Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course. But I also believe that much of the language used to describe it in Revelation is symbolic and impressionistic.
How do you view Revelation 22:1-5, we see tree, river of life?

Zechariah 14:8 we see living waters?

Isaiah 65:17-19 we see a New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem?

Revelation 21:1-5 We see a New Heaven, Earth, And Jerusalem.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Which literal living water flows in or around Jerusalem? I know of none.
The Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.

And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one. (Zech. 14:5-9)
Then there is this:

And he showed me a pureriver of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. (Rev. 22:1-3)​

All very literal.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Simply believing what God explicitly said is not "the imagination of unspiritual people."
Lol. Then why did Jesus speak to them in parables? Same reason he uses illustrative language or parables in prophecy rather than litteral language.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Lol. Then why did Jesus speak to them in parables? Same reason he uses illustrative language or parables in prophecy rather than litteral language.

He spoke in parables to hid the truth so the hearers couldn't understand. You're saying that's what He does in prophecy?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Either way, they are "the first that has been taken away to establish the second" (Hebrews 10:9).

I don't think you even realize you argued for the existence of millennial sacrifices so your could argue against their purpose. Maybe at some point you'll realize all scripture is true and you are doing wrong when you put them up against each other. One can only hope. It's your understanding that is flawed, not the scriptures themselves.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SeventyOne said:
I don't think you even realize you argued for the existence of millennial sacrifices so your could argue against their purpose. Maybe at some point you'll realize all scripture is true and you are doing wrong when you put them up against each other. One can only hope. It's your understanding that is flawed, not the scriptures themselves.
You argue for a future millenial kingdom with the killing of animals in sacrifice, shedding blood.

"Blessed By God" as Jesus sits on a throne watching?

That's Malarky, as God clearly states in Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and lamb lay together, they will not hurt or destroy in this kingdom seen?

What ya gonna do now, pretend like verse 25 isnt there?

• Agree
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

What is the first?
What is the second?

• Agree
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You argue for a future millenial kingdom with the killing of animals in sacrifice, shedding blood.

That's Malarky, as God clearly states in Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and lamb lay together, they will not hurt or destroy in this kingdom seen?

Actually, I don't argue for or against it. I simply point out where I'm reading it in the scriptures. I just choose to believe it.

And yeah, the animals won't be eating or attacking each other, like in Isaiah 65, but that's an entirely different topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

What is the first?
What is the second?

Are we sacrificing animals now? Nope.

You are under the assumption God went out of His way to give long detailed prophecies concerning the future even though He knew all along He had no intention of keeping His word. You are calling God a willful deceiver.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You choose to believe in animal sacrifice, God states they won't hurt or destroy, its not a different topic, are you running from the truth presented in Isaiah 65:25 that proves your teching in error :)

A future millenial kingdom with the killing of animals in sacrifice, shedding blood?

Will you stop teaching of future animal sacrifice, "Blessed By God"?
Actually, I don't argue for or against it. I simply point out where I'm reading it in the scriptures. I just choose to believe it.

And yeah, the animals won't be eating or attacking each other, like in Isaiah 65, but that's an entirely different topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You choose to believe in animal sacrifice, God states they won't hurt or destroy, its not a different topic, are you running from the truth presented in Isaiah 65:25 that proves your teching in error?

Nice copy/paste job. You're right, I do choose to believe in the revived animal sacrifice, simply because I read about it coming up again later. And yeah, Isaiah 65 isn't discussing temple activities. It's a different topic.

Try reading it with a bit of understanding. "The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the LORD."

Who shall not do the hurting or destroying? "They"
Whose the they? The animals.

In other words, the animals will neither hurt or destroy other animals. That's not discussing the temple sacrifice. Therefore, it's a different topic altogether.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are under the assumption God went out of His way to give long detailed prophecies concerning the future even though He knew all along He had no intention of keeping His word. You are calling God a willful deceiver.

Every Old Testament sacrifice including Abraham offering Issac and all the thousands of others were but a shadow of His final sacrifice at Calvary.
It is either finished, or it is not. John 19:30

Luk 24:25  Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 
Luk 24:26  Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 
Luk 24:27  And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice copy/paste job. You're right, I do choose to believe in the revived animal sacrifice, simply because I read about it coming up again later. And yeah, Isaiah 65 isn't discussing temple activities. It's a different topic.

Try reading it with a bit of understanding. "The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the LORD."

Who shall not do the hurting or destroying? "They"
Whose the they? The animals.

In other words, the animals will neither hurt or destroy other animals. That's not discussing the temple sacrifice. Therefore, it's a different topic altogether.
OK lion, don't hurt the lamb, we need to save him and cut his throat, make him bleed on a temple altar, while Jesus who shed his blood for the sins of the world, sits on a throne in Jerusalem and watches in approval?

Isaiah 66:3 tell's you exactly what God Thinks of future animal sacrifice and the shedding of blood an "Abomination"!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Every Old Testament sacrifice including Abraham offering Issac and all the thousands of others were but a shadow of His final sacrifice at Calvary.
It is either finished, or it is not. John 19:30

Luk 24:25  Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 
Luk 24:26  Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 
Luk 24:27  And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 

I've never said otherwise.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You believe and teach in error that God will bless future animal sacrifice in a temple in Jerusalem?

OK lion, don't hurt the lamb, we need to save him and cut his throat, make him bleed on a temple altar, while Jesus who shed his blood for the sins of the world, sits on a throne in Jerusalem and watches in approval?

Isaiah 66:3 tell's you exactly what God Thinks of future animal sacrifice and the shedding of blood an "Abomination"!

You disregard God's very clear words in Isaiah 66:3
That's that unbelievers usually say about the Bible. You're in good company.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never said otherwise.
So then the answers should be trivially easy.

Hebrews 10

What is the first?
What is the second?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Heb 10:8  Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 
Heb 10:9  Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 
Heb 10:10
  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 
Heb 10:11  And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 
Heb 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 
Heb 10:13  From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 
Heb 10:14  For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 
Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 
Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (From Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13.)
Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 
Heb 10:18  Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. 

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0