Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Paisios. Edinburgh is lovely and, although I have never lived there, I have relatives in West Lothian. When my niece was learning how to use a computer she always called the mouse ... the moose ... West Lothian accent!
My (step)mother studied in Glasgow in the 1960s...but the only part of Glasgow I know is Craiglang :tonguewink:.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glasgow has changed such a lot over the years and I can't remember Craiglang. My family lived in north Glasgow for many years and in the centre of Glasgow (Townhead) before that.
“Craiglang” is a fictional part of Glasgow, not a real place. It is the setting for the sitcom “Still Game”.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you rebornfree. Many years ago I spent a year studying at Manchester Polytechnic (as it was called then) in Didsbury. I really enjoyed it and had lovely digs in Holmwood Road.
I wonder if that is Manchester Metropolitan University now. I know Didsbury, though not very well. We moved up here in the 80s, before then we were in the Midlands, but I spent most of my youth in the south.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2021
Glasgow
✟17,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, rebornfree, I think Manchester Polytechnic became part of Manchester Metropolitan University. I'm sure Manchester has changed a lot since my year there. The church I went to was called Ivy Cottage and it was close to college and to my digs.

C-child x

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2021
Elyria
✟15,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a newbie here! Finally, a place where I can post a reply! Some of the threads I've tried to post on said I had "insufficient permissions"???
Anyway, my name is Mary and I'm 64. I'm a mom, a grandmother, and a great grandmother! I'm also a widow. My husband has been gone for 9 years as of this month. I miss him desperately but I know that one day, we'll be together again!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm a newbie here! Finally, a place where I can post a reply! Some of the threads I've tried to post on said I had "insufficient permissions"???
Anyway, my name is Mary and I'm 64. I'm a mom, a grandmother, and a great grandmother! I'm also a widow. My husband has been gone for 9 years as of this month. I miss him desperately but I know that one day, we'll be together again!
Hi Mary, welcome to GE. :)

I can remember something about having insufficient something or others, but it's 15 years since I joined CF and I've forgotten what it was! I was having a difficult time then, my husband having left, but I found being part of this group and having people to communicate with helpful. I hope you find us a friendly bunch and enjoy your time here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bluegot

Jun 7, 2021
Midwest
✟20,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Hello all. I am new to this board. I will be turning 60 soon. These past few years I have been hungry for Christian fellowship. I was on another Christian forum for a long time, however it has been down for months now, so I joined this one. I really would love to meet folks my age. One of the problems I have at my church is that everything is centered around the kids. There isn't anything for people my age and that is disappointing. Do any of you attend a church that has fellowship for folks our age? I was thinking of trying to start something, would welcome ideas. Thank you and I hope to find friends here!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi and welcome to the forum in Jesus name it's a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians :)
I spend time on the Pentecostal forum and the prayer wall, and of course here.
It is such an amazing forum with something for everyone. Do spend time exploring.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi bluegot, welcome from me too. :) I hope you find the fellowship you are looking for here. We are quite a wide age-group on GE, from 50 to 80s (unless there's someone older I don't know about :D). I'm 70 and have been a member since my mid-fifties, and am usually found on GE although I look at other parts of CF as well.

As for Church fellowship for 50s + I know some churches have them. I was younger at the time so I don't know what they did. How about starting with a social event, (e.g. Sunday lunch) and asking people for their ideas about a group for older people?

Upvote 0

Lynda Layton

Sep 8, 2021
Whittier
✟15,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do you all suppose there is any way we can have an introduction thread here in the Eagles forum? I know there is (or used to be) one for the board in general, but we seem to have quite a few newbies lately, and it might make them feel more comfortable to share with us that they are new here?
At any rate, welcome to all the new folks! :wave:

Hi, Clairefish!
And, speaking of fish,
I've been wandering around this site,
like a lost puppy[dog-] fish,
feeling like a Facebook-Twitter
fish-out-of water!

Following several unfruitful clicks on "Introduce Yourself", I was just about to 'call-it-a-day'. But, then, seeing your post gave me fresh hope and just what I needed to feel 'warmly-wecomed'! THANK YOU!

YaHMéN. Life is good, and our Heavenly Father IS GOOD!
I want to soar with the Eagles ~ the Golden Eagles, that is! I'm looking very much forward to our fellowship together!

Abundant Blessings!

:) Our friend and moderator, GlendaJoanne, has agreed to 'sticky' this as a welcome thread to new folks!
Isn't life just plain good sometimes?? :amen:
So welcome to the Golden Eagles introduction thread! Please make yourself at home and let us know you are here! We would love to get to know you and look forward to hours and hours of fellowship!
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Clairefish!
And, speaking of fish,
fish-out-of water!

Following several unfruitful clicks on "Introduce Yourself", I was just about to 'call-it-a-day'. But, then, seeing your post gave me fresh hope and just what I needed to feel 'warmly-wecomed'! THANK YOU!

I want to soar with the Eagles ~ the Golden Eagles, that is! I'm looking very much forward to our fellowship together!

Abundant Blessings!
Hi Lynda, great to meet you, welcome to the forum in Jesus name. Although a golden eagle, I spend time on the Pentecostal forum and also praying for people on the Prayer Wall. It is such a big site with something for everyone and lots of Christian fellowship. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, Clairefish!
And, speaking of fish,
fish-out-of water!

Abundant Blessings!

Welcome Lynda, I hope you enjoy your time here. I have been a member for 15 years and have found this to be a friendly forum. It changes over time as new members like different things, but I have always found it a relatively peaceful place. I hope you find your way around CF - so many forums to look at - and welcome to this part of it. :wave:

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi

I'm 60 and been on CF since 2004 (seems long time)
am writing here as I would like some friends. I live in the UK and all my family have died, I do have a few friends but must confess at times I get lonely.

Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
@Joy and others

I've been on board for about a week and have run into some nice people, but I think generally older people have more time to sit back and get to know new people. I'm 67. It may be rare to find a lifelong close friend this way, but to get more familiar with you would be very nice. I'm low on family too.

I'll say more later, but I've been on the computer so long my back is in a painful state I know you all can understand. :) Except maybe the 50-year-olds. Ouch, I'm outta here!

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you all suppose there is any way we can have an introduction thread here in the Eagles forum? I know there is (or used to be) one for the board in general, but we seem to have quite a few newbies lately, and it might make them feel more comfortable to share with us that they are new here?
At any rate, welcome to all the new folks! :wave:
Thank you for this! A newbie was wandering a few days ago and I tried to find an appropriate thread but didn't. I am sorry I didn't find this one. I will try to redirect her to this.

Upvote 0