A place for non-Christians to inquire in TAW?

Would you support the creation of a subforum within TAW for non-Christian inquirers?

• Yes.

• No.

• Other. (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how tightly the mods in Outreach would keep a thread asked to a certain group. I noticed a thread "Questions for Catholics" and thought it funny that the first 2 answers were by a Methodist and a Lutheran. Then they continued to politely refute the answers given by the Catholic posters even after a mod posted that it wasn't permitted.

Erwin did say that a thread could be started like this but it doesn't seem to work very well in practice.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Michael the Iconographer said:
I would support such a place as long as there were slightly stiffened rules as to debating, especially from the TAW end. There seems to be quite a few people in TAW anymore who like to turn ordinary conversations into un-christian debates and mud slinging fests. This would do no good for the non-Orthodox/non-christians who came into TAW to explore Orthodoxy. I really think charity needs to be the law of the land, and unfortunately right now it is lacking.

You have my vote: "yes".

There are also a number of people here who like to exaggerate and who characterize any disagreement - even relatively polite, respectful ones - in negative terms. There are even a few here whose idea of charity is reporting other TAW members (and announcing it publicly, in posts), even when no violations of the rules have occurred, simply because they are angry.

Imagine that!

I've never seen any "mudslinging" here ("mudslinging" being slang for name-calling, i.e., ad hominem attacks).

Personally, I am against the introduction of a subforum for non-Christians to ask questions about Orthodoxy.

I think it would be opening a can of worms we really don't want opened here.

When I was an atheist I liked eating Christians for lunch (metaphorically speaking). There are many other atheists out there who are the same way, and there are many members here who would not be able to avoid being eaten alive.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maximus said:
There are also a number of people here who like to exaggerate and who characterize any disagreement - even relatively polite, respectful ones - in negative terms. There are even a few here whose idea of charity is reporting other TAW members (and announcing it publicly, in posts), even when no violations of the rules have occurred, simply because they are angry.

Imagine that!

I've never seen any "mudslinging" here ("mudslinging" being slang for name-calling, i.e., ad hominem attacks).

Personally, I am against the introduction of a subforum for non-Christians to ask questions about Orthodoxy.

I think it would be opening a can of worms we really don't want opened here.

When I was an atheist I liked eating Christians for lunch (metaphorically speaking). There are many other atheists out there who are the same way, and there are many members here who would not be able to avoid being eaten alive.

The whole point of the subforum being for non-Christians to ask questions and since the congregational rules would still apply there would be no lunching on Christians allowed. ;)

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
forgivensinner001 said:
The whole point of the subforum being for non-Christians to ask questions and since the congregational rules would still apply there would be no lunching on Christians allowed. ;)

I think a lot of unauthorized munching would occur, followed by deletions of posts, warnings issued, and, finally, the virtual death of the subforum.

But that is just my opinion.

(Looks around for some mud to sling.) :sorry:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.