tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are right about one thing. Some of us are too stupid and lazy. You need to go into business for yourself. Then you will learn.
What makes you think I haven't been in business for myself, or know many others who don't abuse "loopholes" because they care more about being honest and productive than taking unnecessary handouts? Their businesses are booming. Is yours? I was able to live my dream. Have you?

Were you insinuating that I am personally "stupid and lazy"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What makes you think I haven't been in business for myself, or know many others who don't abuse "loopholes" because they care more about being honest and productive than taking unnecessary handouts? Their businesses are booming. Is yours? I was able to live my dream. Have you?

Were you insinuating that I am personally "stupid and lazy"?
Yes to all three of your questions.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Anyone who employs a thousand people pays the taxes for a thousand people. For every thousand people that Trump employs, he is already funding the government a thousand times what the average joe pays through funding the payroll takes for each one of those individuals.

What employees keep and what they give to the government all ultimately derives from the pockets of those who employ them.

Even heavily socialized countries like Sweden recognize this about businesses and keep the rates on businesses very low, especially compared to the American capitalist system.

After what happened to Romney, it is not likely that any businessman is going to bother going through that exercise in futility about taxes again. A fat load of good it did Romney. People only pretend to care about this kind of thing. And then when they find out how generous a potential president actually is, it is all, meh.

There is no up side to any of this for a politician to play the game of showing how much money they make, how much they pay, and how much they give to charity. The IRS has a pretty good handle on all that, and a pretty good record of making sure that everybody pays, ....
or else.

• Winner
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who employs a thousand people pays the taxes for a thousand people. For every thousand people that Trump employs, he is already funding the government a thousand times what the average joe pays through funding the payroll takes for each one of those individuals.

What employees keep and what they give to the government all ultimately derives from the pockets of those who employ them.

Even heavily socialized countries like Sweden recognize this about businesses and keep the rates on businesses very low, especially compared to the American capitalist system.

After what happened to Romney, it is not likely that any businessman is going to bother going through that exercise in futility about taxes again. A fat load of good it did Romney. People only pretend to care about this kind of thing. And then when they find out how generous a potential president actually is, it is all, meh.

There is no up side to any of this for a politician to play the game of showing how much money they make, how much they pay, and how much they give to charity. The IRS has a pretty good handle on all that, and a pretty good record of making sure that everybody pays, ....
or else.
Excuse me, but you do realize that those taxes our employers "take" out of our paychecks.... is taken from our having EARNED that tax money? It's no longer the employer's money. It's ours, square and fair. We earned it. So the employer is beneficially doing us and the government a service by being the middleman bookkeeper through collecting our tax money and sending it to the IRS so we won't have to be bothered. So, thank you, Mr./Ms. Employer, for offering to be our bookkeeper. Maybe that's why our raises are so small. We have to contribute to "our" shared tax accountant's salary. Fair enough. Only why is it s/he gets a bigger raise than we do, when essentially we are the ones paying him?

Romney wasn't found to be all that generous. He, too, was caught red-handed with offshore accounts around his ankles. And he didn't lose the election because of that fact, which, as you say, was almost ignored as if its of no account or any indication of lack of character and/or ethics. He lost because he IS a compassion-less morass of a human being who was divinely exposed for who he truly is two weeks before the election. You just don't tick off 47% of the voting population and expect them to ignore the fact that you and all your filthy-rich friends consider them "losers". Receiving food stamps, welfare, SSDI, SSI, SS, etc., has never eliminated one single American from US voting rolls, and for good reason, too. He failed to appreciate the reality behind that fact. His bad. Nobody else's. We realized we didn't WANT to be the country Romney wanted us to be. If anything has made this country great, it's the diversity of its people and how we treat each other. Romney didn't "get" that. He still hasn't. Neither has Trump nor will he. Remember what happened after the last time a smooth sounding politician stood on exorbitant exaggerations of "promising a chicken in every pot"? WWII. A lot of somebodies are going to have to pay for those chickens. Do we wish to repeat history, believing that if its too good to be true, its got to be? One candidate is telling us we can be the people we want to be if we work toward it. It's going to be hard, yes, but we can do it. The other is telling us, because he is rich, he is our savior. We will deserve the government we vote for.

You forget, "put your money where your mouth is" has long been a favored, very telling idiom of Americans. Why? Tax write-offs are an indication of what a candidate values most. His wallet--or his country. John Wayne never received a single dime of his tax refunds, and never once itemized what he rightfully could have by law. Why? He gave what he should have rightfully gotten back---because he loved and believed completely in the idea that is America. Nobody can ever deny he truly loved this country more than his wallet. He never lifted his nose to those who didn't do the same either. They enjoyed his largess as equally as anyone else, and he never said a word.

It's only money, folks. Some things are more important than paper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0