A prayer request for the people who refuse to see...

Apr 8, 2019
Columbia
✟10,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello,

I have a very broad prayer request... Long story short, I was just on my Facebook where I saw a friend say that religion should not be taught or discussed in schools. There were a bunch of responses agreeing with his statement and also ones saying "Well if Christianity should be taught, then so should Islam, Hindu, and Buddhism." Someone even mentioned "equal opportunity" for wiccen/satanism... (hopefully that was just a joke.)

But it makes me so sad to think there are countless people who are just completely blind. They don't see past what is right in front of them. They either don't realize or choose not to believe this life is temporary and they there is life after death. They say things like "All religions are deserve equal recognition," and "there is no wrong religion" and it brings tears to my eyes. I'm sorry but Buddha isn't going to bring you peace after death. Christ came down to this earth and died for all of his people, those who believe in him and love him as well as those who deny him.

I want to pray for all of the people in the world with blinders on their eyes.

Thank you and God bless!

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's tough. Honestly, if you are talking about America, we would have to allow the equal right to all religions. That's part of the First Amendment. But I don't think they should be taught. Talking about it and discussing among each other should be okay. When it comes to Christianity, we need to know what the other side's position is, otherwise, how can we understand and preach to them in a way that will really get to their hearts?

It's heartbreaking that there is such a push for no religion at all though. Whether your beliefs are right or wrong, God tells us not to oppress others because of their beliefs. That's a sure way to guarantee they will reject Christ.

I had a friend back in High School that was Muslim. I loved talking religion with them. We would get into the different belief systems and scriptures and because I was so open and loving to them, they actually ended up coming to Church with me one night :) Everyone knew he was Muslim, and NO ONE called him out for it or brought up how his beliefs were wrong or any of that. We just had a fun night of Youth Worship. Long story-short, he is a very strong believer now :) He loves Christ and last I hear was in Haiti doing missions.

I think allowing the freedom of discussing our religions in school would allow our Youth to be able to come at Spreading the Gospel in a whole new way. It's like trying to get an addict to quit drugs. Why should they listen to you when you have no idea where they are coming from and what they have been through? They won't. But if you listened to them, and grew to understand their position, then you are in a much better spot to preach in a loving way :)

Hope that makes sense :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NativeAmes

Aug 22, 2019
Edmonton
✟8,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I watched a testimony once on youtube, a new age practitioner had all these spirits with her buddha being one of them. Things were going wrong in her life, health failing etc so she appealed to her spirit guides to help and none of them could, she would switch to other guides and none of the other spirits were bothered by it including buddha. It was only when she decided to learn more about Jesus- the spirits surrounding her attacked her and made her life and health worse. That was hugely telling to me and follows what i learned in the bible. So she gave her life to Jesus and only He could heal her body and set her on the right path, non of her "guides" had any power against Jesus.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have prayed as you requested, and I know there surely is hope. I used to a laugh at the Bible and the thought that "Jesus" was really Who the Bible says He is was amazing to me once I came to know it was true. A couple of people's personal testimonies did help me come to faith, but mostly it was the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont think teachers should teach religion (faith) nor sex education I think it's the church and parents' responsibility.

Understand how concerning it is. Definitely asking Yahweh to remove the blinders from their minds and let the wonderful news of Christ shine

"...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God."
II Cor 4:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0