Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many falsely teach there will be a future millennial kingdom on this earth, where a Jewish priest will sacrifice animals in a temple in Jerusalem.

These same people use Isaiah 65 as a proof text of this millennial kingdom.

How do these people justify this teaching, when Isaiah 65:25 clearly teaches there will be no hurt or destruction in the kingdom seen?

Isaiah 65:25KJV
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

How do these people justify animal sacrifice, in the kingdom seen in Isaiah 65?

Yes the kingdom seen is eternal, and there will be no animal sacrifice, for Jesus Christ was the perfect Lamb of God!

Jesus Christ Is Lord :)

Truth7t7

Last edited:

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
How do these people justify animal sacrifice, in the kingdom seen in Isaiah 65?

Because Zechariah 14:20-21 mentions sacrifices in Jerusalem at the alter.

I don't have to understand the why (because I don't). I just have to believe what it says.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't have to understand the why (because I don't). I just have to believe what it says.

Which Jerusalem?

Zec 14:8  And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 

Rev_7:17  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev_21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev_22:1  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev_22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Heb 11:15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 
Heb 11:16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. 

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 

There is one sacrifice still to come from us.

Those with crowns will gladly lay them down at His feet.

We will also dine with the One who bought us with his Blood.

There is an altar in that place, now.

Rev_6:9  And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Tremendous confusion is produced when we do not allow the New Testament to interpret the less clear text of the Old Testament.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Which Jerusalem?

Zec 14:8  And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 

Rev_7:17  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev_21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev_22:1  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev_22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Heb 11:15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 
Heb 11:16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. 

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 
'

This one when the land around it becomes a great plain...

Zechariah 14:10 The whole land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. But Jerusalem shall remain aloft on its site from the Gate of Benjamin to the place of the former gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king's winepresses.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Can you take a hint here?

Did you read any other part of the verse? All the landmarks and regions pertain the the area surrounding the current Jerusalem.

And I love how you cut that off mid-sentence to misrepresent it. It's not just "But Jerusalem shall remain aloft".

Rather it's "But Jerusalem shall remain aloft on its site". In other words, it will remain where it is.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you read any other part of the verse? All the landmarks and regions pertain the the area surrounding the current Jerusalem.

And I love how you cut that off mid-sentence to misrepresent it. It's not just "But Jerusalem shall remain aloft".

Rather it's "But Jerusalem shall remain aloft on its site". In other words, it will remain where it is.

And do you think the "living waters" has anything at all to do with the New Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
And do you think the "living waters" has anything at all to do with the New Jerusalem?

I think the "living waters" can be associated to any and all locations God desires. Since at that time there is an earthly temple containing a throne on which Jesus will rule from from 1,000 years, and the Lord is called the fountain of living waters, it's not a stretch at all to associate it with the earthly Jerusalem as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since at that time there is an earthly temple containing a throne on which Jesus will rule from from 1,000 years, and the Lord is called the fountain of living waters, it's not a stretch at all to associate it with the earthly Jerusalem as well.

Do you mean a place where the one who conquered sin and death at Calvary will rule a world where sin and death remain?

When the remaining mortals live to great age but still die, will Christ officiate their funeral service?

Where will their soul go, since Christ is on earth?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean a place where the one who conquered sin and death at Calvary will rule a world where sin and death remain?

When the remaining mortals live to great age but still die, will Christ officiate their funeral service?

Where will their soul go, since Christ is on earth?

I do realize your rejection of the earthly kingdom skews your understanding in the related matters, such as this one. Instead of derailing this thread going over things we've already gone over, let's stick to the original question of why people like me feel justified in stating there will be sacrifices in the coming kingdom.

And again, that would be because it's clearly stated in Zechariah 14, and I'm not the judge over scripture who can declare that portion is to be ignored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SeventyOne 72015591 said:

Zechariah 14:20-21 doesnt state blood sacrifices of animals?

There are many sacrifices in the bible, prayer, your life in service, etc

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SeventyOne, post: I do realize your rejection of the earthly kingdom skews your understanding in the related matters, such as this one. Instead of derailing this thread going over things we've already gone over, let's stick to the original question of why people like me feel justified in stating there will be sacrifices in the coming kingdom.

And again, that would be because it's clearly stated in Zechariah 14, and I'm not the judge over scripture who can declare that portion is to be ignored.
Were not derailing the thread :)

Jesus conquered sin and death, is he gonna sit eternal and watch mortals die around him?

When they die where do they go, Jesus is on earth with human mortals?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Zechariah 14:20-21 doesnt state blood sacrifices of animals?

There are many sacrifices in the bible, prayer, your life in service, etc

You didn't read the verses...

Zechariah 14:21 And every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holy to the LORD of hosts, so that all who sacrifice may come and take of them and boil the meat of the sacrifice in them. And there shall no longer be a trader in the house of the LORD of hosts on that day.

If it's not animal meat, exactly what kind of meat is it?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Were not derailing the thread :)

Jesus conquered sin and death, is he gonna sit eternal and watch mortals die around him?

When they die where do they go, Jesus is on earth with human mortals?

It doesn't say, and that's not part of the OP question.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't say, and that's not part of the OP question.

A Millennium Full Of Sacrificial Blood?

Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 

Heb 10:17  And
their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 

Heb 10:18  Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Were there any "blood" sacrifices in the Old Testament that were not for sin?

Heb_9:7  But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

Heb_9:12  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb_9:13  For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb_9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb_9:18  Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Upvote 0