✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Elihu lies and falsely accuses Job.

From the linked article, this is EXACTLY what Elihu does. He blatantly LIES and falsely accuses Job of the most heinous of sins and calls Job "wicked". This says more about Elihu than about Job:

"Elihu repeatedly accuses Job of sin. Citing Job’s protest of innocence (33:9), Elihu flatly says, “In this you are not right” (33:12). But wait – Job is right! The first verse of the book says so (1:1). And God says so – twice (1:8; 2:3). But Elihu makes the same false accusations about Job that the friends ultimately leveled against him. Job “travels in company with evildoers” (34:8); Job “answers like wicked men” and “adds rebellion to his sin” (34:36-37); and as a result, Job is now “full of the judgment on the wicked” (36:17). One thing we know for certain is that the friends were wrong in their accusations against Job. Elihu makes the same charges, and therefore he is wrong as well."

Link --> http://thinkingthroughfaith.com/2017/08/04/reflections-on-job-part-7-what-to-do-with-elihu/

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You don't seem to understand what is written in Scripture concerning this at all.
I have no idea why,
and don't think it will be revealed any time soon, given your language/posts so far.

There are some (many?) false commentaries that make claims like you have posted. (including 'shane'?) .
Search out the Truth. It is better.

There is not time available right now to try to counter all the 'points' that are wrong,
and from the language used so far,
you're not looking for what is written when it disagrees with your theories. (i.e. why would anyone try at this point)

It is NOT my promise, but Yahweh's Promise, that if you (anyone) seeks the Truth, and keeps seeking the Truth, they will find it, and the Truth will set them free. The problem is much much deeper than this thread, and I see no way to even begin to resolve it. "Who" you trusted (which commentaries) is likely the main obstacle to learning the Truth. Once that can be let go of, and honestly seeking the Truth is accomplished by Yahweh's Grace, then it may be known.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You don't seem to understand what is written in Scripture concerning this at all.
I have no idea why,
and don't think it will be revealed any time soon, given your language/posts so far.

There are some (many?) false commentaries that make claims like you have posted. (including 'shane'?) .
Search out the Truth. It is better.

There is not time available right now to try to counter all the 'points' that are wrong,
and from the language used so far,
you're not looking for what is written when it disagrees with your theories. (i.e. why would anyone try at this point)

It is NOT my promise, but Yahweh's Promise, that if you (anyone) seeks the Truth, and keeps seeking the Truth, they will find it, and the Truth will set them free. The problem is much much deeper than this thread, and I see no way to even begin to resolve it. "Who" you trusted (which commentaries) is likely the main obstacle to learning the Truth. Once that can be let go of, and honestly seeking the Truth is accomplished by Yahweh's Grace, then it may be known.

As i already stated, it is God's own Words that are the bottom line of this entire thread.

Do you know which Words i speak of?

Have you read the beginning of the book of Job and through to its completion?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
(you have no evidence so far in any way that shows from Yahweh's view that Elihu lied.)

Why you think that, who taught you that, opposed to what is written clearly in Scripture,
is an unreliable source, opposed to God's Word.

Elihu's own words.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It was Elihu who was wicked. Not Job, as Elihu accused Job of being.

He was a liar and he lied on and accused a man who was down to the nth degree, and kicked a man who was down, lying on him and accusing him and railing on him, accusing him of being evil and wicked.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Elihu's own words.
You have already shown that you don't understand them, and mis-use them for some purpose not intended by God and not revealed by God, and contrary to the rest of God's Word and Plan and Purpose.
Perhaps the 'shane', or someone else you put your trust in, deceived you about that ?
Don't trust them - they misled you grievously.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It was Elihu who was wicked. Not Job, as Elihu accused Job of being.

He was a liar and he lied on and accused a man who was down to the nth degree, and kicked a man who was down, lying on him and accusing him and railing on him, accusing him of being evil and wicked.
Here now you continue to bear false witness against Elihu with no just cause nor understanding.

The 'proof' you need is found elsewhere on the internet, not currently available to me time-wise, except for a little.

The language you have used accusing Elihu falsely indicates more of an emotional acceptance of someone else's (shane's?) false teaching than a knowledgeable understanding of what is written in Scripture.

Back to Scripture, without the prejudices shown so far, and without the errors. Perhaps Yahweh will grant this sooner instead of later ? We hope and pray so anyway.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You have already shown that you don't understand them, and mis-use them for some purpose not intended by God and not revealed by God, and contrary to the rest of God's Word and Plan and Purpose.
Perhaps the 'shane', or someone else you put your trust in, deceived you about that ?
Don't trust them - they misled you grievously.

Elihu's words are right there in the Bible.

It was clear to me after reading them (Elihu's own words) in 2013 in the book of Job (when i was studying the book of Job), that Elihu was not of God, but of Satan. It was his lying and vicious blatantly false accusations that gave him away.

Was Job wicked, Jeff?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Here now you continue to bear false witness against Elihu with no just cause nor understanding.

The 'proof' you need is found elsewhere on the internet, not currently available to me time-wise, except for a little.

The language you have used accusing Elihu falsely indicates more of an emotional acceptance of someone else's (shane's?) false teaching than a knowledgeable understanding of what is written in Scripture.

Back to Scripture, without the prejudices shown so far, and without the errors. Perhaps Yahweh will grant this sooner instead of later ? We hope and pray so anyway.

See post #969.

In 2013 when i beginning to study the book of Job, Elihu's words were right there in the Bible.

What he said about Job and accused Job of and calling Job wicked and evil, was blatant lying and attacking.

It was clear as crystal, who this Elihu was.

He was the antithesis to ANYTHING of the living God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
See post #969.

In 2013 when i beginning to study the book of Job, Elihu's words were right there in the Bible.

What he said about Job and accused Job of and calling Job wicked and evil, was blatant lying and attacking.

It was clear as crystal, who this Elihu was.

He was the antithesis to ANYTHING of the living God.
Was Job wicked and evil, Jeff?

It doesn't seem you care to know the truth since 2013. If you did then, someone led you astray.

Since it took about 4 years for you to continue in error in this, building whatever false witness was built in or taught to you,
it will not be resolved in just a few hours or even days most likely..... though it might be very important for you to learn the Truth, it won't happen if you don't want to, and that can take a number of years, as Yahweh indicated.

Sadly, whoever you trusted as you learned false teachings, must be acknowledged and renounced. This can be the most painful since someone you trusted betrayed you,
but it is very necessary, however long it takes.

Over the next week or so, I will try to find the resources you need to clear away the false teachings you were tricked by. They used to be readily available, but a lot has changed on the internet and at most places (even libraries)...... Sadly, again, more people have been deceived by false teachings than have found true teaching, so it is not just you who were betrayed/ deceived.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I would post the "key" to understanding Job and the entire book of Job, Jeff, but i suspect if you have read the book of Job from the beginning, you know what that is.

Nevertheless, i will post it, if you wish.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It doesn't seem you care to know the truth since 2013. If you did then, someone led you astray.

Since it took about 4 years for you to continue in error in this, building whatever false witness was built in or taught to you,
it will not be resolved in just a few hours or even days most likely..... though it might be very important for you to learn the Truth, it won't happen if you don't want to, and that can take a number of years, as Yahweh indicated.

Sadly, whoever you trusted as you learned false teachings, must be acknowledged and renounced. This can be the most painful since someone you trusted betrayed you,
but it is very necessary, however long it takes.

Over the next week or so, I will try to find the resources you need to clear away the false teachings you were tricked by. They used to be readily available, but a lot has changed on the internet and at most places (even libraries)...... Sadly, again, more people have been deceived by false teachings than have found true teaching, so it is not just you who were betrayed/ deceived.

I asked you earlier at least twice.

i will ask you again.

Was Job evil or wicked, Jeff?

(By the way, it's the BIBLE i read, as i studied Job).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I asked you earlier at least twice.

i will ask you again.

Was Job evil or wicked, Jeff?

(By the way, it's the BIBLE i read, as i studied Job).
You keep trying to fall back on false premises. (assumptions/ mis-understandings/ interpretations? ) ....

It won't work to justify your false witness against Elihu. (Though for some it might work, as you got tricked by someone else doing that) ....

The only thing to do for good is to turn to Yahweh, seek Wisdom and Understanding from Yahweh, as written,
instead of from false teachers that have deceived many. (this does happen a lot though, to multitudes of people - the truth is not meant to shame people nor to make them feel 'guilty' (maybe convicted?) , but to set you/them free from the errors they swallowed and believed.

Again, if you want and seek and keep seeking the true understanding of Elihu's words and the book of Job, Yahweh will grant it, if you are willing. (not apparent at all so far)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You keep trying to fall back on false premises. (assumptions/ mis-understandings/ interpretations? ) ....

It won't work to justify your false witness against Elihu. (Though for some it might work, as you got tricked by someone else doing that) ....

The only thing to do for good is to turn to Yahweh, seek Wisdom and Understanding from Yahweh, as written,
instead of from false teachers that have deceived many. (this does happen a lot though, to multitudes of people - the truth is not meant to shame people nor to make them feel 'guilty' (maybe convicted?) , but to set you/them free from the errors they swallowed and believed.

Again, if you want and seek and keep seeking the true understanding of Elihu's words and the book of Job, Yahweh will grant it, if you are willing. (not apparent at all so far)

The entire book of Job is regarding if Job was wicked or evil. It's ALL in the scriptures in Job.

It's a legitimate question.

Answer it.

Did you read the book of Job?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Elihu lied.

Show me in scripture where he didn't lie, especially what he accused of Job of, repeatedly.

From what he said about Job, you'd a thought that Job was the devil, Satan himself, incarnate.

He contradicted blatantly what God Himself said about Job.

It is written.

Sooooooooo where did this Elihu come from? Who sent him there to malign and falsely accuse and lie about Job?

Here's a bottom-line question:

Why was this even happening to Job?

Upvote 0