New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I joined just this morning and headed straight to the Golden Eagle chit-chat thread. Then I was directed here. So basically I'm going to paste what I wrote in the Introduction thread:

I was a member of a Christian forum many years ago, now defunct, and I've really missed it. Finally decided to try to find another. It seems I have! I hope I find a home here as I did there.

I've been retired nine years, am active in my church, I volunteer at a local literacy council (office work, not tutoring), and I'm my condo association's secretary/treasurer. That's about it. I wouldn't want to be busier than that; I'm supposed to be retired!

I'm glad to be here!

Hello, BillieMae, and welcome to CF and Golden Eagles. :)

Yes, there have been a few other Christian forums that have disappeared over the years, but this one just keeps going and going. :D Lovely to have you join us and I hope your time here is richly blessed!

Upvote 0

HopefulCat

aka caitlincares
Apr 27, 2018
New England
✟11,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all. I am in my mid 50's and married 10 years.
I use to be on CF a long time ago ...
back then I hung out on the Fab 40 forum.

Hey joyshirley :wave:

And hey to the rest of you all in the forum. :tutu:

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So is there perhaps a thread somewheres where the burgeoning over-70 crowd can hang out and go on skate-board hikes 'n' stuff?? :)

Arsenios

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So is there perhaps a thread somewheres where the burgeoning over-70 crowd can hang out and go on skate-board hikes 'n' stuff?? :)

Arsenios

I'm almost 70 and you're welcome here. By the way, it's roller skates for the over 70 crowd. Try the Golden Eagles.

• Agree
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey all. I am in my mid 50's and married 10 years.
I use to be on CF a long time ago ...
back then I hung out on the Fab 40 forum.

Hey joyshirley :wave:

And hey to the rest of you all in the forum. :tutu:
Hi HopefulCat and welcome to GE! I joined 10 years ago straight into the over-50s, so I was never a Fab 40 (how young that sounds! :D). I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Arsenios
Hi Arsenios, nice to see you too. :) I'm only a couple or so years from the three-score and ten, but I agree with Tom that it's roller skates for the more senior of us, although I would probably be more at home with a yoyo and a hula hoop! :D

• Haha
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

Arsenios

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm almost 70 and you're welcome here. By the way, it's roller skates for the over 70 crowd. Try the Golden Eagles.

Bungie jumping?

Arsenios

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arsenios

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Arsenios, nice to see you too. :) I'm only a couple or so years from the three-score and ten, but I agree with Tom that it's roller skates for the more senior of us, although I would probably be more at home with a yoyo and a hula hoop! :D

I seem to not have much interest in the world at all...
And not enough more interest in maintaining prayer...

Arsenios

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You drive Tomcats?

Arsenios
Nope. I am a member of the F-14 Tomcat Association. I do artwork and run a page about the F-14.

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Ever get a ride in one?

A.

Unfortunately not. The way the navy works, they don't just give enlisted sailors like I was rides in the back seat of jet fighters. Now they have given, on occasion public figures and one actor, Tom Cruise a ride in the backseat. Tom Cruise had to use air sickness bags during the flight, needless to say. I was just an Avionic's tech on the A-6 Intruder. The same probably would have happened to me.

There was one incident when a black shoe officer (non flying) was given a ride in the back seat of the F-14. He was feeling petty unsteady as the pilot jinked the aircraft around, so he grabbed onto the yellow and black striped handles on the seat. He did not know those were the ejection seat handles. He ejected himself out of the airplane. The pilot had to fly the jet back missing the rear seat passenger. The officer was rescued a bit scratched up from the incident. Nowadays, only aircrew that are qualified are allowed in the cockpit of a Naval fighter jet.

Sadly the F-14 was retired in 2006. She is now the resident of parks and museums. The Navy now flies the F/A-18 Superhornet and F-35 Lightning II as its front line fighters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arsenios

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Unfortunately not. The way the navy works, they don't just give enlisted sailors like I was rides in the back seat of jet fighters. Now they have given, on occasion public figures and one actor, Tom Cruise a ride in the backseat. Tom Cruise had to use air sickness bags during the flight, needless to say. I was just an Avionic's tech on the A-6 Intruder. The same probably would have happened to me.

There was one incident when a black shoe officer (non flying) was given a ride in the back seat of the F-14. He was feeling petty unsteady as the pilot jinked the aircraft around, so he grabbed onto the yellow and black striped handles on the seat. He did not know those were the ejection seat handles. He ejected himself out of the airplane. The pilot had the fly the jet back missing the rear seat passenger. The officer was rescued a bit scratched up from the incident. Nowadays, only aircrew that are qualified are allowed in the cockpit of a Naval fighter jet.

Sadly the F-14 was retired in 2006. She is now the resident of parks and museums. The Navy now flies the F/A-18 Superhornet and F-35 Lightning II as its front line fighters.

There are probably some restored into private hands, but a 30 minute flight will not be cheap even if you can get one of these to consent to taking you up...

Fighter pilots are serious jocks...

Arsenios

Upvote 0