Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Click the link to find out how much you understand about evolution on the BBC website. It's just a bit of fun to do and even though I know next to nowt about evolution compared to some posters on here I - ahem- scored 7 out of 7 !!!!

Quiz: Test your knowledge of evolution

I also signed up for the FREE course on Evolution run by the University of Bath which covers such topics as Macroevolution; Inheritance and Variation; Speciation; Natural Selection; Geological Time and Human Evolution. From what I read it sounds like it is a layman's introduction to evolution. It is genuinely open to those who are curious to learn about this subject - I myself was taught naff all about it when I was at school in the 70's so I'm hoping it will teach me a better understanding of this important topic. And like I keep telling my kids - you're never too old to learn!!

Anyway why not give the quiz a go?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Click the link to find out how much you understand about evolution on the BBC website. It's just a bit of fun to do and even though I know next to nowt about evolution compared to some posters on here I - ahem- scored 7 out of 7 !!!!

I also signed up for the FREE course on Evolution run by the University of Bath which covers such topics as Macroevolution; Inheritance and Variation; Speciation; Natural Selection; Geological Time and Human Evolution. From what I read it sounds like it is a layman's introduction to evolution. It is genuinely open to those who are curious to learn about this subject - I myself was taught naff all about it when I was at school in the 70's so I'm hoping it will teach me a better understanding of this important topic. And like I keep telling my kids - you're never too old to learn!!

Congratulations! Well done, you got all the answers correct!

Your score:
7/7

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I could have given the answers they wanted and got 7/7 but instead I answered truthfully and got 3/7.
I'm surprised they continue to push the theory of evolution when it has been completely debunked by modern genetics and biochemistry. The fossil record does not support it as no intermediate fossils have ever been found, and recent discovery of soft tissue in dinosaur bones as well as the presence of quantities of Carbon-14 prove that these dinosaurs lived only thousands of years ago, let alone millions of years. Time and again, evolution is demonstrated to be anything but scientific. In reality it is a philosophy based on naturalism, and it only exists because many people don't want to accept that God is behind the creation of all life, so they continue to cling to evolution with all its holes because they have nothing else to explain the existence of life without God.

Upvote 0

tyke

Aug 15, 2015
✟144,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well done for being honest and straightforward about your beliefs, but until and unless you can back up your assertions in your post about evolution being refuted, then that's all they are : assertions.
Please present your evidence that denies the Theory of Evolution as no one has managed to do this in about 150 years (and not for want of trying).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is a kids quiz - it is just a bit of fun but it may let some of our resident creationists get to think clearly as to what evolution really is.
Just my two pennerth!

I took your quiz. You think creationists simply just don't understand evolution? We've all been indoctrinated with evolutionary concepts from birth, through all stages of schooling, in books, movies, TV shows, etc. We just reject it as complete nonsense.

I'd also like to reciprocate a bit and provide a link to a similar quiz:
Braingle: 'Aesop's Fables' Trivia Quiz

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm surprised they continue to push the theory of evolution when it has been completely debunked by modern genetics and biochemistry. The fossil record does not support it as no intermediate fossils have ever been found, and recent discovery of soft tissue in dinosaur bones as well as the presence of quantities of Carbon-14 prove that these dinosaurs lived only thousands of years ago, let alone millions of years. Time and again, evolution is demonstrated to be anything but scientific. In reality it is a philosophy based on naturalism, and it only exists because many people don't want to accept that God is behind the creation of all life, so they continue to cling to evolution with all its holes because they have nothing else to explain the existence of life without God.

I have never seen a post that gets so much wrong in one paragraph. Well played!

1. "I'm surprised they continue to push the theory of evolution when it has been completely debunked by modern genetics and biochemistry."

Not according to modern geneticists or biochemists.

2. "The fossil record does not support it as no intermediate fossils have ever been found"

According to paleontologists they have.

3. "recent discovery of soft tissue in dinosaur bones as well as the presence of quantities of Carbon-14 prove that these dinosaurs lived only thousands of years ago"

According to the discoverer of these "soft tissues" this is not the case at all. And where was the Carbon-14?

4. "Time and again, evolution is demonstrated to be anything but scientific."

According to who? Xianghua? LOL

5. "In reality it is a philosophy based on naturalism, and it only exists because many people don't want to accept that God is behind the creation of all life, so they continue to cling to evolution with all its holes because they have nothing else to explain the existence of life without God."

Apart from the majority of christians who do accept it?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Well, that was ridiculously easy.............

upload_2018-9-25_16-48-37.png

Upvote 0

tyke

Aug 15, 2015
✟144,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, that was ridiculously easy.........

Yes it must be for some - but as I keep saying it is for kids and for people who haven't had any formal training/education on the subject. Just a bit of fun really. Oh and to let some of our evo deniers have a go.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I could have given the answers they wanted and got 7/7 but instead I answered truthfully and got 3/7.
There is so much wrong in this post. Let's talk about soft tissue and radiocarbon. Are you aware the collagen fragments weren't soft until they were soaked in an acid solution. They were basically mummified by iron in the blood. And if the fossils are 4,000 years old, why don't we find any with DNA?

As far as the radiocarbon, all those claims by Creationists were either from contaminated samples or the dates were due to background noise in the equipment. This all old news and has all been explained.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes it must be for some - but as I keep saying it is for kids and for people who haven't had any formal training/education on the subject. Just a bit of fun really. Oh and to let some of our evo deniers have a go.
ow I'm absolutely positive that a lot of our creationists here will get several questions wrong.
Absolutely positive.

But I gather none of them will admit to that.
It's a bit of a shame that you can immediatly see your score after clicking an answer and that each question is true/false... it makes it too easy to "fake" a perfect score.

But I take comfort in the fact that they will fail to get 7/7 on their first try on a pop-quiz meant for children or adults that have been living in a cave most of their lives, with no access to the internet or grade school level science.

It must eat them up on the inside.

At least, I hope so. But I also fear that some of them will take pride in not scoring 7/7, as they would interpret it as "aha, see? I'm not a victim of this satanic indoctrination!". In fact, one of the people that already posted in this thread was already hinting towards that and said it with pride.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you aware the collagen fragments weren't soft until they were soaked in an acid solution.

Ow come on, listen to yourself...
Off course he's not aware of any of this!

:)

Optimist!

Upvote 0

tyke

Aug 15, 2015
✟144,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
ow I'm absolutely positive that a lot of our creationists here will get several questions wrong.
Absolutely positive.

It's a bit of a shame that you can immediatly see your score after clicking an answer and that each question is true/false... it makes it too easy to "fake" a perfect score.

But I take comfort in the fact that they will fail to get 7/7 on their first try on a pop-quiz meant for children or adults that have been living in a cave most of their lives, with no access to the internet or grade school level science.

At least, I hope so. But I also fear that some of them will take pride in not scoring 7/7, as they would interpret it as "aha, see? I'm not a victim of this satanic indoctrination!". In fact, one of the people that already posted in this thread was already hinting towards that and said it with pride.

I agree with everything you have to say here DH. Trying to re-educate some of the evo-deniers doesn't happen overnight as you know - it needs to be brought to their attention bit by bit over a long time before the penny drops (if it ever does).
I spent my entire working life in charge of Special Needs education and know how entrenched attitudes are seldom changed without constant effort (- not that I'm saying anyone here has SEN!!!!) and I know very well the Dunning Kruger effect - although it didn't have that posh name back then.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely positive.

The problem with this is that you are asking creationists to lie in order to achieve a perfect score. It's one of those times where you to have decide between answering according to the indoctrination you've endured since childhood or according to what is actually correct.

You can call it pride all you want, but it takes the same amount of pride to declare it's all accurate as well. No honest creationist should get a perfect score unless their goal was to see if they could have a bit of fun and try to mimic the thought process of an evolutionist.

Tell me the truth. If someone were to post a creationists quiz on here and you answered honestly according to what you actually think, would you score a perfect score?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree with everything you have to say here DH. Trying to re-educate some of the evo-deniers doesn't happen overnight as you know - it needs to be brought to their attention bit by bit over a long time before the penny drops (if it ever does).
I spent my entire working life in charge of Special Needs education and know how entrenched attitudes are seldom changed without constant effort (- not that I'm saying anyone here has SEN!!!!) and I know very well the Dunning Kruger effect - although it didn't have that posh name back then.

Yeps.

I like how Dr Gregory House once phrased it: "you can't reason someone out of a position, that he didn't reason himself into in the first place..."

Indeed, I'm under no delusion that any sincere creationist is ever going to be "turned" by mere argumentation and evidence. After all, we are dealing with people who pretty much say that if reality disagrees with their a priori beliefs, then it must mean that reality is incorrect...

I think it's important though to keep challenging them and to keep presenting the evidence. Because the day the actual internal reflection begins, all that evidence and arguments will suddenly become very very relevant.

Upvote 0