating budget of $170 billion. By comparison, in fiscal year 2012, Apple and General Motors each had about $150 billion in revenue worldwide. No one outside the Vatican knows for sure how much money the church has, because—unlike every other category of tax-exempt “nonprofit” organizations—religious organizations in the United States are not required to submit basic financial reporting to the IRS. From Vatican City (the Catholic Church’s own country) to St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Manhattan, the Church owns some of the most extraordinary art and architecture the world has ever known. It operates a vast and lucrative network of schools, universities, and hospitals whose Medicare and Medicaid patients are bankrolled by American taxpayers, yet it is listed as a nonprofit organization."

From: 10 Of The Richest Tax-Exempt Organizations - Listverse

Number of Mormons in the USA: 6,592,195

Number of Catholics in the USA: 51,000,000

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟66,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The LDS are Mormons and not Christian. The Book of Mormon is a myth with no foundation and from personal experience they tell tall tales. I have the Unfailing Truth, so why read trash given by Satan and his angels?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The LDS are Mormons and not Christian. The Book of Mormon is a myth with no foundation and from personal experience they tell tall tales. I have the Unfailing Truth, so why read trash given by Satan and his angels?
Then read your Bible:

(New Testament | John 14:21 - 31)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Xen Loi! You are preaching to the choir but did not make a point? The Mormon Temple is still a Mission Field loaded with the Lost.
Chào Ông! Since you believe in those verses and if you act on them, you should have no need to fear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums