Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was out and about not all that late last night, and atmospheric conditions were such it was easy to see the glow of distant towns on the horizon. I started picking them out, recognizing the towns from where I was on the road, but then I came to one glow, I drew a blank. I could see the town in my mind, have been through it, but could not think of the name. That led to another community between the town and my location, a community that didn't have street lights and wouldn't have a glow on the horizon, and couldn't remember that one, either. It was really disconcerting.

After a few minutes I remembered the first town by going through my mind of the towns I could remember on that highway. The name of the other community, on a different highway, came up maybe less than a minute later. That was a relief, but it bothered me. Still does.

On the way back I noticed a glow on the horizon that at first I couldn't place, then realized it was a town distant enough I didn't know it would be visible, but I could easily recall the name of the town, so that was something different.

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟62,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm 63 and I've noticed that my age has caught up with me this year. What used to be easy physically has gotten harder and I find myself stopping to think about things that I never really thought much about before. For example, did I lock the front door before I left this morning? And there's the obligatory where did I put that? I cut my fingernails a couple of weeks ago but I can't find where I put the fingernail clippers. And I just know if I go out and buy a new set I'll find the original soon thereafter. But if I don't buy a new set I'll probably never find the original. :rolleyes: Ugh...

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wife: You forgot to turn off the bedroom light.
Me: Oops....I'll get it.
< walks into the bedroom, but then remembers that he needs to charge his phone...so he plugs his phone into the charger on the nightstand....then walks out of bedroom >
Wife: You forgot to turn off the bedroom light.
(Repeat the above - possibly once or twice more)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you not noticed that the older we get the faster time flies? This is simply a matter of getting ahead of ourselves. Pause a moment or two and our thoughts will catch up.
Is that worse than being beside ourselves? ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Good point, but at least that way we walk hand in hand with an equal.
Is that like having a conversation with a sensible person when you talk to yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Definitely not ;) . An equal is wide ranging.
Of course! Silly me - I was having a senior moment! :D

Between senior moments and second childhood life is quite fun these days! :D

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was on the phone with my 92 yr old Dad and telling him that all week I keep misplacing my hat. He said oh yeah? Well I have been missing my wallet and keys all day and turned the house upside down. When we hung up later I said a little prayer for him. He sent me a text about 11:45 pm saying he had finally found them under the bed! Now how the heck did they end up there of all places? Ha!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I was on the phone with my 92 yr old Dad and telling him that all week I keep misplacing my hat. He said oh yeah? Well I have been missing my wallet and keys all day and turned the house upside down. When we hung up later I said a little prayer for him. He sent me a text about 11:45 pm saying he had finally found them under the bed! Now how the heck did they end up there of all places? Ha!
Maybe dropped out of his pocket when getting changed? I find that Jesus is very good at finding things but I'm not so good at remembering to pray before I spend ages searching for whatever is lost.

Upvote 0