• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

A Lenten Request

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Light of the East, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Light of the East

Light of the East Orthodox Inquirer Supporter

+1,294
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Recognizing that for many, if not all, on this board, that Lent is still weeks away, since we are beginning this observance on Monday, I would ask the following:

After discussion with my spiritual director, I believe it is in my best interest to abstain from any sort of forums until Pascha.

In keeping with the Lenten tradition of the East, I would ask forgiveness of all here whom I have offended. I ask forgiveness for my inflammatory statements, for judgmental posts, and for acting in various manners which have been far from charity. May God forgive me and may you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, also forgive me.

I wish to all a spiritually prosperous Lent and the blessings of Almighty God.

• Prayers Prayers x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,022
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Christ forgives and I forgive! forgive this sinner!

may God forgive us all!

3. PittBullMom

PittBullMom Active Member Supporter

+248
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    ❤️ Very sweet post. ❤️

I'd forgive you anything, forgive me too.

4. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,242
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    God forgives and I cannot do otherwise (if I want to stay close to God :))
    Please forgive me.

5. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 sinner profoundly blessed by God

+5,233
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    We’ll miss you. In my current situation, I can’t imagine not hanging around this forum...

6. prodromos

+5,242
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I pray that the grace you received in the Holy Land will carry you through :crosseo:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+10,936
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Christ forgives and so do I.

Please forgive me , a great sinner.

I have the feeling that, at present, many of us are going through a time of great struggle. May we all use this to help us prepare for the Great Feast which will surely come

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. straykat

straykat Well-Known Member

+552
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'm going to join with you, my friend. I was going to abstain from certain forms of media/entertainment, but this forum should qualify too. I've never interacted with you, so obviously there's nothing to forgive on my part! But may God forgive us all and blessings to you as well.

9. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+460
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    God forgives, and so do I forgive!

Forgive me, a sinner.

10. gurneyhalleck1

+5,233
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Y’all are talking like Forgiveness Vespers has already taken place? Is outrage! ^_^

11. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+460
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    sorry! I forgot we could only ask forgiveness at the start of Great Lent! ;)

12. gurneyhalleck1

+5,233
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    ^_^

13. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Sinner Supporter

+3,675
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Christ forgives and so do I. Forgive me, a sinner.

14. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+15,084
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    God forgives and so must I. (Though I can't recall anything you've said that needs forgiveness and I try my best to keep those accounts "current".)

I pray you have a blessed Lent. I fear I will probably continue being only half-here due to time, but this is probably one of my better influences - doesn't speak that well for me maybe.

Looking forward to seeing you when we can greet one another with the Paschal greeting, God willing!

15. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,224
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I forgive, please forgive me and may God forgive us both.

16. gurneyhalleck1

+5,233
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Embraces old lady “God forgives as I forgive” (I think, “I ate one bite of your slimy chicken at coffee hour and said it was disgusting behind your back”)

Embraces short fat dude ”God forgives...” (I think, “my wife said you look like a diabetic walking timebomb, and I laughed”)

Embraces tiny little lady “God forgives...”
    (I think, “we’ve been calling you Frodo now for 3 years because we didn’t know your name and you’re a borderline midget”)

Embraces smelly Australian guy at our parish who NEVER uses deodorant
    (I think, “your BO is so bad, this just might keep you out of heaven no matter what.”)

Embraces Russian lady #56
    (I think, “I can’t remember your name? Svetlana? Maria? Alinka? Anna? DANG IT!”)

Embraces rich guy

(I think, “even though you only come to church once every six weeks because you think donating $10,000 a year to the parish gives you special rights, I forgive you, forgive me!”)

Embraces fat unpleasant lady who never smiles and can be argumentative
    (
    “Even though I’ve joked about how you need to lay off the lemon bars and I can scarcely get my arms halfway around you, forgive me!”)

17. prodromos

+5,242
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    What are you doing in my head?!