Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not true. The tax laws are written by corrupt politicians paid off by special interest groups allowing wealthy people to play a shell game with corporate income that enables them from paying an equal percentage of their personal income as the average Joe does has been exposed time and time again and I refuse to buy into their narrative.
The fix is too easy for that to be true. If that were true, then major employers could easily pay a like amount of taxes - just to be fair, and to put a stop to the argument.

But that is not really the issue - the issue, is that those who take the line that you have just expressed, don't want major employers to pay what "the average Joe" pays, you think they should pay more than their fair share. And that...is a completely different argument. That is an argument to rob from the rich...just because they are rich, like being rich is wrong, evil...and they need to pay for their crime against the rest of society. Stick it to the man - sure thing.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
But law never the less .. Where did the Clintons get all their money , they were broke , but accepting donations for political favor rules the day ..
Agreed but what befuddles me is why the average Joe/Jane is okay with it.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed but what befuddles me is why the average Joe/Jane is okay with it.

When Jesus told Peter how he would die Peter asked "what of this man" Jesus said "if he remain until I return what is that to you"? I have plenty faults but minding someone elses business or gossip has never been a big problem for me or my wife .. I think Trump not receiving major campaign contributions is a sign he wants to owe no man .. It wouldn't surprise me if he got elected if he refused salary .. When I've played poker I could care less about winning your money , I just want to win , I've given their money back (a few). I think making money was a game to Trump more than greed ..

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When Jesus told Peter how he would die Peter asked "what of this man" Jesus said "if he remain until I return what is that to you"? I have plenty faults but minding someone elses business or gossip has never been a big problem for me or my wife .. I think Trump not receiving major campaign contributions is a sign he wants to owe no man .. It wouldn't surprise me if he got elected if he refused salary .. When I've played poker I could care less about winning your money , I just want to win , I've given their money back (a few). I think making money was a game to Trump more than greed ..
I was referring to skewed tax advantages available to the wealthy that allows them to pay a lower tax percentage than those that are not wealthy.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it true that he hasn't been paying his fair share of taxes. Mrs. Clinton made the comment a couple of times that he hasn't paid any income taxes. Is that true?
Since Hillary Clinton is the liar's liar, why are you giving her statements any credibility?

What's worse, minimizing your taxes to the absolute minimum (which is not illegal) or blatantly selling America to its enemies, and in fact nurturing them? The Clinton Foundation, which is supposed to be a charitable organization, is a pay-for-play scheme, with less than 10% of the loot going to charity. How do you justify that?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is unconscionable that a very wealthy man should pay less income tax than one of his secretaries. It demonstrates a gross bias in our tax system.
Well don't blame Trump for that. Certainly, a major tax reform is necessary, but this is PURE DEFLECTION at this stage.

Someone who should really be behind bars has the audacity to run for President and then talk about her opponent's tax returns. The Clinton Crime Foundation should have been the main topic of discussion (had there been a Rush Limbaugh instead of a Lester Holt as moderator).

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi job,

You responded:
Since Hillary Clinton is the liar's liar, why are you giving her statements any credibility?

I honestly don't understand such blatant misrepresentation of the present situation. Has Mrs. Clinton ever told a whopper or stretched the truth? I have no doubt. She's a politician. It's what they do. However...

As regards the words that have come out of the mouths of both candidates since the beginning of this debacle, the overwhelming proof of who has lied to us more, lies with the Trump campaign. In that it is not a close race. We don't have a clue how many lies he's told over his lifetime, the measure you seem to want to hold Mrs. Clinton to, because his words haven't been tested and weighed by the public most of his adult life.

So, why would I take her word for this issue. First of all, I'm not. That's why I'm here asking the question. Secondly, I, much like her, believe that there really is a reason that he won't show us his returns. I'd be fine if he had just said from the beginning, no, I don't have to and I'm not going to do it. But, that's not what he's done. He's made his own dilemma in this. He tells us that he would be glad to turn over his returns, but that his attorneys advise him against it and that he can't because he's under audit. When the issue was brought up he didn't say, "Well, look, I pay a lot in taxes. Last year, as a matter of fact, even though I won't show you my return, I'll tell you that I paid 'x' amount in federal income taxes." No, nothing like that. He gloats over us and responds, "That makes me smart." What does that make the rest of us who pay taxes? What does that make the rest of us who do our fair share with the monies that our God provides us with to pay our way in life and to support our families and our government? If not paying taxes makes someone smart, then what are we who pay not only our own share, but his share also?

Look. Go with who you want, but at least be honest in your assessment of each candidate. I absolutely agree with you that Mrs. Clinton hasn't always been forthright and honest with us, but I believe the more consummate and regular liar, at least as far as this campaign is concerned and at least as far as the several fact checker companies show, that Mr. Trump wins in this issue hands down. That makes him smart, doesn't it. LOL!!!!

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

Well, I watched the debate and a comment was made that I'd really like to know the answer to. Mr. Trump is a very, very wealthy person. Is it true that he hasn't been paying his fair share of taxes. Mrs. Clinton made the comment a couple of times that he hasn't paid any income taxes. Is that true?

Isn't any of us little people at all bothered by the fact that, if this is true, Mr. Trump is exactly the kind of person that most of us dislike because, even though they have fabulous wealth, they don't pay their fair share to run and operate the country that has given them such largess?

Could this be why he really doesn't want us to see his tax returns? While he pays his attorneys to tell him not to release his returns and uses that as such a 'convenient' reason that we shouldn't see them; while he contends that because he is 'under audit' he can't release his tax returns, is it possible that the real reason Mr. Trump doesn't want us general public, middle class, tax paying Americans to see his return is that he doesn't actually pay any personal income tax on his gargantuan wealth? Oh, that I could be so rich that I didn't have to support my country.

God bless you all.
In Christ, Ted

Generally, wealthy persons use the loophole of giving money to charities in order to amass tax write-offs. Both candidates do this: one of the reasons why Clinton is in hot water with her foundation is not only because of foreign interest money funding, but because it is possible she could use her charities and foundations as personal "petty cash." In other words, you can create a charity under someone/something else, and put your own money (and others) in the coffers for personal - not pedestrian - use.

It is FRAUD, but that doesn't matter. This is how most rich (> $450,000/yr) and wealthy (>$20,000,000 net worth) people avoid much of their taxes. It is a game rigged for them

Meanwhile, a single man in NJ, for example, has to pay 26% in taxes - and does not have the funds to exploit the loopholes.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi job,

You responded:

I honestly don't understand such blatant misrepresentation of the present situation. Has Mrs. Clinton ever told a whopper or stretched the truth? I have no doubt. She's a politician. It's what they do. However...

As regards the words that have come out of the mouths of both candidates since the beginning of this debacle, the overwhelming proof of who has lied to us more, lies with the Trump campaign. In that it is not a close race. We don't have a clue how many lies he's told over his lifetime, the measure you seem to want to hold Mrs. Clinton to, because his words haven't been tested and weighed by the public most of his adult life.

So, why would I take her word for this issue. First of all, I'm not. That's why I'm here asking the question. Secondly, I, much like her, believe that there really is a reason that he won't show us his returns. I'd be fine if he had just said from the beginning, no, I don't have to and I'm not going to do it. But, that's not what he's done. He's made his own dilemma in this. He tells us that he would be glad to turn over his returns, but that his attorneys advise him against it and that he can't because he's under audit. When the issue was brought up he didn't say, "Well, look, I pay a lot in taxes. Last year, as a matter of fact, even though I won't show you my return, I'll tell you that I paid 'x' amount in federal income taxes." No, nothing like that. He gloats over us and responds, "That makes me smart." What does that make the rest of us who pay taxes? What does that make the rest of us who do our fair share with the monies that our God provides us with to pay our way in life and to support our families and our government? If not paying taxes makes someone smart, then what are we who pay not only our own share, but his share also?

Look. Go with who you want, but at least be honest in your assessment of each candidate. I absolutely agree with you that Mrs. Clinton hasn't always been forthright and honest with us, but I believe the more consummate and regular liar, at least as far as this campaign is concerned and at least as far as the several fact checker companies show, that Mr. Trump wins in this issue hands down. That makes him smart, doesn't it. LOL!!!!

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Basically, this is a "choose your acceptable evil" election. Following your valid point, it begs the question of whether or not people respect secretive lies over blatant lies to the face. Which deception is acceptable?

I personally don't accept either deception, or evil. I won't be voting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good day Ted. I have to say until official documents are reported, Hillary Clinton's claims against him were accusations to garner headlines and detract from her own legal issues. Both of them have power. Clinton money power and political power; Trump money power. She has the edge in the Beltway power racket.

Ask the question...If Trump did not pay his taxes as the law specifies, don't you think the Obama IRS would have already leaked the information to the Washington Post or NY Times? Also, don't you find it odd that Trump is audited every year (his claim not mine) and other crony capitalists close to Obama and Clinton (Warren Buffet, George Soros) are not?

It's the political game. Hillary misused government property and highly classified data, knew it and the Obama appointed AG did not consider prosecution. That is the outrage.

Now, I think we will get to see Trump's tax returns. Only after we get to see the financial disclosures of the Clinton Foundation. Which the Beltway bandits are hush hush about (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/c...probe-into-clinton-foundation/article/2598613). Why? Because the disclosures will show a global shift in the foundation's priorities and with that some cozy deals done while Clinton was Sec State.

Where there is a void of information, people will naturally place their own assumptions into the void. People don't like voids. You place the blame on Hillary Clinton, who gambled on that being the most plausible reason why Trump is fearful of releasing his tax returns and won. Where is Trump's responsibility in this, then? You fail to answer that. Hillary Clinton stated that what people don't know is, Trump didn't pay federal taxes "for a number of years". An unspecified number of years. She NEVER said "he didn't pay any federal taxes ever". So, no, Ted, he may have paid some amount of federal taxes at some point/s, but by his own inadvertent admission he had not consistently paid federal taxes on his profit. There are loopholes available for business owners to legally lessen their tax burdens. I believe THAT is precisely what he doesn't want us to see! How he finagles the bagel as we say here. If we saw the loopholes for rich business owners, we would instantly PLUG them without doubt, and where would he be then whether he becomes president or not?
Case in point: someone I know is a real estate broker. Her own husband once poked fun of her for being allowed to deduct her daily newspaper and internet expenses off her tax bill. Why? Because they are used as part of her business. I find that laughable when a friend cannot take her uniform expenses off her taxes as part of her "business" simply because SHE is not the "business owner", but merely an employee! Can you see where the sheer outrage of the American public would not allow Trump a pleasant moment's peace sitting in that Oval Office chair on his wealthy man's solid gold bucket list for long? I sure can.

His wealth defines him. Not his faith or even his family. His wealth. If the ability to make that disappears? Trump believes he is an empty shell. How sad.

The truth of the matter was reinforced from Trump's own mouth (and I think he realized it by the end of the night). NO, he did not pay federal taxes for an unspecified number of years. In fact, he compounded the reality--without any prompting--that somehow "made him smart"? So Hillary Clinton was indeed telling the truth, and there is no further "paperwork" necessary once Trump openly admitted--no, he hasn't always paid all federal taxes. I don't see him releasing them to the public--at any point in time. His business acumen and the wealth it brings him is the closest thing to his heart, far, far more than ever serving his country as president will be, priding himself more as our CEO (not a mere "president" of this country). He's much too automatically self-protective to settle for that, now that he's placed egg on his face by his own mouth. A double shame in his eyes. I see him out for copious blood the next time around, in retaliation for the blow to his ego. People with such weaknesses can't help it. His tax release has become a non-issue now that the cat is out of the bag. Just what he wanted.

One thing few have fleshed out is, now that Trump revealed his sheer inability to refrain from being so unconsciously uber self-protective in such a simple thing as a debate forum against someone so disliked and mistrusted as himself, it presents a damaging, immediate problem to his potential presidency and this country's future security. He has just shown the entire world exactly how they can and WILL push his buttons! There is no doubt. Trump's consistent, overbearing self-protectiveness coupled with a hair-trigger temper... with a finger on a nuclear button? God alone knows why the USA fails to be mentioned in the bible during the End Times as the last bastion of spiritual freedom we currently enjoy so much. This could be why. God, in Your loving grace, please, please, I ask that You give us the government we humbly DON'T deserve, rather than the one we actually do, is my current prayer.

BTW, that's an old new story redleghunter cited. Clinton has released the paperwork on the Clinton Foundation to the public. (BTW, each year charities are federally required to release their stats. Check the official IRS source for more info: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4221pc.pdf

Here's a more up-to-date link below. Notice the very first paragraph. How could they write this article if the information re: the Clinton Foundation hadn't been released if so? Think beyond the rhetoric. ANY rhetoric.
http://freebeacon.com/politics/half...-giving-in-2014-went-to-their-own-foundation/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Generally, wealthy persons use the loophole of giving money to charities in order to amass tax write-offs. Both candidates do this: one of the reasons why Clinton is in hot water with her foundation is not only because of foreign interest money funding, but because it is possible she could use her charities and foundations as personal "petty cash." In other words, you can create a charity under someone/something else, and put your own money (and others) in the coffers for personal - not pedestrian - use.

It is FRAUD, but that doesn't matter. This is how most rich (> $450,000/yr) and wealthy (>$20,000,000 net worth) people avoid much of their taxes. It is a game rigged for them

Meanwhile, a single man in NJ, for example, has to pay 26% in taxes - and does not have the funds to exploit the loopholes.
Clinton and Trump are both being accused of this very thing. Simultaneously. Really says something about us as a country, and it isn't exactly flattering. Is it?

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not true. The tax laws are written by corrupt politicians paid off by special interest groups allowing wealthy people to play a shell game with corporate income that enables them from paying an equal percentage of their personal income as the average Joe does has been exposed time and time again and I refuse to buy into their narrative.
Does this election open anyone else's eyes to the shining reality of the words found in Isaiah 9:6, 7?:

For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over His kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
That means he wants a very expensive military but doesn't want to support it with his own money but does expect hard working people without all of his expendable wealth to support it for him.
It means every corporation you support with your net income is doing the same thing Donald does.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Clinton and Trump are both being accused of this very thing. Simultaneously. Really says something about us as a country, and it isn't exactly flattering. Is it?

To put it frankly - in every sense of the word - America is a literal harlot. I am not talking about people (although many do contribute to it,) I am talking about "America/Her." America literally prostitutes every debauchery out to the rest of the world, and continues to do so. So, in a sense fraudulent charities may be the most flattering thing about it.

That is a culture of learned behavior. The fact both of them are being accused of this right now is expected - because it's true. But will it matter? Does it ever?

It is baffling to me "we the people" are allowing ourselves ONLY these choices, pretending either of them woud be acceptable when we know they are not what they claim.

The bourgeoisie is not going to clean out the bourgeoisie. (A house divided...) The proletariat need to do it.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was after they left the White house that the Clinton's claimed they were dead broke. (lots of hits to choose from here)
And then the money rolled in after they started accepting private speaking engagements, just like every other president has accepted in turn. What a racket this world is.

This election really makes you so much more fully aware why no rich man will ever enter the Camel's Gate. I'd rather be poor. Less worries!

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To put it frankly - in every sense of the word - America is a literal harlot. I am not talking about people (although many do contribute to it,) I am talking about "America/Her." America literally prostitutes every debauchery out to the rest of the world, and continues to do so. So, in a sense fraudulent charities may be the most flattering thing about it.

That is a culture of learned behavior. The fact both of them are being accused of this right now is expected - because it's true. But will it matter? Does it ever?

It is baffling to me "we the people" are allowing ourselves ONLY these choices, pretending either of them woud be acceptable when we know they are not what they claim.

The bourgeoisie is not going to clean out the bourgeoisie. (A house divided...) The proletariat need to do it.
Agree. Wholeheartedly. Only the proletariat is also part of the problem....

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Well, I watched the debate and a comment was made that I'd really like to know the answer to. Mr. Trump is a very, very wealthy person. Is it true that he hasn't been paying his fair share of taxes. Mrs. Clinton made the comment a couple of times that he hasn't paid any income taxes. Is that true?

No matter what amount of taxes he paid, Clinton and company can say it wasn't his fair share. There is no definition of "fair share." But you notice that this is a new strategy for 2016. Also that it doesn't stop with saying he didn't pay his fair share even though she does not know what he paid in taxes. They're now saying he didn't pay taxes, period.

It worked on Romney in 2012 and now that the Dems are desperate, you're going to be hearing it a lot more in this campaign. Although Harry Reid lied through his teeth about his charge against Mitt Romney and essentially admitted it after the election was over, it looks even more ridiculous to have Hillary resorting to it considering that she's gone from "dead broke" to being a multi-millionaire in only a few years by selling influence as Secretary of State and arranging for phony speaking fees.

• Agree
Upvote 0