Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are probably some restored into private hands, but a 30 minute flight will not be cheap even if you can get one of these to consent to taking you up...

Fighter pilots are serious jocks...

Arsenios

The Museum system out of Pensacola still owns the jets. No on can privately own one. Every single surviving F-14 is accounted for. There are some individual aircraft that are in a remarkable state of preservation, but no they have not been flown since the F-14 was retired.

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Museum system out of Pensacola still owns the jets. No on can privately own one. Every single surviving F-14 is accounted for. There are some individual aircraft that are in a remarkable state of preservation, but no they have not been flown since the F-14 was retired.

That's a shame - They were kind of the P-51 of fighter jets, were they not? A kind of plane flown very much stick and rudder naturally...

A.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's a shame - They were kind of the P-51 of fighter jets, were they not? A kind of plane flown very much stick and rudder naturally...

A.

She was a classic and yes she was a analog plane as far as her flight controls were concerned. But her wing sweep was controlled by a computer called mach sweep programmer. Today variable sweep aircraft are not built. Today's fighter jets are now fixed wing.

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
She was a classic and yes she was a analog plane as far as her flight controls were concerned. But her wing sweep was controlled by a computer called mach sweep programmer. Today variable sweep aircraft are not built. Today's fighter jets are now fixed wing.

Do the new ones give better performance?
Or did the old ones have too many failures/maintenance issues?

Arsenios

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do the new ones give better performance?
Or did the old ones have too many failures/maintenance issues?

Arsenios

This will sound a bit odd, but truth if oftentimes stranger than fiction, the F-14 was the victim of politics. The plane that replaced her was initially inferior in the role of interceptor--and the Hornet still is notoriously short legged. The aircraft does not have the speed, the fuel range or the weapons capacity that the F-14 had. The Navy is talking about developing an aircraft to replace the F-14.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Methinks this thread is getting a tad off topic? You could maybe move your conversation to the chit chat thread?
Having said that, someone mentioned hoola-hoops, which reminded me they featured in my youth. I was comparing notes about them with a friend. She said she had tried using a hoola hoop more recently, but couldn’t do it.

Welcome Billie Mae and welcome back Hopeful Cat!

Gillian

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Friendly
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Back on topic......

Hello, glad to be part of the Golden Eagles now, so for those who don't know me.
Been on CF since April 2017.
Married to my beautiful wife and best friend for 17 years. Raised 6 children, we have one left at home that will be a senior in HS next year (Yay/Aw shucks).
Born n raised in the show me state, lived in MN for 25 years now.
Some things we enjoy are doing bible studies, raising and taking care of animals, breeding Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, fishing (open water and through the ice), lots of gardening, wild berry picking, watching movies, and going for walks on our land, mostly all done together.
Our current list of critters : 12 goats, 13 laying hens, 5 guineas, 3 dogs, 1 rescue pigeon, and 1 mouser cat.
The wife is a home maker, I work in construction, so summers are busy, winters are my time to recooperate.
Looking forward to some good fellowship with you all, God bless you.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Back on topic......

Hello, glad to be part of the Golden Eagles now, so for those who don't know me.
Married to my beautiful wife and best friend for 17 years. Raised 6 children, we have one left at home that will be a senior in HS next year (Yay/Aw shucks).
Some things we enjoy are doing bible studies, raising and taking care of animals, breeding Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, fishing (open water and through the ice), lots of gardening, wild berry picking, watching movies, and going for walks on our land, mostly all done together.
Our current list of critters : 12 goats, 13 laying hens, 5 guineas, 3 dogs, 1 rescue pigeon, and 1 mouser cat.
The wife is a home maker, I work in construction, so summers are busy, winters are my time to recooperate.
Your life together sounds inspiring, I am happy for both of you! I have one little guinea pig as my pet, and I live in a small township of 1800 folks way out in the mountains of NC. Some of my neighbors have goats and guineas and so on, so the beauty of your life is never far from me. This is farmland too. I am semi-retired now (a widow) and I care for an elderly man.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Back on topic......

It sounds like you have an interesting life. Welcome - we're happy to have you with us.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
286901_19a1be8f4928af6b5242b2d36015e7f9.jpg

Humble', Welcome to Golden Eagles brother. Blessed is your humble life in the LORD. Wishing you a warm welcome, and hoping for your safe landing and happy trails with the 'Eagles. Glory to God on High for His blessed fellowship with Jesus Christ and His People. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the very warm welcome !
Y'all can call me Humble for short, if you wish.
You're welcome 'Humble me Lord'... I meant no disrespect abbreviating you name, it is a gesture of friendship and loving kindness. You're a welcome blessing to the 'Golden Eagles' forum. Glory to God.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny how the meaning of words can be misunderstood in type.
No disrespect taken at all, I really meant, You can call me Humble, for short.
You're right 'Humble, and thank you. It's better to listen than to speak. Communication is:
  • 7% vocal (words); Worse if we can't put words into proper sentences and paragraphs...
  • 38% voice (inflection, tone); When THIS happens...
  • 55% visual (body language); :eek: ... I still don't know what these mean...
I was 99.999% certain you didn't mind, just unsure if other's thought I crossed some boundary. God bless you brother. Hope you're enjoying that big open sky up north. We had heat today, 83℉.

Upvote 0