Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I covered that point in a previous post, #66.
Actually no you didn't dear friend. You simply agreed with me that there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Thank you though for being honest. As posted earlier Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the mother Church in fulfillment of Danial 7:25 that JESUS also warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9. BABYLON (apostate Christianity) has fallen *Revelation 18:1-5. God's people are in every Church but the hour is coming and now is that God is calling his people out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Christians are not Jews and do not keep the 7th day but the 1st. This is in the Bible

no it isn't.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from people, but from God.

Heb 8
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, to the extent that He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
A New Covenant

7 For if that first covenant had been free of fault, no circumstances would have been sought for a second. 8 For in finding fault with the people, He says,

“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will bring about a new covenant
With the house of Israel and the house of Judah
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care about them, says the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel
After those days, declares the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds,
And write them on their hearts.

And I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.
11 And they will not teach, each one his fellow citizen,
And each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
For they will all know Me,
From the least to the greatest of them.
12 For I will be merciful toward their wrongdoings,
And their sins I will no longer remember.”

1. We are New Covenant Christians - and it is only made with the House of Israel according to the NT writer. And the New Covenant writes God's LAW on heart and mind.

Where the 5th commandment is "first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2 in that still valid unit of TEN - Law that is included in the LAW of God written on the heart under the New Covenant.

2. "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually no you didn't dear friend. You simply agreed with me that there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.
Isn't what you wanted to tell me?...and I agreed with it.

It doesn't mean that making Sunday the principal day of worship was wrong, however.

Thank you though for being honest. As posted earlier Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the mother Church in fulfillment of Danial 7:25
and that I DO NOT agree with.

That's just typical SDA talk which blames everything that Ellen White didn't care for on the Roman Catholic Church.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
There is no scripture (OT or NT) that says "Sunday" or the first day of the week is "the Lords day"

The bible says that JESUS is Lord of the "Sabbath day" *Matthew 12:8

I covered that point in a previous post, #66.

hmmm post 66

Without providing a single text that made your case...

There is no verse that says it exactly that way, but the same information is clearly there. Sabbatarians merely want to say that the OT verse is the final and only word on the subject. If that were so, much of the rest of the NT would have to be junked on the same basis.

or any text at all in that post #66 (as of the time I am making this post)

I prefer the Bible.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
and that I DO NOT agree with. That's just typical SDA talk which blames everything that Ellen White didn't care for on the Roman Catholic Church.

Not really dear friend. If you have no scripture for your tradition and as you agree with me there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment which is scripture and the Word of God has been abolished, who are you following God or man? JESUS warns us about following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God in the scriptures in Matthew 15:3-9. Who should we believe in your view? The teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God or JESUS (the Word of God)?

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hmmm post 66

or any text at all in that post #66 (as of the time I am making this post)

I prefer the Bible.

what about Romans 14:5?

""One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
hmmm post 66

You got me. I do indeed expect that people who tell us what Bible experts they are will be familiar with some of this stuff, especially when they know which verse it is that they've been referred to.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
14 Nissan is Passover; 15 Nissan is Unleavened bread to be eaten and 16 Nissan is First Fruits.

Wrong.

You can't put the same number on it from year to year.

I already explained this to you. I've spent many years studying how to keep YHWH's Moedim. I honor them all; and I don't follow tradition. I grow an acre of my own barley in case the internet goes down; but mine ripens when it ripens in Israel.

This is really a subject for another thread.

I made that nice and big; so that everyone can see that we're getting way off topic.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
Actually no you didn't dear friend. You simply agreed with me that there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Isn't what you wanted to tell me?...and I agreed with it.

It doesn't mean that making Sunday the principal day of worship was wrong, however.

According to the Bible - which day of the week is the Holy Day of the Lord?
Which one is the Sabbath day of worship mentioned in the Commandments of God?

If your response is of the form -- "ok well yeah but that is just the Bible - suppose we choose to make a different day of the week the principal day of worship... well that would be just fine", then where do you find Bible support for such a suggestion?

If not in the Bible then are you not to at that point agreeing with those who are claiming there is no Bible support for it?

what is the "other" choice?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really dear friend. If you have no scripture for your tradition and as you agree with me there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment which is scripture and the Word of God has been abolished, who are you following God or man? JESUS warns us about following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God in the scriptures in Matthew 15:3-9. Who should we believe in your view? The teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God or JESUS (the Word of God)?

Show from the NT that after the Resurrection of Jesus, that the Disciples kept the 7th day. There are a number of verses that show the first day is when they met. Starting with the Day of Pentecost

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wrong.

You can't put the same number on it from year to year.

I already explained this to you. I've spent many years studying how to keep YHWH's Moedim. I honor them all; and I don't follow tradition. I grow an acre of my own barley in case the internet gores down; but mine ripens when it ripens in Israel.

This is really a subject for another thread.

I made that nice and big; so that everyone can see that we're getting way off topic.

Now HARK! who is putting the same number on it from year to year? It is not a day number linked to the days of the week. It is a day number linked to the days of the Feasts. These will vary from year to year depending on the yearly cycle. Cmon HARK!. You were the one who brought it up not me. Study it for yourself and pray about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You got me. I do indeed expect that people who tell us what Bible experts they are will be familiar with some of this stuff,

If your argument is that those who take the opposing POV should then search to find whatever Bible text you may need to make your case so you don't need to go to the text to make your own case... fine ...

but I don't find that method compelling.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Show from the NT that after the Resurrection of Jesus, that the Disciples kept the 7th day. There are a number of verses that show the first day is when they met. Starting with the Day of Pentecost
No problem, thanks for asking. The disciples met everyday of the week *Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47 and also kept the Sabbath. Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to the Bible - which day of the week is the Holy Day of the Lord?
Which one is the Sabbath day of worship mentioned in the Commandments of God?

If your response is of the form -- "ok well yeah but that is just the Bible - suppose we choose to make a different day of the week the principal day of worship... well that would be just fine", then where do you find Bible support for such a suggestion?

If not in the Bible then are you not to at that point agreeing with those who are claiming there is no Bible support for it?

what is the "other" choice?

STOP quoting the Old Covenant, when we are under the New, and there is NO mention that any Christians worshipped on the 7th day!

Tell me this, before the SDA's came along, and changed the day of worship to the 7th, were the entire Church of history in error, and you guys right??? What complete RUBBISH! And, according to YOUR founder, EW, all those who worship on Sunday, the First Day, are hell bound, because they will have the mark of the beast. MORE HERETICAL TEACHING!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Show from the NT that after the Resurrection of Jesus, that the Disciples kept the 7th day.

As in

"Every Sabbath" dedicate to gospel preaching to gentiles and Jews - Acts 18:4... already did that.

As in "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"?? 1 Cor 7:19 ... already did that.

As in repeatedly quoting from the 4th commandment in the affirmative in the NT? ... already did that.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No problem, thanks for asking. The disciples met everyday of the week *Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47 and also kept the Sabbath. Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10.

Nowhere in these verse does it say that Christians met on the 7th day, what they do say is the they took the Gospel to the Jews on this day!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians are not Jews and do not keep the 7th day but the 1st. This is in the Bible

The 7th day sabbath was created for MAN .... not just jews ... so says Jesus.

Jesus IS GOD.

Mark 2

27Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If your argument is that those who take the opposing POV should then search to find whatever Bible text you may need to make your case so you don't need to go to the text to make your own case... fine ...

but I don't find that method compelling.
Search to find? You know as well as I where to look, because the conversation was all about it and what it supposedly said or did not say.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As in

"Every Sabbath" dedicate to gospel preaching to gentiles and Jews - Acts 18:4... already did that.

As in "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"?? 1 Cor 7:19 ... already did that.

As in repeatedly quoting from the 4th commandment in the affirmative in the NT? ... already did that.

more nonsense! Paul was REASONING with the Jews on their Sabbath day, it does NOT say that he or the other Christians worshipped on this day!

• Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0