A Foolproof Way to Become a Calvinist

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
Try to do this for a day:

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” — Jesus
I don't have to try; I just do it - always. I've been doing it ever since I became a new creature.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9 (KJV) In fact, I can't not do it.

My unredeemed flesh, on the other hand, never does it and never has.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have to try; I just do it - always. I've been doing it ever since I became a new creature.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9 (KJV) In fact, I can't not do it.

My unredeemed flesh, on the other hand, never does it and never has.

I must say, I meet so few sinless folks in actual day-to-day life, but there are thousands here on the interwebs.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Try to do this for a day:

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” — Jesus

This is how we obey the Lord, and become His sons, not how we become a Calvinist?

Calvinism is a doctrine of man.

Only those who remain in the doctrine of Christ, are those who have Christ.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I must say, I meet so few sinless folks in actual day-to-day life, but there are thousands here on the interwebs.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

JLB

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

JLB

Are you are trusting in your obedience to God's Law to justify yourself?

"yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you are trusting in your obedience to God's Law to justify yourself?

I’m trusting in Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord to justify me through the obedience of faith.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 26:16

Do you understand the law of faith?

JLB

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I’m trusting in Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord to justify me through the obedience of faith.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 26:16

Do you understand the law of faith?

JLB

so, the object of your faith is your faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
jimmyjimmy said:
so, the object of your faith is your faith.
My faith comes from God.

Faith is a noun.
JLB
Your response didn't address the other poster's statement. Please clarify.

Another way to ask his question is this:
Is the object of your faith your own faith?

Or, what are you actually trusting (believing) in for salvation?

What Jesus did for you?

Or, what you are doing for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Only shows us that we fall short and need a savior.
I love my neighbor 80% of the time.
Don't think that counts.
M-Bob

Upvote 0