A place for non-Christians to inquire in TAW?

Would you support the creation of a subforum within TAW for non-Christian inquirers?

• Yes.

• No.

• Other. (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kolya said:
I voted yes.
I'm just a beginner Orthodox really. The longer I have been a member, the more I realise how little I actually know about our faith, though I have spent many hours studing.
I will answer what I know to be Truth, but will not be offensive.

Methinks Kolya is a very wise man! :bow:

Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, it seems people like the idea. So, what's the next step in requesting this? I think we should take it.

By the way:

Michael the Iconographer said:
I would support such a place as long as there were slightly stiffened rules as to debating, especially from the TAW end. There seems to be quite a few people in TAW anymore who like to turn ordinary conversations into un-christian debates and mud slinging fests. This would do no good for the non-Orthodox/non-christians who came into TAW to explore Orthodoxy. I really think charity needs to be the law of the land, and unfortunately right now it is lacking.

I think this is a good point to take into consideration when and if we get to the point of creating this sub-forum (and I think the "Narthex" is a great name). Oh, and no, I am not pointing fingers. I am quite aware that I have played my own part in the lacking charity around here.

john

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Xpycoctomos said:
lol, wondering the same thing. Perhaps they ahve good points to make we haven't thought of.

What would their point be? That there are enough Orthodox Christians and we don't need anyone else inquiring into the faith? PLEASE! I should take a poll to find out how many of us here are converts! I bet it is well over 50%!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I voted yes. I think it's an excellent idea, because Orthodoxy is so different from much of American Christianity, that often what unbelievers don't like about what they "think" is Christianity is not part of Orthodox belief.

Mary

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Andreas said:
Maybe we could make a sticky, telling non-christians to feel free to pm someone from TAW with any questions, and we will post them for the person?

I would be happy to be the person they PM.

I recommended to someone via PM they contact you for this. Are there any rules about copy/pasting questions from non-Christians since effectively they are posting vicariously through us?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.